Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-23-2006, 10:18 PM   #1
fatlazyless

Default Akwa Soliel scuttlebutt?

Anyone know how the Akwa Soliel developement is progressing? Are they selling lots of house lots? Are single family homes going up? What's happening?

I am certainly not an informed source on this, but it looks like the large earth movers have been parked unused, close to Route 3, for the past month and nothing new is being built in the unfinished road that can be seen from Rt 3.

So, an an uninformed person, hows the biz at the Akwa?

As projected, the Akwa project will be a huge housing developement close to The Weirs and a huge property tax payer for Laconia with very few new students for the Laconia schools, if everything goes according to the Akwa plan.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:18 PM   #2
jrc

I have no inside info but, two weeks ago we went up to look at the view. We noticed that not a lot has happenned since the spring. According to their billboard map about 10% of the lots are sold. Obviously, I don't know how well they keep those little dots up to date. There are at least five houses completed and a couple looked occupied. The view lots seem to be selling well.

All the lots seem small, steep and rocky. I guess it will cost a lot of money to build up there. I bet every foundation and driveway needs some blasting. Given the recent softening of the real estate market, I wouldn't panic if you didn't get your deposit in yet.

BTW for a 4wd ride try exiting by the Scenic road entrance. The dirt road from the top is steep and rocky, plus they have foot high rock swales crossing the road every 100 yards for erosion. I'll never do that again.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:34 PM   #3
Weirs guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc
BTW for a 4wd ride try exiting by the Scenic road entrance. The dirt road from the top is steep and rocky, plus they have foot high rock swales crossing the road every 100 yards for erosion. I'll never do that again.
Looks like I know what I'm doing tomorrow! Still haven't tested 4lo in Weirs Girls Jeep.

Now?
Weirs guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 06:15 AM   #4
Paugus Bay Resident

In MLS, it looks like only 6 lots have been sold.
Paugus Bay Resident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 11:47 AM   #5
Irrigation Guy

Default Looking a bit grim

Haven't heard any good news.
Irrigation Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2006, 03:18 PM   #6
mcdude

Thanked 1,044 Times in 490 Posts

....I think I'd be looking to see some progress on the beach and marina before I considered buying a lot.
mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 06:44 PM   #7
Onshore

The waterfront phase of the project received Wetlands approval on Friday, August 25th. The permit will be released once the project receives approval from the Governor and Executive Council. The Governor and Executive Council review is nothing unusual. It is required for any project involving a docking facility that provides more than 5 slips. Depending on their schedule it usually takes 4 - 6 weeks.
Onshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:24 PM   #8
Just Sold

Question Akwa By Which Name?

Akwa Vista to get new name and a reduction in the number of lots. It is going before the planning board for the changes.

http://www.citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll...207/-1/CITIZEN
Old 04-07-2007, 06:12 AM   #9
fatlazyless

Default Meredith Bay?

Oh yeah, Akwa Soliel is thinking about partnering up with a Cape Cod golf course community developer and renamimg Akwa Soliel to Meredith Bay. How about calling it Laconia Bay since it is located in Laconia? Laconia has some good stuff going on.....big new academic building at the NH Community Technical College, and the big new wing at the Gale Library. Laconia's Gale is the only library around with an internet-linked photocopier and it subscribes to both very expensive periodical editions of the Value Line Investment Survey which are free to the public.

LACONIA BAY......that has a nice ring to it! Sounds good to me.

Hey, if Akwa wants a truly memorable name.....how about 'BAYWATCH above the WEIRS'.....and hire Pammy Anderson for a spokesperson.........no, probably not doable....
but LACONIA BAY is doable, and everyone in Laconia would probably like the name. What would people say if Akwa Soliel trys to call itself Meredith Bay?

'LACONIA BAYWATCH'......how's that work? And maybe get some 10 year old, full size, cardboard silhouettes of Pammy to promote the name at the two entrances.......what a super idea! Or else, that other Baywatch Babe, what's her name, Traci Bingham.....that would be a good fit for the Weirs.......'LACONIA BAYWATCH'.....I should get paid for this idea!

How about 'BAYWATCH - LACONIA' ? Everyone who likes it, raise your hand! I'm seeing lots of hands....ha-ha-ha...

Last edited by fatlazyless; 04-07-2007 at 01:49 PM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:49 PM   #10
Lin

I thought the name Meridith Bay is a bit too much for the development, kind of takes it out of Laconia. Think they'd be better to stay with the Akwa name rather than go with a Meridith name. Just weird to me that they would even consider a name outside of Laconia.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:09 AM   #11
Weirs guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin
I thought the name Meridith Bay is a bit too much for the development, kind of takes it out of Laconia. Think they'd be better to stay with the Akwa name rather than go with a Meridith name. Just weird to me that they would even consider a name outside of Laconia.
If you had the privilege of dealing with the City of Laconia on a regular basis you'd want no part of the name either. I'd vote for Weirs Bay myself.

Now?
Weirs guy is offline   Reply With Quote