Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > History
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2006, 10:13 AM   #1
cowguy

Default Need "Island Stories" for a newspaper article

Hi

I posted this in the General Forum but thought those of you who appreciate the history of the lake would also be a great source.

I'm writing a quick article on "Island Stories" for The Laker Newspaper over the next couple days.

Will be looking for short, interesting stories about life on the islands that are true and hopefully fun. It will focus on tales of people and their homes/camps/cabins since it will go into the homes issue of The Laker.

I've written for the Laker, Yankee Magazine as well other "shelter" magazines like Country Home and Better Homes & Gardens. It's possible this short article could end up as something more extensive in a regional or national magazine. You never know.

So, if you're in the camp maintenance business, an island property owner like me or an old-timer on the lake with a story, please send it on. The pay is zero but I'd be glad to give you credit for your story - or not if you prefer that. I will also post this in the history forum but would love to hear from anyone with a great story!

Thanks, Dan Derby

email: cowguy@danderby.com
cowguy is offline   Reply With Quote