Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-02-2016, 07:49 AM   #1
The Eagle

Default Buyer Beware Moultonboro tree service company

If you are looking to have tree work done, avoid dealing with "Greenleaf Tree Service!". I hired them to cut 13 trees on my property. Bryan (the owner) decided they were big enough to "Log Out." He dropped them whole, then began dragging the logs across my lawn, tearing my lawn to bits, and damaging my leach field. When he started to do it, he called me out and said, "Don't worry, I will bring in loam and seed and you'll never low I was here!". Then he had his logging truck go onto my neighbors property, to "Log out" a big tree, and punched a hole in his new hardtop driveway. He left a mess, in my yard (partially cut trees, brush, large hunks of trees) and promised to return the next day, to "Clean it up.". Never came until I had to call him three days later, and Yes, like a fool, I paid him in full when I thought he was done. (we weren't home to inspect, and trusted him). I asked him about when he was going to fix my lawn, and he said, "Read my contract (which I never signed) and it says, "Not responsible for damage to lawns and driveways!" I reminded him he promised to repair the damage! I've tried to call him, and he had my phone number blocked, won't answer emails, and now I heard I'm not the first one he lied too. Not a reliable company to do business with! Now I have to go through the legal process to get my lawn repaired.
"The Eagle"
The Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Eagle For This Useful Post:
beantownbaby (09-02-2016), Hillcountry (09-21-2016), persamp (09-06-2016), Resident 2B (09-02-2016), ursa minor (09-03-2016)
Old 09-02-2016, 08:24 AM   #2
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts
Thumbs up Chippers

I have had excellent success with Chippers for future reference or if you need to clear what has been left behind. Ask for Tim Bergquist. Very reliable and reasonably priced.
joey2665 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 09:43 AM   #3
Doobs41378

Make sure you leave reviews on Google, Yelp etc. Its good for people to know the kind of trash they may be dealing with.
Doobs41378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 12:25 PM   #4
Woody38

I have used HomeAdvisor for several projects. Received call almost immediately, prices were reasonable and the work performed was excellent.
These people pay for the advertising and want referrals and good reviews.
Went this route after I was told by some locals that artisans just didn't want to work. Also found that when contacting others in the area that they quoted $$$
prices.
This may or may not work for you depending on the project.

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic.
Woody38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 01:20 PM   #5
Winnisquamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eagle View Post
"Not responsible for damage to lawns and driveways!" I reminded him he promised to repair the damage! I've tried to call him, and he had my phone number blocked, "
imho If its not in writing its not going to get done. I would have had him put it in writing that he would fix the lawn etc
Winnisquamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2016, 04:12 PM   #6
Rusty

Quote:
I reminded him he promised to repair the damage! I've tried to call him, and he had my phone number blocked, won't answer emails, and now I heard I'm not the first one he lied too. Not a reliable company to do business with! Now I have to go through the legal process to get my lawn repaired.
"The Eagle"
If this happened to me I wouldn't bother with phone calls or emails, I'd be pounding on his front door of his business or home and straighten this out face to face.
Old 09-02-2016, 04:58 PM   #7
BobbyA

Quote:
If you are looking to have tree work done, avoid dealing with "Greenleaf Tree Service!". I hired them to cut 13 trees on my property. Bryan (the owner) decided they were big enough to "Log Out." He dropped them whole, then began dragging the logs across my lawn, tearing my lawn to bits, and damaging my leach field. When he started to do it, he called me out and said, "Don't worry, I will bring in loam and seed and you'll never low I was here!". Then he had his logging truck go onto my neighbors property, to "Log out" a big tree, and punched a hole in his new hardtop driveway. He left a mess, in my yard (partially cut trees, brush, large hunks of trees) and promised to return the next day, to "Clean it up.". Never came until I had to call him three days later, and Yes, like a fool, I paid him in full when I thought he was done. (we weren't home to inspect, and trusted him). I asked him about when he was going to fix my lawn, and he said, "Read my contract (which I never signed) and it says, "Not responsible for damage to lawns and driveways!" I reminded him he promised to repair the damage! I've tried to call him, and he had my phone number blocked, won't answer emails, and now I heard I'm not the first one he lied too. Not a reliable company to do business with! Now I have to go through the legal process to get my lawn repaired.
"The Eagle"
Eagle,
Sure as heck would not hurt to post pictures on this site of the mess he left!!!!
BobbyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 05:31 PM   #8
8gv

While the contract may exclude correcting the damage and the home owner would have been better off if it did include it...

A man's word is his word.

The home owner was told it would be repaired. Then he was told it would not.

You don't get far in business operating in that fashion.

I would bring it to small claims court. There may be no recovery of funds but it makes sense to annoy the contractor who undoubtedly has caused a major amount of annoyance.
8gv is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 8gv For This Useful Post:
Hillcountry (09-21-2016), secondcurve (09-03-2016)
Old 09-03-2016, 07:43 PM   #9
ursa minor

Eagle, sorry you're dealing with this. You've probably already thought of this but if not, contacting the NH attorney general might be a good idea. I hate shysters posing as legitimate contractors. Thanks for letting the rest of us know of this unfortunate experience.
Old 09-20-2016, 02:06 PM   #10
carrollcountyhomewatch

I would highly recommend P.C. Hoag out of Sandwich NH.

Crew and company staffed by certified arborists, Pete Hoag is a true professional.
carrollcountyhomewatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 08:07 AM   #11
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

Also, join and write a review on Angies list. I use them here and in Fla and find it to be a reliable source.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 06:21 AM   #12
dpg

Never mind the lawn how did he "damage" your leaching field? That's not good...I'd say your biggest mistake was the payment in full before you saw the work/repairs completed. Now good luck getting him back short of winning in court.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 07:10 AM   #13
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Lyman Construction

Been doing tree removal for us for decades. If I had a problem, Jack fix it right away!
Old 09-26-2016, 08:54 AM   #14
Doobs41378

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Been doing tree removal for us for decades. If I had a problem, Jack fix it right away!
They put in our granite curbing at our house and they were really nice guys.
Doobs41378 is offline   Reply With Quote