Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-21-2008, 08:11 PM   #1
dmjr

Default Roche Realty in Moultonborough

Anyone know why Roche Realty closed the Moultonborough Office?
Old 01-21-2008, 08:21 PM   #2
fatlazyless

It's because their lease included a property tax escalator clause, and they felt the Town of Moultonboro was just too expensive for them.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:35 PM   #3
jetskier

Default Moved Staff to Laconia.

I believe that they moved their staff to the office just outside Southdown Shores in Laconia.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:52 PM   #4
dmjr

Wow! I have never heard of any clause like that.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:11 PM   #5
fatlazyless

In Boston commercial property like a retail store, the lease usually says that the store pays a certain percentage, like 25 or 50% of the prop tax for the whole building, including any tax increases. Also, in Boston the commercial prop tax is much higher than the residential, so a four story brownstone can get one rate for the first or second floor retail, and a different residential rate for the 2-3-4 floors.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:28 PM   #6
secondcurve

Maybe because they weren't selling enough houses? That looks like it might be an even bigger problem this year.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:23 PM   #7
Irish mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve View Post
Maybe because they weren't selling enough houses? That looks like it might be an even bigger problem this year.
Perhaps........but have you noticed all the building up here this winter ? There indeed has been a slow-down, but Belknap county sales & price figures are not off as much as you might expect.

Last edited by Irish mist; 02-27-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Irish mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 12:49 PM   #8
Newbiesaukee

Perhaps to beat the institution of the new lake front building codes
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:57 AM   #9
DREAMS

Default Too Bad Frank Gave Up

I actually found the arrival of Frank's new office a breath of needed fresh air to the stale atmosphere which existed within the 50' stretch of C21 and the new Caldwell Banker Outfit. The two big box chains had dominated the area with over 200 agents who mostly have developed a personal aire personality regarding their status quo with the firm and Moultonboro. The newest arrival of Remax at the lights in Center Harbor add a great new generation of youth and energy and down to earth atmosphere so desperately needed. Similar to the softer touch and style of Lamprey Realtors, Brian & Kierra with Remax welcome folks with down to earth generosity and care for providing their quality services. Hopefully, Frank will give Moultonboro another shot in the future. Of course, like others have said the real estate market has been a dieing breed for all those folks with for sale signs the past 3 years. The only major sales are the multimillion dollar homes which once again caters to the second home seasonal markets. Unfortunatley, Moultonboro will raise all our taxes based on these absurd values placed on Lakefront home mansions. What happend to the days of a cottage?
DREAMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:43 AM   #10
spankie427

Default Just getting the truth out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
It's because their lease included a property tax escalator clause, and they felt the Town of Moultonboro was just too expensive for them.
I think you need to take a look around, watch the news or read the paper because you'd have some fun sitting on your computer thinking of slanderous remarks about each and every real estate office that has closed down recently. Trust me, there's been quite a few.
but actually that is not the reason they closed down at all. from what I understand there were quite a few of them, and an "escalator clause" was definatly not one of them. & Moultonborough too expensive? I think you need to do your research because Moultonborough is one of the cheapest towns to live in in the Lakes Region.

they've also always had an office next to South Down
spankie427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:32 AM   #11
fatlazyless

Sorry if I offended anyone wih those comments. I know very little about Moultonboro or the real estate biz. I know Moultonboro has lots of nice little narrow dirt roads that wind around through the woods down to some very nice lake homes, and it's a good place to shop for old, second-hand, fixer-upper sailboats and kayaks. Like a sailboat that was used twice and has been stored upside-down, up behind the garage since 1986, or something.

Basically, I am a state income tax supporter, and like to take a slap at the local property tax system, every now & then.

Roche Realty will be my first stop when it's time for me to upgrade to a more refined life-style. Do they sell cemetary plots?

Last edited by fatlazyless; 01-31-2008 at 06:26 PM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:50 PM   #12
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Basically, I am a state income tax supporter, and like to take a slap at the local property tax system, every now & then.
Boy FLL,that's the understatement of the year.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:57 PM   #13
secondcurve

Dreams:

I've never met a realtor I liked. The vast majority of them are overpriced used car salesmen/women.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:49 PM   #14
Irish mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankie427 View Post
I think you need to take a look around, watch the news or read the paper because you'd have some fun sitting on your computer thinking of slanderous remarks about each and every real estate office that has closed down recently. Trust me, there's been quite a few.
but actually that is not the reason they closed down at all. from what I understand there were quite a few of them, and an "escalator clause" was definatly not one of them. & Moultonborough too expensive? I think you need to do your research because Moultonborough is one of the cheapest towns to live in in the Lakes Region.

Don't waste your time on this one......he vomits all over this board with his lies & slander......lol, just read his snarky reply to you. He made his whole post up, and admits as much. I tried to take him to task for some of his behavior, and was set upon by his buddies out here as if I did something wrong, when in reality I was just trying to help keep the board civil. Just ignore him. And welcome to the board, it's a great site.

Last edited by Irish mist; 02-27-2011 at 10:11 PM.
Irish mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:40 AM   #15
froggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankie427 View Post

Roche's headquarters office is on Rt 3, Meredith, not at Southdown.

Instead of speculating why the Moultonboro office closed, one could call and ask.
froggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:45 AM   #16
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

FLL supports an income tax......great idea...punish the people that WORK.
I would rather see a sales tax that is fair to everyone....but only if it directly relieved property taxes.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:06 AM   #17
spankie427

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggy View Post
Roche's headquarters office is on Rt 3, Meredith, not at Southdown.

Instead of speculating why the Moultonboro office closed, one could call and ask.
Trust me, I know they have 'headquarters' as you call it on Route 3 at the beginning of Grouse Point. BUT! they also have an office next to South Down that had been there alot longer then the Moultonborough office, is what I was getting at. I agree also with, why dont people just call and ask. They are normal human beings too (whether or not you agree) and I'm sure Frank personally wouldnt mind clearing the air of any other slanderous remarks going around.
spankie427 is offline   Reply With Quote