Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Outdoor Recreation
Home Forums Gallery Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2021, 06:48 PM   #1
fatlazyless
Senior Member
 
fatlazyless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,554
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 244
Thanked 787 Times in 562 Posts
Arrow 9' x 6' floating raft mat

Noticed the Plymouth Walmart has a new item in their seasonal water swim area, today, that looks like a good new item.

For $164.88 it is a 6' x 9' x 1 1/2" floating mat capable to hold 4-6 adults. It weighs about 20-lbs and has two holes with grommets that can be used for tying it to an anchor on the lake floor, or else for towing with a line from a boat moving slowly.

Color: light blue on one side, light yellow on other side.

Is like a portable raft that moves with the waves. It comes rolled up with two straps. Walmart has 12-floating mats for sale at Plymouth store.

Is made out of three layers of high density foam, somewhat like a swimmer's noodle that's been remade into a floating, flexible mat and looks like FABULOUS fun out there on a sunny day with moderate wind and waves! .......
__________________
Rich or poor, the #1 thing is your health.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 06:08 AM   #2
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 4,563
Thanks: 1,081
Thanked 1,472 Times in 883 Posts
Default

You mean something like this? If so, that's a steal. We ended up buying an inflatable version last year because it was 1/2 the cost of foam. (It also stores smaller, so it was a win-win)

https://www.amazon.com/Rubber-Dockie.../dp/B012B71WSI

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 07:42 AM   #3
fatlazyless
Senior Member
 
fatlazyless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,554
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 244
Thanked 787 Times in 562 Posts
Default

Yes, is similar except colors for Walmart item are less bright, a muted yellow and blue.

The BearCam had something like that out on the water last summer to the right of their wood raft, probably to keep motorboats from zipping through their home water territory, or someting.
__________________
Rich or poor, the #1 thing is your health.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 09:41 AM   #4
fatlazyless
Senior Member
 
fatlazyless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,554
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 244
Thanked 787 Times in 562 Posts
Default

This item seems like a limited sales item but anyway, was there yesterday, and it looked like the Plymouth Walmart recently got in 12 more of these 9' x 6' floating mats at $164.88 so's apparently they must be selling. They now have about 15-mats in the middle of the seasonal water sports area.

Anyone here read my earlier post and go take a look-see to that incredible shopping mecca on Tenney Mntn Hgwy in Plymouth?
__________________
Rich or poor, the #1 thing is your health.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 04:30 PM   #5
8gv
Senior Member
 
8gv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,653
Thanks: 51
Thanked 570 Times in 364 Posts
Default

While I think those mats would be fun, my covid, um, er, girth enhancement requires one the size of half an acre.

Does anyone sell those?
8gv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2021, 04:42 PM   #6
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 4,563
Thanks: 1,081
Thanked 1,472 Times in 883 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8gv View Post
While I think those mats would be fun, my covid, um, er, girth enhancement requires one the size of half an acre.

Does anyone sell those?
Multiples of the 6x10 we got can be zippered together! 12x10, 18x10...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 07:24 PM   #7
8gv
Senior Member
 
8gv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,653
Thanks: 51
Thanked 570 Times in 364 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Multiples of the 6x10 we got can be zippered together! 12x10, 18x10...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
So you're telling me there's hope!

Ben & Jerry's here I go!
8gv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 07:25 PM   #8
fatlazyless
Senior Member
 
fatlazyless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,554
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 244
Thanked 787 Times in 562 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8gv View Post
While I think those mats would be fun, my covid, um, er, girth enhancement requires one the size of half an acre.

Does anyone sell those?
How to get physically fit during the pandemic or for anytime?

Spend about sixty dollars on a 6.5-lb Health Hoops weighted hula hoop with large knobs on the inside, somewhat similar to a reverse circular saw blade. Use it four times/week for about twenty-thirty minutes accompanied by fast, loud, work-out music and you should lose weight, get thinner, eliminate lower back issues, increase mid-body strength, stomach, abs, and core strength. 20-minutes is a very tough hula-hoop workout, at first.

It looks a wee bit odd when using it but so what. .... .... looks like hula-hooping with a large, wide, heavy hula hoop.

Go to Amazon or Ebay and enter 'Health Hoop Korean' and it will add 25-years to your life ......... guaranteed ..... ..... plus it makes it much easier to go for long walks or hikes while carrying a 10-15-lb day pack.

Now, back to those $164.88 floating water mats .... ..... before this thread gets locked up! .... ..... is good for using the water mats as well. ....
__________________
Rich or poor, the #1 thing is your health.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 09:26 PM   #9
4 for Boating
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 173
Thanks: 1
Thanked 25 Times in 17 Posts
Default Special?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
How to get physically fit during the pandemic or for anytime?

Spend about sixty dollars on a 6.5-lb Health Hoops weighted hula hoop with large knobs on the inside, somewhat similar to a reverse circular saw blade. Use it four times/week for about twenty-thirty minutes accompanied by fast, loud, work-out music and you should lose weight, get thinner, eliminate lower back issues, increase mid-body strength, stomach, abs, and core strength. 20-minutes is a very tough hula-hoop workout, at first.

It looks a wee bit odd when using it but so what. .... .... looks like hula-hooping with a large, wide, heavy hula hoop.

Go to Amazon or Ebay and enter 'Health Hoop Korean' and it will add 25-years to your life ......... guaranteed ..... ..... plus it makes it much easier to go for long walks or hikes while carrying a 10-15-lb day pack.

Now, back to those $164.88 floating water mats .... ..... before this thread gets locked up! .... ..... is good for using the water mats as well. ....
So I look online on the Walmart site and see some of these mats but nothing listed for $164. Is this some sort of in-store special? Wonder if they have some of these at the Gilford store? I read online mixed reviews on these mats but I guess it may be a nice thing to have on the boat when anchored - yielding a way to relax on the water off the boat.
4 for Boating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 08:11 AM   #10
fatlazyless
Senior Member
 
fatlazyless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,554
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 244
Thanked 787 Times in 562 Posts
Default

Hey ..... as of late Tuesday afternoon .... Plymouth Walmart had about 15 of these mats at $164.88 ......

If you make the trip, suggest you check out the relatively new Market Basket, too.
__________________
Rich or poor, the #1 thing is your health.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 09:13 AM   #11
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 4,563
Thanks: 1,081
Thanked 1,472 Times in 883 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Hey ..... as of late Tuesday afternoon .... Plymouth Walmart had about 15 of these mats at $164.88 ......

If you make the trip, suggest you check out the relatively new Market Basket, too.
You ever get a photo or anything? I know some people who might be interested but I'm interested to see exactly what it looks like.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 10:07 AM   #12
magicrobotmonkey
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 148
Thanks: 26
Thanked 37 Times in 26 Posts
Default

FWIW I snagged one of these at parafunalia a few years ago and its been worth every penny. The kids accept it as a solid alternative to a sandbar so we can avoid the crowds and make our own sandbar anywhere!
magicrobotmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to magicrobotmonkey For This Useful Post:
Biggd (05-25-2021)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 3.08446 seconds