Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-23-2024, 07:35 AM   #1
rick35

Default New brew pub at Mames

We were having dinner at George's the other night and there's work happening at the old Mames building. There's landscaping and new grass at the curb and work going on inside as well. Our server told us it was going to be a brew pub. That's great news as that building is a beautiful property and was in bad shape even when it was open. It's going to take a lot of work to bring it back to life. Cudos to the new owners for taking on that challenge.
rick35 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rick35 For This Useful Post:
Biggd (05-23-2024)
Old 05-23-2024, 07:56 AM   #2
bushwack1

Several months ago I heard whispering that Kettlehead Brewing was going to open there. As a Home Brewer I have been waiting to hear that news.
bushwack1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 12:59 PM   #3
trashman

Default Brew pub

Kettlehead would be perfect!!! I'd live there.
trashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 09:13 PM   #4
bushwack1

Here is a little more about some of the New Blooms I have heard of in Meredith:::::::There is also another brewery going in down by the train station as well, I do not have much for details but….yes kettle head is going in at Mames, just restaurant and bar no brewing on site….and also the new Japanese steak house. The sushi market guy from Laconia opening a place on Main Street, the Breeze seafood restaurant going in and a high end steak house going into the old Fugees space, town is going to be hopping.
bushwack1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bushwack1 For This Useful Post:
Biggd (05-24-2024)
Old 05-24-2024, 08:47 AM   #5
Biggd

Thanked 1,075 Times in 680 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushwack1 View Post
Here is a little more about some of the New Blooms I have heard of in Meredith:::::::There is also another brewery going in down by the train station as well, I do not have much for details but….yes kettle head is going in at Mames, just restaurant and bar no brewing on site….and also the new Japanese steak house. The sushi market guy from Laconia opening a place on Main Street, the Breeze seafood restaurant going in and a high end steak house going into the old Fugees space, town is going to be hopping.
I was by there the past few days, as my house is just up the street from there. I see workers going full steam at the old Mames, Lakeview Tavern, and the Lakeview Deli. I don't see anything going on at the old Fugees space?
I visit many of the local restaurants weekly and I do agree that finding good/any help is difficult. Even some of the well-established places where employees have been there for years, they are being poached by new establishments.

Last edited by Biggd; 05-24-2024 at 10:16 AM.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links