Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 04-03-2009, 11:36 AM   #1
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts
Default Market Basket

Let me tell you : M.B. and Arthur D is coming ...and if anyone can prove to me that M.B. is not coming in ,I will sign a multi year lease for the Jackson site .... That is a promise.I will take all 30,000 sq.ft. and i will sign it this month..$7.50 NNN .but Artie already has his tallons on it.

Been a couple of months since Michael C made this post and I'm patiently waiting for a new MB......anybody know what's up?
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:07 PM   #2
Happy Gourmand

Default Market Basket...

.......will be a GREAT addition to that Meredith location. It's a super convenient location for me as I commute every weekend starting very soon.
I'm sure the shop owners in that mall are as anxious as we are for MB to open.
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:16 PM   #3
donnamatrix

Default Wow.

What is Arthur D??? I hope that Market Basket comes to the JS store... I mean right now, I end up going to at least 2 stores to try to get the best deals : Hannaford chicken at $1.79/lb last week-get 10 lbs and freeze it. It's nuts. Good grief.
donnamatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:44 PM   #4
Resident 2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamatrix View Post
What is Arthur D??? I hope that Market Basket comes to the JS store...
Arthur D. owns Market Basket.

R2B
Resident 2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:02 PM   #5
WeirsBeachBoater

Can I get a YAHOOOOOOO!!!!!! Growing up on Demoulas/Market Basket I would love to see them in Old Province Common. Folks you won't have to worry about congestion at Hannafords, MB will put a hurting on them. Bring it on. Sooner the better!
WeirsBeachBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2009, 03:20 PM   #6
eillac@dow

Yes, I too would love to see a Market Basket move in. You can't beat their prices! Bring em on!
eillac@dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:57 PM   #7
jmen24

Default Mb

I would really like to know where Michael C got this information as well and what happened with the phone call he was going to make.

I said this before in the other post, but the Tilton opening did not pick up in numbers as fast as they would have liked and MB is only building three new stores this year (that is a fact) and is planning 11 more remodels and moving a store into Meredith is not in the mix. Meredith does not fit the profile of any other MB locations, stop and think about the proximity to highways and major metro areas at every other MB location.

Arthur D. is the President of MB, it is still owned by the family and is run by a board that consists of many members that have been there since the beginning. This is a very conservative company and you will not see then jump to a location else they can prove its worth (Tiltons slow build up will be a big deterent to any further development in a very seasonal area). The amount of traffic at the Tilton location will have to double before you will see anything else in the area.

One new location will be in the Keene area and future development into southern Maine will happen before they set up shop in more rural areas.

At the Jackson Star location is the entire property for sale or is it a lease situation, because if it is lease that is the nail in the coffin.

My sources are in a far better position to have access to this information and they do not require a phone call.

jmen
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:13 PM   #8
Pontoon Goon

Default Be careful what you ask for.....

If you think parking at Hannafords is bad think of what a mess MB would be in Jackson Star location. That parking lot would totally inadequate.
Pontoon Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:47 PM   #9
phoenix

well it will give me an excuse to drive to Tilton once a week to go to MB and HD et al
Old 04-03-2009, 06:12 PM   #10
Kerk

Default bruce

I come up the Wolfboro side and use the MB store at the Lee traffic circle as the closet one to where I am going-Tuftonboro. jmo
Kerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:32 PM   #11
meredith weekender

I totally agree that the parking situation at Olde Province Common is a deterent as well as a fact that MB usually does NOT lease. It would be great to have them around, but the numbers are just not here.
meredith weekender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:52 PM   #12
Seeker

We had to drive down to Rochester today to go to MB. Love to replace Hannafords in Ossipee with one.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:14 PM   #13
Waterbaby

Default Soooooooooo...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmen24 View Post
I would really like to know where Michael C got this information as well and what happened with the phone call he was going to make.

I said this before in the other post, but the Tilton opening did not pick up in numbers as fast as they would have liked and MB is only building three new stores this year (that is a fact) and is planning 11 more remodels and moving a store into Meredith is not in the mix. Meredith does not fit the profile of any other MB locations, stop and think about the proximity to highways and major metro areas at every other MB location.

Arthur D. is the President of MB, it is still owned by the family and is run by a board that consists of many members that have been there since the beginning. This is a very conservative company and you will not see then jump to a location else they can prove its worth (Tiltons slow build up will be a big deterent to any further development in a very seasonal area). The amount of traffic at the Tilton location will have to double before you will see anything else in the area.

One new location will be in the Keene area and future development into southern Maine will happen before they set up shop in more rural areas.

At the Jackson Star location is the entire property for sale or is it a lease situation, because if it is lease that is the nail in the coffin.

My sources are in a far better position to have access to this information and they do not require a phone call.

jmen
Since you have such great contacts with the "D" family, could you please PM me with what's going on with the Stratham store? As you would know, of course, it was supposed to close after the holidays and it's still a very going concern......... And, I also have another question, which I will ask you once you PM me and I respond to it -- it's another D family history-type question Many thanks in advance!
Old 04-04-2009, 02:30 PM   #14
Greenbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerk View Post
I come up the Wolfboro side and use the MB store at the Lee traffic circle as the closet one to where I am going-Tuftonboro. jmo
There's one in Rochester on Route 125. I just got home from it. I like the one in Concord best.
Greenbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:20 PM   #15
michael c

I had to wait almost 3 weeks for "my guy" to research and get back to me. 2 weeks ago i got the call: No Market basket going into the old Jackson star.
It is always possible for Artie D to change his mind,but if he does end up going into J.S.,,then he didn't really change his mind,it was only a delaying/market position ploy. I know Artie D. AKA the Falcon [ he doesn't even know that is what all the employees call him] looks a little like Pacino,but in a real fight,I'd put my money on Artie.

The property is being "shopped around" and I understand that there is another large grocery chain VERY seriously looking at it...I will let you know as soon as I hear .