Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 10-05-2005, 05:54 PM   #1
masssteve

Default Squam Lake Question?

I'm staying on little Squam this coming weekend. I keep my boat in Meredith. I was thinking about taking it over to Squam for the day. Just wondering if anyone has any opinions about Squam. Is there a way to get from Squam to little Squam, are they connected? Are there good markings? Where would I find a map? Any suggestions, comments, opinions will be greatly appriciated!
masssteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 08:07 PM   #2
Orion

Thumbs up Squam is nice, too.

We rented a place on Squam several years ago for two years. Squam is a nice change of pace from (most of) Winni. It's quieter but there aren't as many places to go. Little Squam is connected under the Rt. 3 bridge where you go by Squam Boat Livery (marina) which was featured in "On Golden Pond". There are other movie sites that can be seen, including the house. The northern part of the lake is very picturesque and also has some very nice homes. There are some islands set aside for camping. The lake is very rocky so a chart is highly recommended. All in all a nice area to cruise for a bit.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 07:03 AM   #3
mcdude

Thanked 1,044 Times in 490 Posts
Default Squam Boating Web Page

MassSteve:
Here is some information about BOATING ON SQUAM from their very well-done web page. It even talks about "Boating Ethics"...apparently unheard of by some (See Related Link) on Winnipesaukee! Lake Charts are available on the site. - McD

PS....looks like they are also starting up their own FORUM
mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 01:07 PM   #4
masssteve

I'm back from my weekend on Squam. It is a very quite, and great for fishing. But for boaters it is a Navigational nightmare! It is like cruising around moultonboro bay, the graveyard, and the witches all day long. Miss one marker and your in big trouble. If fact it is so confusing, you have to look for the next marker when your at one otherwise your on rocks. Again a very quite place to visit but I'll stick to the Big lake from now on.
masssteve is offline   Reply With Quote