Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > General Issues
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2010, 06:42 AM   #1
Skip

Post Blizzard trial delayed again

At the request of the State, due to the unavailability of the State's witness, the Blizzard trial regarding her negligent driving case has been continued until November.

Story can be read HERE at the Citizen on line.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:27 AM   #2
XCR-700

Thumbs down What am I missing here,,,

I normally don’t have much to say when people post about things I am not interested in and this would certainly be one of those subjects, but I cant help but feel that something is very different about this situation as in the 2 years I have been active on this site I don’t think I have seen any where near as much space devoted to any other single individual.

Now from what I can see Ms. Blizzard has some serious problems and is ripe for a lot of media exposure, but this seems ridiculous.

Is there some obsession with her personally (aside from her legal issues) ???

Or is there some agenda at work here because of here public involvement in boating and her families business???

Seems to me that the attention paid to her is grossly and objectionably overblown compared to the many other individuals one might fixate on should you have such a predilection to do so.

Sorry this fixation just strikes me as a bit creepy given that I seen no other similar postings on this site,,,
Old 09-26-2010, 09:05 AM   #3
Little Bear

A perfect example: Alton State Rep Laurie Boyce was involved in a fatal accident on August 13. She was driving a car that killed a motorcyclist. She was also involved in a fatal accident 25 years ago that resulted in the death of her father, according to this article:

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll...GreatBayRegion

However, there has been very little discussion on this matter by the same people that are so outspoken about Ms. Blizzard. I have no dog in this fight, just wondering why the double standards between these two cases? I don't get it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Bear For This Useful Post:
XCR-700 (09-26-2010)
Old 09-26-2010, 10:07 PM   #4
Sue Doe-Nym

Could it have been that the Representative was not driving on the Lake ?

Seriously, the last time people posted about a non Lake issue, see woman missing in Waterville Valley, there was a huge outcry.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sue Doe-Nym For This Useful Post:
Skip (09-27-2010)
Old 09-27-2010, 05:40 AM   #5
Skip

Cool Hypocrisy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
Could it have been that the Representative was not driving on the Lake ?

Seriously, the last time people posted about a non Lake issue, see woman missing in Waterville Valley, there was a huge outcry.
Thank you Sue Do-Nym.

It is obvious that the collision invovling the Legislator that occured far away in the State of Maine has nothing to do with the intent of this website.

However both non-lake issues (the Maine accident and the Waterville issue) did have one thing in common, they were posted by site Gadfly FLL.

Anyway I find it very interesting that at the request of a handful of members Don opened a section of this website to discuss controversial issues while not contaminating the rest of the website.

And when a controversial issue is discussed some of those same complainers are now complaining!

A textbook example of hypocrisy.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2010, 07:23 AM   #6
Little Bear

My opinion differs from that of others. Laurie Boyce is a state rep from Alton, NH, which is one of the towns that has lakefront on Winnipesaukee. It seems quite relevant to me as it relates to the discussion at hand.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:03 AM   #7
fatlazyless

Has there been any new news about State Rep Laurie Boyce (R) Alton and the fatal 2006 Harley Davidson (dead 45-year old husband-driver & severly injured 41-year old wife) verses 2010 Chevy Equinox (driven by Boyce) left turn collision at the intersection of Saco Rd & Rt 111 in Alfred, Maine, since the fatal collision happened on August 16, 2010? Both Harley riders were wearing helmets according to the Lewiston Sun Journal news report.

Probably, a big and important question for the law enforcement in Maine is: Was it an accident or was it a crime(?) while they decide how to proceed with the case.

This same question: Was it an accident or was it a crime(?) was also the key legal point in the Erica Blizzard trial in Belknap County Court in Laconia in June 2010, and the jury voted 8-4, and 7-5 on two slightly different criminal charges. Supposedly, a jury conviction needs a vote of 12 - 0, to get a conviction, otherwise it is considered to be a 'hung jury' with no decision made, either way.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:22 AM   #8
jmen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Thank you Sue Do-Nym.

It is obvious that the collision invovling the Legislator that occured far away in the State of Maine has nothing to do with the intent of this website.

However both non-lake issues (the Maine accident and the Waterville issue) did have one thing in common, they were posted by site Gadfly FLL.

Anyway I find it very interesting that at the request of a handful of members Don opened a section of this website to discuss controversial issues while not contaminating the rest of the website.

And when a controversial issue is discussed some of those same complainers are now complaining!

A textbook example of hypocrisy.
Your mirror must have black paint on it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmen24 For This Useful Post:
DEJ (09-28-2010), Little Bear (09-28-2010)
Old 10-16-2010, 07:38 AM   #9
fatlazyless

Say, State Rep Laurie Boyce of Alton just decided to withdraw about 20 days before the election. www.laconiadailysun.com front page, Oct 16 ...... Now that she is no longer a state rep and has become a private person I should probably stop making any more comments about her, or the fatal collision in Maine, or anything, and just let it go?

Last edited by fatlazyless; 10-16-2010 at 10:51 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to fatlazyless For This Useful Post:
Little Bear (10-16-2010)