Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 02-22-2010, 03:32 PM   #1
NoBozo

Default Vehicle Removal

There's been some good pictures of trucks, etc being fished out after a dunking. I'd be curious to see what kind of rig is used to do the towing.. Up and On to the ice. They must have to "anchor" some kind of winch to the ice... away from the hole, back on solid ice.

I can't imagine they would want to drive another truck ..perhaps with a bumper winch, too close to the hole.... They would still have to Anchor the towing vehicle to the ice somehow to keep it from towing itself over to the victim....and becoming another victim. Does anyone have any pictures of the towing rig commonly used?

The bright side here is that the Vehicle Recovery Business seems to be one of the few business that is booming in this economy.

I wonder what the "Tally" is so far and how it compares to previous years. NB
NoBozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:47 PM   #2
ishoot308

Thanked 4,969 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBozo View Post
There's been some good pictures of trucks, etc being fished out after a dunking. I'd be curious to see what kind of rig is used to do the towing.. Up and On to the ice. They must have to "anchor" some kind of winch to the ice... away from the hole, back on solid ice.

I can't imagine they would want to drive another truck ..perhaps with a bumper winch, too close to the hole.... They would still have to Anchor the towing vehicle to the ice somehow to keep it from towing itself over to the victim....and becoming another victim. Does anyone have any pictures of the towing rig commonly used?

The bright side here is that the Vehicle Recovery Business seems to be one of the few business that is booming in this economy.

I wonder what the "Tally" is so far and how it compares to previous years. NB
They used come-alongs anchored into the ice to retrieve my Ranger after they got it floating to the surface with airbags.

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:20 AM   #3
dpg

They cannot drive another rescue vehicle close to the hole at all. The second vehicle would easily go through also.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote