Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 12-23-2023, 06:45 PM   #1
Lesdeak

Default Deck and Screened-In Porch builder wanted

We just bought a lovely home in the Long Bay community of Laconia with large deck that spans the whole length of the house and has beautiful views of the Lake. I love screened in porches and if possible, we want to turn half the deck into a screened in porch. Can anyone recommend a contractor or company with experience building decks and screened in porches. Thank you in advance for your suggestions.
Lesdeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 07:26 PM   #2
John Mercier

I can check for more contractors that have done work in that area... but the two that come to mind are KA Clason (603)630-7285 and Lighthouse Contracting (603) 567-4172

I don't know how busy each is, or your timeline, but both have won Parade of Home awards for their work.
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 02:54 PM   #3
MeredithMan

Default Be prepared to wait....(and pay)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesdeak View Post
We just bought a lovely home in the Long Bay community of Laconia with large deck that spans the whole length of the house and has beautiful views of the Lake. I love screened in porches and if possible, we want to turn half the deck into a screened in porch. Can anyone recommend a contractor or company with experience building decks and screened in porches. Thank you in advance for your suggestions.
I have a major deck renovation upcoming. I phoned Lighthouse Contracting, (one of John's recommendations), back in July, and at that time they told me they were about 15 months out. I have still yet to make a final decision on a contractor, but they are all out to next July/Aug/Sept, and all of the quotes were considerably more than I thought they would be. So, be prepared to wait and to pay...

You may also want to consider Scott Compton Builders and the construction crews of Stephens Landscaping and Miracle Farms. They all do quality work.
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MeredithMan For This Useful Post:
Lesdeak (12-28-2023)
Old 12-24-2023, 09:46 PM   #4
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithMan View Post
I have a major deck renovation upcoming. I phoned Lighthouse Contracting, (one of John's recommendations), back in July, and at that time they told me they were about 15 months out. I have still yet to make a final decision on a contractor, but they are all out to next July/Aug/Sept, and all of the quotes were considerably more than I thought they would be. So, be prepared to wait and to pay...

You may also want to consider Scott Compton Builders and the construction crews of Stephens Landscaping and Miracle Farms. They all do quality work.
I agree. The good builders have at least a 12 month backlog. It isn’t quite as crazy as the past couple of years but backlogs are still solid.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 11:00 PM   #5
John Mercier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithMan View Post

Those are solid builders also.
Scott Compton went to school with me and is from Laconia. Stephens is from Moultonborough, but not that far away; also a PoH winner.

I don't have either of those numbers right at my fingertips, but they have websites.
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Mercier For This Useful Post:
Lesdeak (02-18-2024)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2023, 10:27 AM   #6
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesdeak View Post
If you aren't stuck on a big company and don't mind a small crew of 2-3 guys I would suggest the guys that I used. No official company name, more of a time and materials situation. I can tell you that they did 2 full gut renovations for me, a 5000 sqft mountainside home and a 1200sqft island home, and both are stunning.

For decks, they redid a 28x40' rooftop deck over a 4 car garage. Azek decking, cable rails, etc. Also another multi angle deck that follows the contour of a prow front home. Lastly a 16x40' deck on the island, composite decked and wrap around stairs.

I am sure they could do it in the spring, if not sooner with the weather we are having. If no new footings are going in it could be done over the winter (not that we have any frost now).
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to codeman671 For This Useful Post:
Lesdeak (02-18-2024)