Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2020, 08:34 PM   #1
TheTimeTraveler

Default Refrigerator Shortage! No kidding.....

Well, first there was a toilet paper shortage, and then all sorts of other shortages.

The latest is a refrigerator shortage! Apparently many of the production plants have been shut down due to Covid-19 and the backorders go well into the fall.

There are a few new ones out there, but you have to be able to live with the size, color, and price. Chances are, you'll need to order one to fit into that tight location in an older kitchen.

Today I checked both Lowe's and Barron's Appliances. I am looking at late September before I can replace my older, smaller sized model.

Hope you have better luck than I did.
TheTimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:03 PM   #2
Red apple

Yes it started about two months ago and started to get worse in the last two weeks. If looking at Lowes and HD extend your search out 100-150 miles and look as that is how I found mine. I then called the store and purchased it and they transfer it to Gilford for N/C

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Red apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:18 PM   #3
fatlazyless

Haier is a good, small, 9.8 cubic ft frig with two doors, freezer above, frig below, for $379 from Lowes.com.

Is cold and always works good and quiet, no problems.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:55 PM   #4
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts
Default Brand?

Ran into that last year (2018). Lowe's kept telling us it was back ordered. Eventually they admitted that was typical of that brand. Cancelled in September. In the spring, 2019, we ordered a different brand and picked up a few days later. It's not always the store, but they don't want to be up front for stuff they have on the floor and can't deliver.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 06:52 AM   #5
Poor Richard

There is a seemingly endless supply of refurbs available at many of the appliance repair stores. A lot of those "refurbs" are nothing more than dent and scratch types of repairs. I realize that may be something that is below the standards of some but if you're unable to find a replacement or are facing extended back orders, I'd start calling around to the repair places.
Poor Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2020, 07:08 AM   #6
phoenix

I was lucky as i ordered in april while still in phoenix. I was concerned that it would fit when we got here in early june. Barrons told me if i didnt take it would be another 60 days
Old 07-14-2020, 03:46 PM   #7
DRH

Default Freezers Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
I was lucky as i ordered in april while still in phoenix. I was concerned that it would fit when we got here in early june. Barrons told me if i didnt take it would be another 60 days
Same thing applies to chest freezers. We ordered one from Baron's in May after finding that they, Lowe's and Home Depot had nothing in stock, nor did their distributors. Baron's told us there was nothing available nationwide. Still waiting for an expected delivery date.
Old 07-14-2020, 04:13 PM   #8
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRH View Post
Same thing applies to chest freezers. We ordered one from Baron's in May after finding that they, Lowe's and Home Depot had nothing in stock, nor did their distributors. Baron's told us there was nothing available nationwide. Still waiting for an expected delivery date.
I ordered a stand up freezer from HD two weeks ago. It’s supposed to be delivered Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 04:25 PM   #9
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default EBay

Surprisingly Ebay had a discontinued model Frigidaire Gallery french door refrigerator. MSRP was around $1800. The winning bid was $461 delivered!

Never unpack a refrigerator before. Lots of cardboard and a pallet. Instruction is not 'IKEA' friendly but I did it!

While I am at it I bid on a Napoleon Triumph gas grill, another discontinued. About $400 for a $1000 grill.

Check EBay for brand new in the box items, if you don't mind discontinued items.
TheTimeTraveler (07-15-2020)