Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Covid-19 Discussions & Information
Home Forums Gallery Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2021, 08:19 AM   #1
SailinAway

Default How has your life improved due to the pandemic?

Post deleted

Last edited by SailinAway; 09-27-2021 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Loss of hope for positive exchanges with my neighbors
Old 09-25-2021, 09:05 AM   #2
Winilyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
I'm determined to post a question that has ZERO political implications and won't lead to mind-boggling bickering.
Good luck with that.
Old 09-25-2021, 09:07 AM   #3
John Mercier

I reassessed how I use my talents.
Old 09-25-2021, 05:54 PM   #4
BillJohn

Default Nooooo!

Has my life improved? Well, I have spent more time with my grandchild and daughter because of Covid. Have I enjoyed an active social life? No. Do I go out to events (concerts etc.) NO!
Do I go out to dinner as often. NO!

Life is trade and balance. I will take pre Covid any day of the week.

Your question still falls along the lines about Covid. So folks see Covid as a threat while others see it as a hoax, cold or flu
Old 09-26-2021, 06:47 AM   #5
gravy boat

Default 30 COVID facts - some easy reading for you

https://off-guardian.org/2021/09/22/...vid-cribsheet/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gravy boat For This Useful Post:
DEJ (09-26-2021), Seaplane Pilot (09-26-2021)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2021, 07:31 AM   #6
Seaplane Pilot

Default Oh boy, you’ve done it now….

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravy boat View Post
You do realize that the “debunking police” are mobilizing, and are headed your way at this very moment! Otherwise referred to as the “D” squad, they’ll be fully equipped to defame, disparage, denigrate, deny, discount, discredit and demolish any source that does not follow their liberal talking points and mantra. Fear not, however, because there are plenty of people that will “defend” you and the truth.
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Seaplane Pilot For This Useful Post:
DEJ (09-26-2021), gravy boat (09-26-2021), watermaker (09-26-2021), XCR-700 (10-07-2021)
Old 09-26-2021, 07:39 AM   #7
Garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
I'm determined to post a question that has ZERO political implications and won't lead to mind-boggling bickering.

How has your life improved due to the pandemic?

My answer: (1) I have closer relationships with people. People in my professional circle have tended to speak more openly and genuinely about things like their life goals, challenges, and what is really important to them. Cordial relationships have turned into friendships. (2) I got more serious about my own goals (health, fitness, work, leisure), realizing that the number of my remaining years is unpredictable so I need to live more fully now, while I still can.
Four posts...
Old 09-26-2021, 07:40 AM   #8
WinnisquamZ

It’s still a bit early in the morning for that group

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to WinnisquamZ For This Useful Post:
gravy boat (09-26-2021)
Old 09-26-2021, 07:54 AM   #9
Not to Worry

Default Political

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
You do realize that the “debunking police” are mobilizing, and are headed your way at this very moment! Otherwise referred to as the “D” squad, they’ll be fully equipped to defame, disparage, denigrate, deny, discount, discredit and demolish any source that does not follow their liberal talking points and mantra. Fear not, however, because there are plenty of people that will “defend” you and the truth.
Hmmmm I was in essence banned from WF because my posts were accused of being political. Guess my post were just on the wrong side of the political debate.
The Following User Says Thank You to Not to Worry For This Useful Post:
gillygirl (09-27-2021)
Old 09-26-2021, 08:13 AM   #10
winniwannabe

If nothing else, COVID interrupted most of our lifestyles. I was to attend 3 weddings in 2020 and that didn't happen. I made alot of calls to family and friends, watched the wildlife behind my house that I wouldn't normally see (
foxes, deer, raccoons, turkeys, hawks). Life is precious so I'm enjoying and making the most of it. My 1st grandchild is due in November, so looking forward to that. Thank you for the post; although I don't hold out much hope for it
not getting messy soon enough. Happy Fall!
Old 09-26-2021, 09:42 AM   #11
gravy boat

Quote:
Let them come - I am vaccinated. 😉
Old 09-26-2021, 09:43 AM   #12
Newbiesaukee

I really could have done without the pandemic. Any “good” things would be rationalization on my part.

And even the direction of a forum with a clearly stated purpose has devolved onto a nasty place of contention that I could do without.

If there is a “good” part perhaps recognizing our societal fractures might be seen as good by those who truly believe it is fixable.

But, The pandemic has shown me the opposite.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Old 09-26-2021, 09:57 AM   #13
John Mercier

Our societal fractures were always our societal fractures.

I see that in my own family.
Old 09-26-2021, 11:32 AM   #14
FlyingScot

Quote:
Amazingly hypocritical to put up a piece that is 50% attacking Democrats and 50% complaining about Democrats attacking you.

Plus, I'm pretty sure all the Democratic criticisms of you have focused on your arguments not your person, and have been based on you posting things that are clearly at odds with virtually all of the objective information available.
Old 09-26-2021, 07:33 PM   #15
TKD

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
Amazingly hypocritical to put up a piece that is 50% attacking Democrats and 50% complaining about Democrats attacking you.

Plus, I'm pretty sure all the Democratic criticisms of you have focused on your arguments not your person, and have been based on you posting things that are clearly at odds with virtually all of the objective information available.
“Objective information available”? That’s funny - guess it’s what and which side one believes. Maybe both sides don’t totally tell the all truth to fit their own narrative.
Ever hear the saying believe none of what you read and only half of what you see? Some Sunday night food for thought. Night all.
Old 09-26-2021, 08:22 PM   #16
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKD View Post
“Objective information available”? That’s funny - guess it’s what and which side one believes. Maybe both sides don’t totally tell the all truth to fit their own narrative.
Ever hear the saying believe none of what you read and only half of what you see? Some Sunday night food for thought. Night all.
You answer your own question. Cf course there is opinion and bias on both sides--that's human. But there is also objective information free of opinion, or at least free enough of opinion that it's silly to dispute. When a group of people on one side repeatedly refuses to recognize an overwhelming body of objective information, that's a problem
Old 09-27-2021, 07:05 AM   #17
DEJ

If you believe the left leaning media publishes an overwhelming body of objective information, that's a problem.
Old 09-27-2021, 07:46 AM   #18
BillJohn

Default Media?

This is what I do not understand. There is scientific objective information about Covid, masks etc,

It is 100% true that FOX will spin it one way and MSNBC another way but there are reliable sources of information out there that can be read, or listened to to get the correct facts.

Why has Covid become politicized? All of us on this forum have been vaccinated for one thing or another. There was no outrage when we were vaccinated. Ok, maybe a few fringe groups but not on today's level of dissent. Indeed our parents were happy we could be vaccinated and not suffer from virus's that we could be protected from.

So, my question is what has changed? I mean we can all agree that there are some facts the regardless of who reports it are true. Right? Why are the facts (what we know today versus 6 months or what will know 6 months from now, in such dispute?

Can someone give a well reasoned explanation? I sure cannot figure it out.
The Following User Says Thank You to BillJohn For This Useful Post:
Newbiesaukee (09-27-2021)
Old 09-27-2021, 08:11 AM   #19
winniwannabe

The original post was about how COVID has changed your life. As far as I can tell, some of the posters on here haven't changed at all, or maybe for the
worse.Did your life consist of being left or right of politics? Did you even
care what was going on in Washington? Could you name 5 members of Congress? It was predicted by an earlier poster that this nonsense would happen. Stay on topic or start your own site.
Old 09-27-2021, 09:35 AM   #20
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEJ View Post
If you believe the left leaning media publishes an overwhelming body of objective information, that's a problem.
When I say overwhelming body of objective information, I am not opining on media in general, I am simply saying all of us have overwhelming objective information that:

Over 600,000 Americans are dead from covid
Vaccines are very effective and safe
Fewer vaccinated people will result in more deaths
Some people are discouraging others from getting vaccines

I'm pretty sure you'd agree with the above, but let me know if I've erred.
Old 09-27-2021, 09:43 AM   #21
DEJ

Quote:
When I say overwhelming body of objective information, I am not opining on media in general,
You have erred, I was opining on media in general.
Old 09-27-2021, 11:23 AM   #22
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEJ View Post
You have erred, I was opining on media in general.
Thanks for the correction. Do you agree with my points that there is overwhelming evidence that 600K have died, vaccines save lives, and that some people are discouraging vaccines?
Old 09-27-2021, 11:31 AM   #23
mswlogo

Quote:
So you post this (joke or not, I have no idea really) in your not politicized thread?
Old 09-27-2021, 11:54 AM   #24
Seaplane Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
So you post this (joke or not, I have no idea really) in your not politicized thread?
It wasn't MY "not-politicized thread", so I have no idea what you're talking about. Of course it was a joke, but in some respects it reflects reality.
Old 09-27-2021, 12:15 PM   #25
DEJ

Quote:
Thanks for the correction. Do you agree with my points that there is overwhelming evidence that 600K have died, vaccines save lives, and that some people are discouraging vaccines?
With all due respect it is none of your business what I agree or disagree with.
Closed Thread