Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating > Boat Repairs & Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2019, 06:13 AM   #1
mrtoad

Default Reputable Marine Repair Service in Lakes Region?

I have a pontoon with a damaged tube that needs to be repaired. Is there a reputable marine repair business in the Meredith/Holderness area? Thank you.
mrtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 10:12 AM   #2
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts
Default Welding? East Coast Welding

Welcome to the Forum.
It's not clear what sort of damage needs repair, but I think the long established marinas have good reputations. You can use the search function here if you have one you're looking at. Many of them will sub out specialty work usually with some sort of mark-up.
You might try East Coast Welding in Gilford. I've had custom fabrication from them that was well done and reasonably priced. I took my boat to them, but they travel all over NE. (603) 293-8384
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 10:25 AM   #3
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts

You could also try Hewitt Welding on Union Avenue in Laconia.

(603) 528-3213

He teaches welding at Lakes Region Community College. I have had him do work on pontoon boats and welding on aluminum trailers. The work was good and the price was fair.

Make sure whoever you use has experience and good references. I made the mistake of using someone to weld a rub rail on the outside of two pontoons and they burned holes in the pontoons.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 02:26 PM   #4
Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
Welcome to the Forum.
It's not clear what sort of damage needs repair, but I think the long established marinas have good reputations. You can use the search function here if you have one you're looking at. Many of them will sub out specialty work usually with some sort of mark-up.
You might try East Coast Welding in Gilford. I've had custom fabrication from them that was well done and reasonably priced. I took my boat to them, but they travel all over NE. (603) 293-8384
Seems pretty clear....

Quote:
I have a pontoon with a damaged tube that needs to be repaired
Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote