Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 11-04-2010, 02:35 PM   #1
Grady223

Default What's Going On?!

Pennsylvania went Republican Tuesday and New Hampshire went entirely Democratic - what a turn around - what goes?
Grady223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:02 PM   #2
WinnDixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grady223 View Post
Pennsylvania went Republican Tuesday and New Hampshire went entirely Democratic - what a turn around - what goes?
We are talking about Nov.2, 2010 here, right??? NH certainly didn't go entirely Democratic. We watched from a distance...but...I think we saw it OK.
WinnDixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:19 PM   #3
kjbathe

290-something Republican House members. 19 Republican Senators. If this is considered going "entirely Democratic", works for me.
kjbathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:41 PM   #4
songkrai

WHO SAID

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around me
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
And I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again
songkrai is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to songkrai For This Useful Post:
SteveA (11-05-2010)
Old 11-04-2010, 06:52 PM   #5
gf2020

Maybe Grady meant MA? Which did go 100% Democrat. I'm ready to move to NH or ME!
gf2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2010, 10:15 PM   #6
Bear Island South

Quote:
Originally Posted by songkrai View Post
WHO SAID

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around me
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
And I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again
I believe, The Who!
Bear Island South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:33 AM   #7
dpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Island South View Post
I believe, The Who!

Who?? The Who!! Who??? The Who!!! Who???? Oh forget it!!!!
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:04 AM   #8
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

Hopefully they will repair some of the damage done to our state and region during the past 2 years! Hope they are not chickens!
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tis For This Useful Post:
nicole (11-06-2010)
Old 11-05-2010, 07:48 AM   #9
Ropetow

Rule #1 for elected officials: Do no harm.

Rule #2: Spend the public's money like it's your own personal household $$$.

Rule #3: Use common sense (even though it's not so common these days)
Ropetow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:59 AM   #10
fatlazyless

Default WOW Trail- 1st mile!

www.city.laconia.nh.us

Here's one positive local Laconia public stimulis that was built in September-October-November of 2009, funded in large part with about $900,000 of a U.S. federal stimulis grant; the very first 9/10's mile of the W.O.W. Trail that runs along next to the old railroad track from just behind the Laconia Library, www.laconialibrary.org, to just across the street from Lake Opeechee.

The money, the $900,000 federal money, made a great big difference in getting it built. In the construction biz, the money really matters, it is what makes the construction happen!

Just by reading the local LaDaSun, one reads about various on-going public W.O.W. Trail projects and community gatherings that include clean-ups of vacant lots, large mural painting of a steam locomotive, granite benches, and mini-parks that are all public enhancements.

If and when the remaining eight miles of the WOW Trail walking-bicycle-10' wide paved asphalt, waterfront walkway gets all built out from Lake Winnisquam in Belmont to Laconia to Lake Opeechee to Paugus Bay (Lake Winnipesaukee) to Weirs Beach to Meredith Bay (Lake Winnipesaukee) to Meredith it will become one more reason for tourists to come visit the area, as well as for locals to go pedal the trail.

Basically, the Weirs Beach area down by the lakefront, is pretty much of an uninhabited, unused, and economically dead area from just after Labor Day through till Memorial Day. The W.O.W. Trail should definately help to change that because the trail should get built right down and across through the Weirs-waterfront area. That will give people a very good reason to be going there from say March thru November, or so. It is potentially a beautifull lakeside, commercial BUSINESS-TOURIST area that is now deserted for about nine months per year.

If John McCain had won the president's race in November 2008, and not Barack Obama, would the 9/10 first W.O.W. Trail mile have received the stimulis $900,000? What do you think?

www.wowtrail.com ... !

Last edited by fatlazyless; 11-05-2010 at 05:46 PM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:16 AM   #11
Grady223

Quote:
Originally Posted by gf2020 View Post
Maybe Grady meant MA? Which did go 100% Democrat. I'm ready to move to NH or ME!
Oops, sorry, don't know what I was looking at on Wednesday but it had US Senate and House seats going to Dems. Must be my Old Timers!
Grady223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:16 AM   #12
Shore Driver

You might have confused NH for crappy ol CT.

A viciously taxed blue state to the core. More to come! Malloy practically assured us that he will raise taxes to help out his friends in the state employee unions.
Shore Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shore Driver For This Useful Post:
Pineedles (11-05-2010)
Old 11-05-2010, 11:24 AM   #13
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,054 Times in 497 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
Who?? The Who!! Who??? The Who!!! Who???? Oh forget it!!!!
Live! Turn it up LOUD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zydAs5bRW1U

Now this song will be stuck in my head all day.

Sorry, blame it on the flashbacks...

But.. seriously, many groups have claimed this song as an anthem for "revolutions" and "causes". The GOP tried in 2006. Old Pete wasn't buying it.

"In its May 26, 2006 issue, the conservative National Review magazine published a list of "The 50 greatest conservative rock songs." "Won't Get Fooled Again" was ranked song number one. Pete Townsend responded on his blog as follows:
"It is not precisely a song that decries revolution - it suggests that we will indeed fight in the streets - but that revolution, like all action can have results we cannot predict. Don't expect to see what you expect to see. Expect nothing and you might gain everything.'' Townsend then goes on to explain that the song was simply ''Meant to let politicians and revolutionaries alike know that what lay in the center of my life was not for sale, and could not be co-opted into any obvious cause.'' "

"meet the new boss, same as the old boss" Now that is what all of Washington DC is all about!! Red, Blue.... dosen't matter they get very little done for anybody besides themselves.
NoRegrets (11-05-2010)
Old 11-05-2010, 11:34 AM   #14
NoRegrets

Thanks for the link. I am at my desk with my headphones and inhaling the energy from the performance! I can't wait to get back to the lake to take our last cruise tomorrow!!!!!
NoRegrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:46 AM   #15
Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
www.city.laconia.nh.us

Here's one positive local Laconia public stimulis that was built in September-October-November of 2009, funded in large part with about $900,000 of a U.S. federal stimulis grant; the very first 9/10's mile of the W.O.W. Trail that runs along next to the old railroad track from just behind the Laconia Library to just across the street from Lake Opeechee.

The money, the $900,000 federal money, made a great big difference in getting it built. In the construction biz, the money really matters, it is what makes the construction happen!

Just by reading the local LaDaSun, one reads about various on-going public W.O.W. Trail projects and community gatherings that include clean-ups of vacant lots, large mural painting of a steam locomotive, granite benches, and mini-parks that are all public enhancements.

If and when the remaining eight miles of the WOW Trail walking-bicycle-10' wide paved asphalt, waterfront walkway gets all built out from Lake Winnisquam in Belmont to Laconia to Lake Opeechee to Paugus Bay (Lake Winnipesaukee) to Weirs Beach to Meredith Bay (Lake Winnipesaukee) to Meredith it will become one more reason for tourists to come visit the area, as well as for locals to go pedal the trail.

Basically, the Weirs Beach area down by the lakefront, is pretty much of an uninhabited, unused, and economically dead area from just after Labor Day through till Memorial Day. The W.O.W. Trail should definately help to change that because the trail should get built right down and across through the Weirs-waterfront area. That will give people a very good reason to be going there from say March thru November, or so. It is potentially a beautifull lakeside, commercial BUSINESS-TOURIST area that is now deserted for about nine months per year.

If John McCain had won the president's race in November 2008, and not Barack Obama, would the 9/10 first W.O.W. Trail mile have received the stimulis $900,000? What do you think?

www.wowtrail.com ... !

brk-lnt (11-06-2010), chipj29 (11-08-2010)
Old 11-06-2010, 03:14 PM   #16
phoenix

actually other than the gov NH couldn't have been more red. both house seats in congress,US senate and legislature highest republican in decades. 19 out of 24 in senate and around 300 out of 400 in house
Old 11-06-2010, 03:49 PM   #17
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

The Who could have been roadies for the Rolling Stones
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:15 AM   #18
Onshore

http://www.concordmonitor.com/articl...o-be-revisited
Onshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:32 PM   #19
ClosetExtrovert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grady223 View Post
The strategy was vote out the incumbent. So that's a good thing. Neither party seems to be working in our best interest...So out you go and get a real job.
ClosetExtrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:19 PM   #20
CGI3

Default WOW Trail?? 900,000 for 9/10's of a mile?

Money well spent in these tough economic times. I guess the name is appropriate. Thats exactly what I said when I found out how much the government spent on 9/10's of a mile....WOW!! Whats next, a 6,000,000 "bridge to no where"?? Hey, It's only money, keep those printing presses rolling!!
CGI3 is offline   Reply With Quote