Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 12-06-2008, 03:56 PM   #1
ghfromaltonbay

Default Sad day at Sandy Point

For all who may have stayed at Sandy Point or enjoyed their restaurant over the years -- Annelle Ouellette, wife of the late owner Bric Ouellette, passed away on Dec. 3rd. Annelle was a Mississippi belle who adapted to life with the NH 'Yankees' after marrying Bric in 1960. She was a lovely, warmhearted lady and will be sorely missed by all of us who got to know her and most especially by her three children and 8 grandkids. RIP, dear friend.
ghfromaltonbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 05:16 PM   #2
Alton Bay

She was a fine lady and loved her family and friends. I was so sad to hear the news. You are right, she will certainly be missed by many of us.
Alton Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:56 PM   #3
Cal

Such a shame. I've stayed there many , many times in the 50s and 60s.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:15 AM   #4
mcdude

Thanked 1,044 Times in 490 Posts

From the Baysider - December 11
Quote:
Annelle Ouellette
Owned Sandy Point Beach Resort

ALTON

— Annelle Ouellette, 71, of Alton Bay, died Dec. 3 at home. Born June 30, 1937 and raised in Philadelphia, Miss., daughter of the late Jane (Major) and Junius Glyn Fox, in earlier years, she had worked as a school teacher. When she married Alberic H. Ouellette, they moved to Alton Bay, where together they owned and operated Sandy Point Beach Resort, for the past 50 years. Annelle was a member of the Alton Garden Club, a local quilting group, a bible study group, swam three days a week and was a former avid golfer. Widow of the late Bric Ouellette, who died in 2004, she is survived by her three children: Ric and wife Sue Ouellette of Alton Bay, Robert and wife Lori Ouellette of Rochester, Jill and husband Len Galvin of Concord, eight grandchildren: Nicole, Brianna and Megan, Bailey and Isabella, Brian, Samson and Mark, two sisters: Mrs. Billy Greenleaf and Mrs. Sara Foil of Mississippi, also several nieces, nephews, grand nieces and grand nephews. Calling hours were Tuesday evening at Peaslee Alton Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian Burial was celebrated on Wednesday, Dec. 10, at St. Katharine Drexel Church, with Fr. Robert Cole, pastor as celebrant. Interment is at New Riverside Cemetery in Alton. If desired, memorial donations may be made in her memory to: Alton Food Bank, PO Box 43, Alton, NH 03809. To express condolences,
Attached Images

mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote