Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2017, 04:30 PM   #1
overeasy

Default Another summer tourist with lots of questions - Wolfeboro ramps?

My wife spent her childhood summers at her grandparents' house in Wolfeboro, and now that we have kids of our own (infant and 2y.o.) we'll be staying a week this summer. We'll be bringing our 16' Aluminum fish-and-ski boat with us for some fishing and just general puttering around. I've never been on the lake or in the town, and she was last there in the 90's.

Looking at the ramp options, the Back Bay Boat Landing is the closest, but doesn't look like it has any car-and-trailer parking. But according to Google it's a 10 minute walk from our rental cottage so can I tie up there, leave the wife and kids on the boat, drive the tow rig back to the cottage then walk back to the ramp? (on the rail trail) Or bike? (is there somewhere I can lock up a crappy bike?)

Or should I be driving a few miles outside of town and using a different ramp where I can leave the tow rig sit there all day?

The boat should easily fit under the low bridge if I lower the bimini top.

And if anyone is willing to give up an okay fishing spot, I'd appreciate it! I don't even care what kind of fish. I'd just like to show the 2 year old that dad can catch fish! (Private Message me if it needs to stay secret!)

Anything else I need to know? I own the boat. I'll have insurance on it. It's registered in PA. Will I need to prove I've taken the safe boater course? Do I need any launch permits or NH stickers? (I'll get NH visitor fishing license!)

Thank you
overeasy is offline   Reply With Quote