Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-08-2007, 11:00 AM   #1
Mboro_Bill

Default Need some trees removed

I would like to get some trees removed from a lot in Suissevale. There are two large pines 60+ feet that are about 15' from the side of the house and 4 oak trees in front that are starting to lean towards the wires and the front of the house. We recently received a card in the mail at our MA residence from Triple A Tree Care in Moultonborough. We called and left a message but have received no call back yet (it's only been one day so far). Has anyone used this guy before or can you provide another name and number? They would probably need at least a bucket if not a crane.

Thanks,
Bill V
Mboro_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:41 PM   #2
Lakegeezer

Default Chippers

If you don't get a response, try Chippers, out of Meredith. They have removed several 100' tall trees for us and one that crashed into the house. Great service, good prices, and the clean-up job was amazing both times we used them.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:27 PM   #3
Mboro_Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakegeezer
If you don't get a response, try Chippers, out of Meredith. They have removed several 100' tall trees for us and one that crashed into the house. Great service, good prices, and the clean-up job was amazing both times we used them.

Thanks for the reply lg. I'll give them a try if I don't hear from Triple A soon.

Bill V
Old 07-09-2007, 05:40 AM   #4
ApS

Exclamation A Cautionary Note...

I have a similar situation with my trees (close to house), with utility wires to neighbors' homes that run across my lot.

A neighbor removed a number of large trees, only to have several other large trees fall due to strong winds in July, 2005.

I'd look at your surrounding tree situation. Leafy trees to your West can block summer's heat, but allow the sun in after the leaves have fallen. A clump of evergreens can cut down the heating bill from the effects of Winter's northerlies.

"Opening up the canopy" can have unintended consequences.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:08 AM   #5
AC2717

Thumbs up Tree removal

Hi Look up previous posts this year about tree removal there are good references.
THere is an excellent tree remover in the area that will give you a fair price and honest hard quick work. A couple of us have used him on this forum. His name is Courtney Kelly, or Court for short. His email is:

irishnhff@yahoo.com

He is professional, curtious, and very plesant and fair. He hails frmo the Laconia area and will travel all over NH for work.

I do not give out his number because I have never asked him permission to do so. Email him and he will get back to you asap, if he is not out on a current job.
AC2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2007, 07:13 AM   #6
Irrigation Guy

Default Lee's Mills Landscape and Excavation

Try Dave from Lees Mills Landscape and Excavation. 253-9316. He also specializes in tree work and septic installations. He is located in Moultonboro. I had him do some work at my place, and it was done very reasonably and on a timely basis.

I will be calling again for some additional work in the fall.
Irrigation Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:44 AM   #7
Senter Cove Guy

Default You Should Call Lovering Tree Care in Tuftonboro

Call Shayne Lovering: 603-569-0569
He does great work.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:23 PM   #8
ACutAbove

Try A.F. Roy tree service 603-286-7506 I use him for all my tree work. If it is something I can not handle myself. I have used him for some really tough drops and he is very knowledgable with all aspects of tree work.
Tell him Ken from Acut Above told you to call.....
ACutAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 03:29 PM   #9
Mboro_Bill

Default Thanks for all the references

I have not checked this thread for a while and see that there are lots of tree cutters I can try. Triple A finally got back to me and gave me quite a surprise. Just to take down the two pines was $3100 and $4900 for all of the trees. Needless to say I'm going to be calling a few leads you all have supplied for additional estimates. Thanks to all for the references.

Bill V
Old 07-23-2007, 07:37 AM   #10
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

MboroBill....I'm surprised at the price he quoted you for those trees.I also called him in response to his mailer and he took down 7 dead hemlocks for me.They averaged 50' but one was much larger.He took them right to the ground,removed them several had to be climbed.limbed and topped (even layed limbs accross the driveway so that the tree wouldn't damage the asphalt) cleaned up so that you'd never know the trees were even there.
The price............................................. .........$1,000
Must be that larger trees require a crane......or maybe he was just getting started and came in way too cheap.I had no idea because I got no other quotes....but I was happy.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 05:02 PM   #11
Mboro_Bill

Default I was suprised too...

Hi Samiam,
Wow, you definitely got a great price. If I had been quoted a better price I would have gone with him too. He stopped by the house when we were not here and then called my wife back to give her the estimate. I'm not sure I can repeat what she told him ;-). He did say he would definitely need a crane but I expected that since they are so close to the house and he probably can't drop them. I sent Court an email and he said he would be out to take a look. We'll see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM
MboroBill....I'm surprised at the price he quoted you for those trees.I also called him in response to his mailer and he took down 7 dead hemlocks for me.They averaged 50' but one was much larger.He took them right to the ground,removed them several had to be climbed.limbed and topped (even layed limbs accross the driveway so that the tree wouldn't damage the asphalt) cleaned up so that you'd never know the trees were even there.
The price............................................. .........$1,000
Must be that larger trees require a crane......or maybe he was just getting started and came in way too cheap.I had no idea because I got no other quotes....but I was happy.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:57 AM   #12
secondcurve

MboroBill:

Check around. I had a similar job (6 good sized trees in Tuftonboro near power lines) and got two quotes at around $3,500.00 and then a third at $1,350.00. The third was from a national firm so they wre no fly by night company. Three guys did the work in about 5 hours. If you do the math, they clearly made money at $1,350.00......I think it all comes down to who has a crew that is sitting around and who is busy.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:54 AM   #13
Mboro_Bill

Default Thanks

Secondcurve

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve
MboroBill:

Check around. I had a similar job (6 good sized trees in Tuftonboro near power lines) and got two quotes at around $3,500.00 and then a third at $1,350.00. The third was from a national firm so they wre no fly by night company. Three guys did the work in about 5 hours. If you do the math, they clearly made money at $1,350.00......I think it all comes down to who has a crew that is sitting around and who is busy.