Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2018, 08:51 AM   #1
fatlazyless

Default Ragged Island swim-paddle for the loons?

Thursday, July 19, starting at 10am (that's tomorrow, in case you did not know): some type of a save-the-loons fund raiser event or something or other ....... out on Ragged Island ......swim or paddle your kayak-paddle board-canoe-rowboat or whatever.

Say hey ....... if you are totally, totally, totally bored out of your mind ..... then why not?

Weather predicted: totally sunny and warm: about 80-degrees, water temp: about 75-degrees. Lake Winnipesaukee is not anything like swimming a heated swimming pool.

More info in todays July 18 Laconia Daily Sun on page 23 ....... all the way in the back of the paper ....... sounds like a summer camp type of a thing to do........ could be a fun ride on a stand up paddle board?

So, how long a swim is it to swim all the way around Ragged Island and how much do I get paid by the loons for completing a swim all the way around Ragged ..... good grief.....swimming is slow and strenuous, and swimming a long distance can be very, very, very challenging ....... especially with the small, wind driven waves frequently encountered on Lake Winnipesaukee.......

Do loons like to eat Cheez-its? I suspect that they would eat a Cheez-it, yes, for its salty, cheesy taste, ........ but do not know?

Last edited by fatlazyless; 07-18-2018 at 09:31 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 11:08 AM   #2
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Thursday, July 19, starting at 10am (that's tomorrow, in case you did not know): some type of a save-the-loons fund raiser event or something or other ....... out on Ragged Island ......swim or paddle your kayak-paddle board-canoe-rowboat or whatever.

Say hey ....... if you are totally, totally, totally bored out of your mind ..... then why not?

Weather predicted: totally sunny and warm: about 80-degrees, water temp: about 75-degrees. Lake Winnipesaukee is not anything like swimming a heated swimming pool.

More info in todays July 18 Laconia Daily Sun on page 23 ....... all the way in the back of the paper ....... sounds like a summer camp type of a thing to do........ could be a fun ride on a stand up paddle board?

So, how long a swim is it to swim all the way around Ragged Island and how much do I get paid by the loons for completing a swim all the way around Ragged ..... good grief.....swimming is slow and strenuous, and swimming a long distance can be very, very, very challenging ....... especially with the small, wind driven waves frequently encountered on Lake Winnipesaukee.......

Do loons like to eat Cheez-its? I suspect that they would eat a Cheez-it, yes, for its salty, cheesy taste, ........ but do not know?

FLL you should definitely go....you’ll fit right in with the “looney” theme!
Bring plenty of cheez-its for your loon buddies....dont get the extra toasty ones as I bought a box recently and they were burned to just about tasteless.
I’ll stick with the regular unburnt ones from now on...have fun paddling your SUP out there...and watch out for sailboats...those are loon killers for sure!
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 12:58 PM   #3
kawishiwi

Default C'mon man...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post

A few strategically placed noodles will get you arond Ragged in pure FLL style
Old 07-20-2018, 09:16 AM   #4
fatlazyless

From today's 7/20/18 Concord Monitor, includes about ten Lake Winnipesaukee-Ragged Island, sunny summer people photos:

http://www.concordmonitor.com/A-pair...-days-18893927

Looks like the dock at Ragged Island has a nice spot on the lake?

Does anyone really care about the loons out on the lake? I know the Canada geese are basically treated like vermin, but the loons are somewhat hard to find because they spend so much time under water, or something?

Could be if the geese sounded like the loons, with the call of the loon, then geese would be just as favored as the loons, with the call of the Canada geese; honk-honk-honk?

See ......just look what you all missed by not paddling over to the 'Loon Day' at Ragged Island yesterday!