Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-23-2006, 07:01 PM   #1
scott s

Thumbs up Meredith Gem

Just a reminder to EVERYONE about what could be the best little gem in Meredith. We travel from Alton at least once a week to visit Karen and Barry's. It's an easy walk from the town docks in the summer, and easier to get a table than Lago or Lakehouse. (both fav's of mine as well.)

The prices are low, and the food is always great. It is amazing what Barry can do to a chicken,(I mean that in the best way.) and the red clam sauce is better than some I have had in the north end!

Remember to take home some homemade chocolate cake too.

No, i'm not related to, or paid by Karen or Barry. They are just real nice people with a great little restaurant.

Scott
scott s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:26 PM   #2
phoenix

are they in the center of the town and do they have seafood also( not fried)
Old 01-23-2006, 08:32 PM   #3
Silver Duck

Default Now you went and did it!

You reminded me (not that I needed any reminder). Now I'm just going to have to take a trip up there to get some of Barry's lasagna! Actually, it's well worth the 200 mile round trip!

Silver Duck
Silver Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:40 PM   #4
G & G

Greetings to everyone! This is my first time replying on the forum, although I always check the forum every day with great interest. I especially enjoy the restaurant ones. But I had to reply about Karen and Barry's. We absolutely love the food and the prices are very reasonable. I love to cook and I am very picky about the way food is prepared. I usually get the same dish because it is not something I make myself and it is always outstanding. My husband is more adventurous and tries various dishes and we have never been disappointed. We have also ordered some trays for birthday parties and everyone has always raved about the food as well. Finally, I want to add that we are not related to Karen and Barry, we are not in the food busines, we have no connection in any way.
G & G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 06:58 PM   #5
jerseyonbear

Were in Meredith are Karen and Barry located? Don't remember seeing them. Have tried several others in town but this sounds like it is worth a try.
jerseyonbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2006, 08:14 AM   #6
Phantom

Jersey -- top of the hill directly behind Mills Falls complex. Easiest way is up the street between Mills Falls & Campground and it is directly in front of you. It's a "storefront" location similar to Abundante's.
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 08:47 PM   #7
LadyJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
Jersey -- top of the hill directly behind Mills Falls complex. Easiest way is up the street between Mills Falls & Campground and it is directly in front of you. It's a "storefront" location similar to Abundante's.
oooh, I shall have to try that out next time I'm in town. I have been to Abundante, and liked it very much. When I was in up in December, I went to the restaurant at Church Landing and Mame's. Woodshed is also a common destination for me, as well as Homestead in Bristol.
LadyJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:42 AM   #8
Hermit Cover

Smile Can't Argue...

Karen and Barry's Italian Bistro is our destination Saturday nite. The food is always good and the service is prompt. We get to the lake infrequently but are moving there permanently when our new home is finished later this year. We plan to become more frequent "regulars".
Hermit Cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 07:45 PM   #9
Waterbaby

Default so nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's so nice to read a positive thread on Karen & Barry's! I've been there several times (tho never made it there last summer ...) I've always loved the food, never had a bad meal there, and glad there are others here who feel the same rather than some of the detractors from the past! (We can't be alone, after all, if we were then K&B wouldn't be in business any more!) (And I'm not related to them, either, just a fan!)
Waterbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 10:51 AM   #10
BLUESDUDE

We actually went there a few years ago only because we did not want to wait 2 hours at a restaurant in Mills Falls Building (an Italian place whose name I cannot remember). We thought K&B's was very good and reasonable. It turns out that the Karen of K&B's was from the same hometown where my brother and I grew up.
Small world (but I wouldn't want to paint it!!!)
BLUESDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote