Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-08-2010, 11:03 PM   #1
Cobalt 25

Default place for RV one night near Paugus?

This coming weekend we are staying in the Christmas Island area. Back in the Fifties (that's right, I said Fifties) our family used to rent a little cottage on the water. We used to look across the cove with much envy at a cottage on an island that we felt must be owned by MILLionaires. Today, kids would think BILLionaires, but the concept of billionaire back then was beyond comprehension..

Anyway, this weekend we have the opportunity to rent the millionaire's cottage. It's nice, but believe me things have changed a lot in fifty years. My friend and his wife are coming up to visit us and they'd love to bring their 32' RV. I called Singing Cove RV park today and left a message on their tape inquiring about availability. If that doesn't work out, does anyone know of other options we could try?

thanks, Peter
Cobalt 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:52 AM   #2
jrc

There's a Wal-mart nearby!
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:03 AM   #3
ishoot308

Thanked 4,940 Times in 1,916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt 25 View Post
This coming weekend we are staying in the Christmas Island area. Back in the Fifties (that's right, I said Fifties) our family used to rent a little cottage on the water. We used to look across the cove with much envy at a cottage on an island that we felt must be owned by MILLionaires. Today, kids would think BILLionaires, but the concept of billionaire back then was beyond comprehension..

Anyway, this weekend we have the opportunity to rent the millionaire's cottage. It's nice, but believe me things have changed a lot in fifty years. My friend and his wife are coming up to visit us and they'd love to bring their 32' RV. I called Singing Cove RV park today and left a message on their tape inquiring about availability. If that doesn't work out, does anyone know of other options we could try?

thanks, Peter
Edge of Woods RV park at intersection of route 11 and 11B in Gilford is the closest place I can think of.

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:17 AM   #4
dpg

Actually the Wal Mart thing might work. There's one by me in Mass that I see them in sometimes when I go early weekend mornings. Someone once told me technically they are not supposed to park there overnight (town thing) but it's kind of an unspoken rule by the Wal Marts they do not ask them to move. Nice gesture if you ask me. Then I'm sure 99% of the people go in at opening and spend money.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:21 AM   #5
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

There is a place not far from the CISH that has RV spoots for sale up on the hill. Call them they might take you for the weekend if they haven't sold anything to make money...

I am going by there tonight, (Got to go to Lowes...) I will see if there is a number or something...
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2010, 07:19 AM   #6
Cobalt 25

dpg, my understanding of the Wal Mart "policy" is the same as yours. This is the first time they would be taking the RV on a trip like this and I don't think my friend's wife would go for the Wall Mart idea this time.

That sounds like a good idea, Lakesider. Let's hope they have a telephone number posted on their sign.

Peter
Old 06-09-2010, 08:18 AM   #7
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Arrow Camping

We have a very detailed list of the Lakes Region's campgrounds in our very own Lake Links.

It appears that there is lots to choose from, but there is a very good probability that they may be out of luck... it's the 87th Annual Bike Week! Good luck!
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:58 AM   #8
LakesRegionSpirit

Ellacoya State Park in Gilford. Some of the nicest lake front access available.
www.LakesRegionSpirit.com
LakesRegionSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:26 PM   #9
tricia1218

Singing cove is not a rent by the night RV park. Across the cove from Singing cove is Paugus Bay campground, I believe they rent rv sites.
tricia1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:10 PM   #10
Cobalt 25

RGirl, great campground link, thanks.

Tricia, I called Paugus Bay Campground and found I underestimated the lure of Bike Week on the first weekend. They are booked. They charge $39 a night later in the summer, and that seems pretty reasonable.

Thanks all for the helpful posts. This website rocks.

Peter
Old 06-10-2010, 09:33 PM   #11
RI Swamp Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
There's a Wal-mart nearby!
OMG If you posted that on an RV forum you would see 100 responses in an hour! (and not all of them would be polite)

You should always ask the manager at a Walmart and they will often suggest where in the parking lot would be a good place to park. Make sure the town doesn't have a law against overnight parking or the police will make you leave.