Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-26-2013, 07:57 PM   #1
localgirl

Unhappy Shooters

Just got home from what we thought was going to be a nice Monday evening, dinner out only to be blasted as we walked thru the door by some guy with a microphone talking so loud they could probably hear him from Shaw's....not to mention the music that he was trying to compete with was also so loud we should've left at that point. Chose to sit in the room alongside the road, furthest away we could get and still literally had to holler at each other to be heard. Really? Why do restaurants feel & think they need to do this to diners? Granted it was some Budweiser promo tonight and it was pretty much a 30-year old crowd but they should consider somehow to close off the dining area from the bar. I left there with my head pounding...what a horrible horrible evening. Not to mention the fact that I ordered a turkey & swiss panini and it was a glorified "sandwich"....the cheese wasn't even melted, hardly even toasted. So much red onion on the sandwich as well as lettuce & tomato. Not sure who the chef is but he needs to take panini lessons because I've had many a panini in my life and never had one that was like a glorified turkey sandwich and to top it off it was made on something that resembled a bulkie roll to boot!! My fault for not leaving when we walked thru the door. Horrible food, double horrible atmosphere....NEVEr ever will we return there.
localgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #2
jniff101

I have never been to Shooters but I thought that's what is was, a bar. Bars are noisy and crowded with 20-30 somethings and they usually aren't known for their top notch food. I'm sorry you had a bad time I heard the mexican place across the street from there is pretty good.
jniff101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:53 PM   #3
Misha888

Default Shooters is a Bar and a Bar Only

It's a 20 something hangout where one can play pool and drink and be loud. Definitely not a place one would want to go to for 'dinner'. The food is to help the kids sober up.
Misha888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:48 AM   #4
RailroadJoe

2 posts. One positive and one negative. Oh well.
RailroadJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:52 AM   #5
dpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RailroadJoe View Post
2 posts. One positive and one negative. Oh well.
Yup...Thinking the same thing another eatery trashed by someone with VERY few posts.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2013, 07:12 AM   #6
Winnisquamguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misha888 View Post
It's a 20 something hangout where one can play pool and drink and be loud. Definitely not a place one would want to go to for 'dinner'. The food is to help the kids sober up.
This is so far from the truth, I am regular there and I am not in my 20's. The food there is pub food but so is Patrick's and I find Shooters hands down better.Patrick's doesn't even need a band and the place is obnoxiously loud. Shooters is loud when there is a band in there but that is only on weekends and after 9:00 pm they have karaoke on Thursday's again starting at 9:00 pm.Shooters is a great place to watch your favorite sporting event as they have lots of tv's. Shooters has one of the best burgers in the Lakes Region and their pizza always gets great reviews as well as their chicken wings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by localgirl Just got home from what we thought was going to be a nice Monday evening, dinner out only to be blasted as we walked thru the door by some guy with a microphone talking so loud they could probably hear him from Shaw's....not to mention the music that he was trying to compete with was also so loud we should've left at that point. Chose to sit in the room alongside the road, furthest away we could get and still literally had to holler at each other to be heard. Really? Why do restaurants feel & think they need to do this to diners? Granted it was some Budweiser promo tonight and it was pretty much a 30-year old crowd but they should consider somehow to close off the dining area from the bar. I left there with my head pounding...what a horrible horrible evening. Not to mention the fact that I ordered a turkey & swiss panini and it was a glorified "sandwich"....the cheese wasn't even melted, hardly even toasted. So much red onion on the sandwich as well as lettuce & tomato. Not sure who the chef is but he needs to take panini lessons because I've had many a panini in my life and never had one that was like a glorified turkey sandwich and to top it off it was made on something that resembled a bulkie roll to boot!! My fault for not leaving when we walked thru the door. Horrible food, double horrible atmosphere....NEVEr ever will we return there.
I would suggest you never eat in the lakes Region again, save your money!You're the type that you will never be happy! Get a new hobby as well.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:23 PM   #7
gillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
Yup...Thinking the same thing another eatery trashed by someone with VERY few posts.
And you didn't like it when there were positive posts by junior members about Junior's Crush
House. What are newer members allowed to post about? And do they have to get your permission first? How old would it get if I slapped every negative post by you and RailroadJoe? 'Cause you two are prehistoric at this point.
ccw1844 (08-27-2013), idoso (08-28-2013), mhtranger (08-27-2013), surfnsnow (08-27-2013), trfour (08-27-2013), upthesaukee (08-28-2013), Winnisquamguy (08-28-2013)
Old 08-28-2013, 05:59 AM   #8
dpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillygirl View Post
And you didn't like it when there were positive posts by junior members about Junior's Crush
House. What are newer members allowed to post about? And do they have to get your permission first? How old would it get if I slapped every negative post by you and RailroadJoe? 'Cause you two are prehistoric at this point.
Didn't like positive posts????? Here's my comment:

I find interesting that a good number raving about the Crush House has app. 2-8 posts on the forum.........Workers from there or maybe friends?????

Found it interesting that's all nothing more, nothing less. I could care less what people think about the place...And yeah if they got my permission that would be wicked cool!
Old 08-28-2013, 08:14 AM   #9
gillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
Didn't like positive posts????? Here's my comment:

I find interesting that a good number raving about the Crush House has app. 2-8 posts on the forum.........Workers from there or maybe friends?????

Found it interesting that's all nothing more, nothing less. I could care less what people think about the place...And yeah if they got my permission that would be wicked cool!
Okay, so you didn't say specifically that you didn't like the posts but with your past history it's pretty obvious what you were insinuating. I find it interesting that you can't cop to bashing new posters in the restaurant forum, whether positive or negative.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:58 AM   #10
Legionnaire70

Shooters has great pizza and other good food as well.

Maybe you hit an off night? Promo and the cook was asleep at the helm?
Legionnaire70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:39 AM   #11
localgirl

Smile Shooters Reply

Just so all of you know....I only have 2 posts because I just barely found this forum and THAT being said...I am generally not a negative person. Would you like me to post every single restaurant I eat every week? We ate at CJ Avery's last Sat. night and it was good. Not bad, not super, but good. A tad bit expensive but we only frequent that place couple of times a year. We are 50 something's and eat out at least once a week. And to the person who commented about "only having 2 posts"...I would imagine that at one point "you" sir or madam, only had 2 posts as well. That's how it works, ya start out with 1 and work your way up....!! I actually have eaten at Shooters many many other times and this, by far, was the worse meal. As a matter of fact perhaps it was my mistake for not stating that fact on my original post, my bad. I would say that maybe Monday nights the regular cook has the night off? Not sure but like I said, I know Panini from a sandwich on a roll and this was no Panini....it was a regular sandwich on a bun, cheese wasn't even melted. If I'd wanted a sandwich on a bun I would've ordered it. That being said there "is" a dining area on the other side of the bar and the night we were there I believe there were 2 couples with 3 kids sitting at the high top and 3 other couples besides ourselves, all well over 40, with the exception of the 2 couples with kids. I think that the Budweiser guy could've certainly toned down the microphone a bit and not sure why he thought he needed to wander into the dining area to talk to people while we were eating....just my opinion. There are many other fine restaurants to choose from in the area as I've lived here ALL my life, own our own business and have no problem spending my $$$ "local".....Just so happens Shooters won't be one on the top of my list, "just my opinion from my experience". And yes, the Mexican place across the street is good if you like Mexican, I can take it or leave it. have been there 3 times and pretty decent but can't/don't eat a lot of Mexican very often. So watch for more posts from my eating out experiences and maybe I can work "my" posts up to double digits!!! (See as you can tell by this post, I have no clue how to even get back to my original post so I can reply to any of you so had to start a new one so please don't bash me for that too)!! AND I gave Shooters a smiley face this time just so you know there's no hard feelings, just not my place to eat.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to localgirl For This Useful Post:
gillygirl (08-28-2013), upthesaukee (08-28-2013), VitaBene (08-28-2013)
Old 08-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #12
hig

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillygirl View Post
Okay, so you didn't say specifically that you didn't like the posts but with your past history it's pretty obvious what you were insinuating. I find it interesting that you can't cop to bashing new posters in the restaurant forum, whether positive or negative.
Maybe because most of these posts are nothing more than spam, with the objective of circumventing the rules of the board and misleading people. These posters generally don't post again, not even to defend themselves when their legitimacy is questioned, and they don't become regular contributors to the board.

This is common on regional web forums unfortunately. I moderate another (unrelated) forum and we have a five post minimum before you can compliment or bash a local eating establishment.

It's really amazing how that eliminates the problem
hig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #13
dpg

Thank you hig didn't bother explaining myself (maybe I should of) but my thoughts exactly. I'm done "getting into it" with a perfect stranger in cyber space.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #14
localgirl

Cool Opinions...really?

I thought the idea of a forum was to state an opinion....NOT to get bashed & insulted by a bunch of people who don't agree with me. I totally agree with the Patrick's comment, don't go there because of the band but I assure you there was a guy wandering all over the place Monday night with the microphone soooooo friggin' loud that we could NOT carry on a conversation across our table. That being said, and the fact that my sandwich wasn't what I expected, nor was it all that good, do you have to bash me because I didn't like the place? What part of opinion don't you get? I didn't come back with snarky comments when you all said it was so great, one of the best places around, great pizza & burgers....yes yes yes...it probably is. I have eaten there probably 15-20 times........I am not new to this area, I was born & raised here, lived here 50+ years, own a business here, most of you probably even know who I am so don't go giving me negative crap about what I posted. 1 horrible meal & a loud loud loud promo guy giving away beer coozies with the juke box blasting made it for a not so pleasant night. That's all I'm saying guys....and I never considered Shooters to be a 30 something hang out, esp. at 6:30 on a Monday night. Maybe 8:30 9:00 on a Thursday or Friday or Sat. but Monday night there were many couples in there eating and not there to drink or party. That being said......guess I'll stick to JT's...great food there & not too loud and yes, it's a 30 something with families but I can at least carry on a conversation. And note to "Winnisquam Guy"...really? Do you need to insult me like that? Get a hobby? Really? You, sir, are an idiot, sorry but you are. And I am generally verrrrrrrrry happy with 99.9% of the restaurants I eat at, had a bum night at Shooters, excuse the crap outta me!! Make ya feel like a big guy....???
The Following User Says Thank You to localgirl For This Useful Post:
gillygirl (08-28-2013)
Old 08-28-2013, 01:11 PM   #15
RailroadJoe

Default Just had to get back in

Well, looks like someone takes things really serious.. As for me, I just had an "exceptional" hamburger with onions at the local McD's and it was so good I went and got a second one. Great place.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RailroadJoe For This Useful Post:
dpg (08-28-2013), modio (08-28-2013)
Old 08-28-2013, 04:15 PM   #16
gillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hig View Post
Maybe because most of these posts are nothing more than spam, with the objective of circumventing the rules of the board and misleading people. These posters generally don't post again, not even to defend themselves when their legitimacy is questioned, and they don't become regular contributors to the board.

This is common on regional web forums unfortunately. I moderate another (unrelated) forum and we have a five post minimum before you can compliment or bash a local eating establishment.

It's really amazing how that eliminates the problem
Then as a forum moderator, you should realize two things. Firstly, it is up to the moderator to determine if a post is spam or not; and secondly, members are not supposed to be rude to other members, new or senior.
Winnigirl (08-29-2013)
Old 08-28-2013, 04:23 PM   #17
gillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RailroadJoe View Post
Well, looks like someone takes things really serious.. As for me, I just had an "exceptional" hamburger with onions at the local McD's and it was so good I went and got a second one. Great place.
It seems like you and dpg take your policing of this forum very seriously if you can't resist pointing out every time a new member posts a negative or positive review. Are you perchance the dock nazis at Glendale who try to tell people how to dock their boats?
Old 08-28-2013, 05:23 PM   #18
RailroadJoe

gillygirl No, but I got the town to stop piling snow in the handicap spaces.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:57 PM   #19
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Welcome to the forum.

Local girl, welcome to the forum. Sorry your first post had to create so much negativity to you.

Hope you can get by this and enjoy the forum. I do remember my first posts, and was always afraid of saying "the wrong thing". Fortunately back then, there were so many very tolerant and helpful folks. Maybe not as many now.
gillygirl (08-29-2013), mhtranger (08-31-2013)