Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-15-2013, 09:12 AM   #1
jsn

Default The Bob House

I heard the place had been sold since last I went. A friend and I had dinner there last week and the food was great! I will be returning.
jsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #2
rrr

We went last week too. We were told that there would be no changes to the menu or the staff - food was great and the staff was happy.
rrr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rrr For This Useful Post:
trfour (07-15-2013)
Old 07-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #3
dxd

Default Great Place

I can attest to the good food in the Bob House. Nowadays, when I am at the lake I spent my evenings between The Bob House and El Mariachi's. Still can't make up my mind which one has better food. Each one is great in its own rank.
dxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:15 PM   #4
VitaBene

Thanked 1,608 Times in 823 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxd View Post
I can attest to the good food in the Bob House. Nowadays, when I am at the lake I spent my evenings between The Bob House and El Mariachi's. Still can't make up my mind which one has better food. Each one is great in its own rank.
Both are good choices!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:25 PM   #5
Lin

Default Great dining and always a service with a smile

Our family does not ever miss a trip to the Bob House every time we are at our place in Moultonborough. The food is so good with a nice selection. Great atmosphere and the waiters and waitresses are some of the best in New England. It is always a very enjoyable trip to this restaurant. We were up there again last weekend during the heavy rainstorms and even extended our meals with awesome drinks and desserts. Thumbs up for this gem in town.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:13 PM   #6
Lin

We have been going there since they opened. Love the atmosphere and the food. We usually get seated pretty quickly but something went amiss our last visit even tho there were plenty of open tables in the dining room we even gave up a table in the bar area cause it was too noisy but then saw other patrons get seated ahead of us in the dining area long time after we were still waiting. We eat there every time we go to camp but this was the first extra long wait. Our waiters and waitresses have always been the best ever and the food is awesome so our last experience will not deter us from going again we love it. It is our family's favorite place to eat in the lakes region
Old 07-04-2014, 06:31 AM   #7
jeffk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin View Post
We have been going there since they opened. Love the atmosphere and the food. We usually get seated pretty quickly but something went amiss our last visit even tho there were plenty of open tables in the dining room we even gave up a table in the bar area cause it was too noisy but then saw other patrons get seated ahead of us in the dining area long time after we were still waiting. We eat there every time we go to camp but this was the first extra long wait. Our waiters and waitresses have always been the best ever and the food is awesome so our last experience will not deter us from going again we love it. It is our family's favorite place to eat in the lakes region
Do they have "call ahead"? If so, you can get there and wait while call ahead diners come in and get seated. It's a nice feature to have but can be disconcerting to those who are walk-ins and don't realize what is going on.
jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 04:11 PM   #8
Lin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffk View Post
Do they have "call ahead"? If so, you can get there and wait while call ahead diners come in and get seated. It's a nice feature to have but can be disconcerting to those who are walk-ins and don't realize what is going on.
The girl our front told us fifteen minutes turned out to be just about an hour and they sat us at one of the empty tables we saw. So was not sure what was up. It won't stop us from eating there but it was the first time my brother and I had been there that this has happened. Even after being sat I think only five tables in the dining room were seated including ours and not by huge groups. The bars were full and we thought it was due to not enough servers but several people got seated ahead of us long after we had been there.