Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Support Forum > Site Support Forum
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2006, 11:11 AM   #1
ApS

Waiting for the prices to come down on your choice of digital camera?

www.winnipesaukee.com/forums is a very film-camera friendly site...IF you use some help from www.snapfish.com. Request a mailer via the Internet if you want to try them out.

I snail-mail my 24-exposure film in a pre-paid mailer and get the negatives and 4x6 glossy prints back in a week to ten days. (The images themselves are provided to your computer in just a few days).

There, you can label, organize, archive, put on CDs, crop, adjust the contrast, put frilly borders on them, e-mail them, and still print your photos at your computer! There are other features such as Christmas cards, legal postage stamps (with your image!), discounts, and seasonal offerings from time to time.

Cost? $2.99 per roll. There are big discounts on fresh film purchases, too.

Presently, they are offering "packages" of 10-roll developing/printing discounts, which may signal a price increase before summer.

Many of those features have crept onto www.snapfish.com years after I sent in the first roll -- with no increase in price. I'm told it's a great deal by photographers with digital cameras.

I've decided to stay with my old clunky, light-struck Nikon, mostly because the digital cameras that I'd want to have are too small. Have you seen the digital Sony video/still camera that is somewhat larger that a credit card?

I'd lose it the first week!
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote