Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2022, 03:07 PM   #1
bigdog

Default Pressure Washer does not start ?

I took my pressure washer out of my shed to use today, but it wouldn't start?
Mfg: LiFan 5hp 3,000 Psi

Washer hasn't been started for about a year. In prep for storing Washer last summer, I started engine, then shut of the gas valve, so the gas would run out of the carb, and let it just stall-out. I then emptied the gas in the tank.
Covered areas around the tank with 'dryer' sheets to keep the mice away from eating wires and tubing.

Today, I filled with fresh gas, checked oil and attempted to start. Engine turns but fails to start. I then took spark plug out, cleaned, re-gapped and installed. Attempted to start again, but made no difference !

I then removed spark plug and shot some starting fluid spray directly into the cylinder. This time, when I tried to start, it attempted to start for about 5 seconds, then stalled. I suspect it was just burning the 'starter' spray in the cylinder. Did this routine twice, and called it a day. Next step will be to remove Carb and clean.

What are Forum thoughts, what is the issue and remedies ?
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote