Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2009, 08:55 AM   #1
Belmont Resident

Default Not one MP seen on the lake all day

We launched at Lakeport yesterday morning, drove through Sally’s Gut then stopped at Stonedam Island for a swim.
Drove down to Alton at pretty much WOT slowing down briefly on the back side of Sleepers.
We had lunch at the seafood place next to the docks.
Except for those at the West Alton sand bar we could not have seen more than 10 boats on the lake up to that point and the Alton docks were empty.
We left Alton and drove up to Rattlesnake Island to look at a new construction, then on to Sleeps to another site and a chat with the builder.
From Sleepers we drove between Long and Sandy Islands then under the Long Island bridge and over to Braun Bay. Again we saw almost no boats out on the lake and maybe 40 at best in the bay.
We left the bay for a stop at the Nazwa and some food which we should have skipped because it left me loading the boat on the trailer in the rain.
We did not see one MP boat from the time I launched till the time we pulled out the boat.
Are they cutting back on manpower? I do not recall if I’ve ever spent a summer day on the lake and not seen several boats, or at least one in the area of the major docks.
I’m not complaining as I just wanted to burn as much of the 65+ gallons of last years fuel off as possible.
The only thing that could have made yesterday better is a little wind to kick up some chop. I didn't mention you could have waterskied across the Broads which makes for a boring ride.