Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-26-2006, 01:28 PM   #1
Biggus

I'm a Sebago boater and we are planning a trip to Winni. We're wondering where to launch. Also looking for parking for a 40' trailer and tow rig.

Have frequented Downings in Alton on many occations but I'm looking for a facility along rt 25.

Thanks in advance
Biggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:35 AM   #2
Dave R

Lee's Mills would a be a good place. I think it's free and there's plenty of room to park.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:48 AM   #3
Woodsy

Biggus..

I am guessing you will be staying over on the Weirs side of the lake? Anyway, the best place around the Weirs is Ames Farm. He has plenty of parking, and two ramps. They are kind of steep though. We have successfully launched and retrieved a visiting Donzi 32ZF and 33Z there a few times.

When are you coming to the lake? Send me a PM!

Woodsy
Old 03-27-2006, 10:51 AM   #4
Kamper

Silver Sands Motel and Marina (rt11B) can handle that too but it's day parking only. It might be a little tight at the motel ramp but if you ask I'm sure they'll let you use the larger ramp at their repair facility next door.

I used them once last year. I think it was $25. the told me if I was there by 9am there would normally be plenty of parking but later than that and your pickings got slim. I did see room to park a 40' trailer if you got there in time.

Good luck!
Kamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:07 AM   #5
Phantom

Silver Sands is hit or miss -- last year we had a visiting friend with a 10 meter gfbl and they said "no public acess" --

The folks over at Channell Marine however were accomadating & for a small fee (I have no clue) -- they strapped him and hoisted him off (& later back on) the trailer -- there was plenty of parking up near the rear buildings.

Just another option !
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2006, 11:37 AM   #6
Misty Blue

Default Wooo, that's a biggie!

But I guess that's why they call you BIGGUS.

Center Harbor has a good ramp right off of RT 25 where the Mount Washington docks (turn in at True Value Hardware). Good docks too. There is parking for trailers by the basket ball area and also behind the fire dept.

Good luck but I warn you, you may never Sebago again!

Misty Blue
Misty Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:03 PM   #7
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty Blue
But I guess that's why they call you BIGGUS.

Center Harbor has a good ramp right off of RT 25 where the Mount Washington docks (turn in at True Value Hardware). Good docks too. There is parking for trailers by the basket ball area and also behind the fire dept.

Good luck but I warn you, you may never Sebago again!

Misty Blue
I'd be concerned about launching a 38 foot boat in Center Harbor. There's a huge mound of gravel at the end of that ramp and it may present a problem for such long boat on such a steep ramp.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:42 PM   #8
Biggus

Thanks guys, I'll check out the Center Harbor facility the next time I'm out that way.

Woodsy, I'll keep you posted. Are you two planning to head over our way this summer? If so, make sure to look us up!

Kurt
Old 03-27-2006, 03:07 PM   #9
Skipper of the Sea Que
Deceased Member

Lightbulb Silver Sands - Motel and Marina are DIFFERENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
Silver Sands is hit or miss -- last year we had a visiting friend with a 10 meter gfbl and they said "no public acess" --
Silver Sands Motel (Resort) and the Silver Sands Marina each have a boat launch ramp.

Silver Sands MARINA was not accommodating public launching at their ramp last season.
The Silver Sands MOTEL ramp was still available to the public for launch and park (for a fee).
The ramp is not open 24 hours a day during "prime season" but has regular posted hours (I'm trying to remember, 8 AM to 9 PM maybe - call them to be sure). I also do not know if there are boat size restrictions.
Silver Sands Motel 603-293-4481.

If you want to use a hoist I recall that Irwin's in Lakeport used to provide that service.

Welcome back to the lake Biggus.

Amateur HAM Radio What is it? You'll be surprised. When all else fails Ham Radio still works.
Shriners Hospitals providing specialized care for children regardless of ability to pay. Find out more or refer a patient.
Skipper of the Sea Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:35 PM   #10
Phantom

Biggus -- Forget about Silver Sands Motel -- I can guarantee that you will not be able to "swing" you rig and get your boat onto this ramp (1) it is a very narrow ramp (2) there is very little room to work with between the ramp and building (office)...........

As mentioned previously, and echo'd by others -- Ames Farm is a logical spot or better yet - call any one of the marina's Channell (I know will do it), Irwin, or Lakeport Marina all have experiance with larger boats and parking.
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 11:32 AM   #11
Damdonzi

Ames Farm is a given for launching and trailer parking. No docking though. There is a resident Mistress and Sutphen that have no problem getting in and out. I had my boat there a few years ago for Summer.

If Mike Fiore can put in at Silver Sands when he comes to the Lake, don't see why you can't?

Damdonzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 11:56 AM   #12
Woodsy

Kurt...

Definitely hoping to make over to Sebago for a weekend. We will definitely catch up when you make the trip to Winni.

I think Ames Farm will be your best bet.

Woodsy
Old 03-28-2006, 01:43 PM   #13
cowisl

Kurt,

Gl launched his 42' last year in Center Harbor and had no problem. Give me a call and I will give you directions. (802)598-2512 Have a place for you to park too.

Chris
cowisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:10 AM   #14
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

Dave's right about the gravel at CH ramp,it's like a sandbar thrown up by boats that power instead of winching onto their trailer.But it's still the best place that I know of to put in on that end of the lake.Even on weekends there is very little wait and plenty of free parking within a very short walk.
All the local marine dealers use it with no problems.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:22 AM   #15
Biggus

Thanks again guys! I'm going to try out the Center Harbor ramp.

Chris, I'll look you up when we head over.

Kurt
Old 03-30-2006, 07:55 AM   #16
fatlazyless

Default ...freebie boat launch @ Shep Brown's

Way down the end of Meredith Neck, about five miles off Route 25 via Barnard Ridge Rd and just east of Interlakes High School there's a double wide, paved, gradual boat ramp next to Shep Brown's Boat Basin. The right lane belongs to the marina and the left lane belongs to the town and it is always free, afaIk. The town had the ramp rebuilt a couple years ago with ribbed concrete aprons where the ramps are underwater for better traction, or something. Only once, have I ever seen the marina have to use their olde style overhead trolley with slings and that was for that big, all red Cigarette.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:13 PM   #17
Electric man

Default Electric Man

The town started to charge for the ramp at Browns last year. It is $5.00. Get there before 9.00 AM.

Good luck.
Electric man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 07:12 PM   #18
Flotnjr

Default Lakeport Landing?

Has anybody thought of Lakeport Landing? I know they have a nice long, deep ramp, but I'm not sure of the parking situation. I am very familliar with Center Harbor, and I am a fan of that ramp. Pulling out might be a bit of a bear without power loading, and the steepness of the ramp. Has it changed in the past few years? Anyway, wherever you decide to launch, have a great time on the most beautiful lake in the nation!
Flotnjr is offline   Reply With Quote