Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > General Issues
Home Forums Gallery YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2011, 02:39 PM   #1
ReDTyDe
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Exclamation Class Action Suit Against Laconia For Unfair Taxes

We are posting this as notice and help for those in this particular situation.

We currently own property in Laconia that is deemed "year-round seasonal" meaning we pay full taxes but cannot claim it as a primary residence.
That means no use of the Laconia school system, no registering of vehicles, no voting in local elections, etc. It is taxation without representation.

Well, we are now "representing" with a lawsuit.

If you find yourself in need of legal services and wish to be included, please send your contact info to:

lowertaxesforthelakesregion@hotmail.com

This thread is not meant to open dialogue about the rights & wrongs of paying taxes. Quite frankly, we don't care.

Last edited by ReDTyDe; 10-06-2011 at 02:40 PM. Reason: spelling
ReDTyDe is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to ReDTyDe For This Useful Post:
laketrout (10-06-2011)
Old 10-06-2011, 05:58 PM   #2
TMI Guy
Senior Member
 
TMI Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Midcoast Maine & Sanbornton
Posts: 342
Thanks: 3
Thanked 147 Times in 71 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDTyDe View Post
This thread is not meant to open dialogue about the rights & wrongs of paying taxes. Quite frankly, we don't care.
Well, apparently you do care, or you wouldn't have filed a lawsuit, or started this thread.
TMI Guy is offline  
Old 10-06-2011, 07:03 PM   #3
RailroadJoe
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 620
Thanks: 259
Thanked 158 Times in 100 Posts
Default

Do you rent the property? That may be considered year round.
RailroadJoe is offline  
Old 10-06-2011, 08:26 PM   #4
Jonas Pilot
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Wolfeboro, New Hampshire is my home, 24-7-365
Posts: 1,686
Thanks: 1,047
Thanked 336 Times in 189 Posts
Default

As they said, they don't care what you think. They are just using this site for public proclamation.
Jonas Pilot is offline  
Old 10-07-2011, 05:27 AM   #5
songkrai
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 685
Thanks: 34
Thanked 139 Times in 93 Posts
Default

What is the issue with a public proclamation? Aren't many posts here basically a public proclamation?
songkrai is offline  
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2011, 06:35 AM   #6
Mink Islander
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Norwell, MA
Posts: 638
Thanks: 38
Thanked 204 Times in 93 Posts
Default It's a forum not a notice board

Quote:
Originally Posted by songkrai View Post
What is the issue with a public proclamation? Aren't many posts here basically a public proclamation?
People start threads to share ideas, ask questions, debate topics. This is the first I've seen of someone starting a post (first post for them ever, I might add), and then say their thread isn't open for debate. Really? Made me laugh. Looks more like trolling for clients...

And I loved the endearing closing phrase, "quite frankly, we don't care".

Well, to say it simply.. Right back at you ReDTyDe.
Mink Islander is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mink Islander For This Useful Post:
Jonas Pilot (10-07-2011), Slickcraft (10-07-2011), VitaBene (10-07-2011), Winnisquamguy (10-07-2011)
Old 10-07-2011, 06:42 AM   #7
chipj29
Senior Member
 
chipj29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bow
Posts: 1,852
Thanks: 477
Thanked 285 Times in 151 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink Islander View Post
People start threads to share ideas, ask questions, debate topics. This is the first I've seen of someone starting a post (first post for them ever, I might add), and then say their thread isn't open for debate. Really? Made me laugh. Looks more like trolling for clients...

And I loved the endearing closing phrase, "quite frankly, we don't care".

Well, to say it simply.. Right back at you ReDTyDe.
Exactly my thought as well. Looks like a classified ad.
__________________
Getting ready for winter!
chipj29 is offline  
Old 10-07-2011, 10:45 AM   #8
Seaplane Pilot
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 830
Thanks: 286
Thanked 427 Times in 166 Posts
Default Well, I care

I find it ironic that a welfare mother with 8 kids can rent an apartment in Laconia, send her kids to public school and register her car with no question.

But...a hard-working, tax-paying owner of certain condos in Laconia can do no such thing. Maybe ReDTyDe could have used a better choice of words in their message, but the theme and underlying problem is real and crystal clear. Something's wrong with this picture (and a lot of other pictures).
Seaplane Pilot is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seaplane Pilot For This Useful Post:
AC2717 (10-09-2011), NHBUOY (10-07-2011)
Old 10-07-2011, 01:52 PM   #9
TiltonBB
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Gilford, NH and Florida
Posts: 1,269
Thanks: 187
Thanked 672 Times in 269 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
I find it ironic that a welfare mother with 8 kids can rent an apartment in Laconia, send her kids to public school and register her car with no question.

But...a hard-working, tax-paying owner of certain condos in Laconia can do no such thing. Maybe ReDTyDe could have used a better choice of words in their message, but the theme and underlying problem is real and crystal clear. Something's wrong with this picture (and a lot of other pictures).
Great point about the welfare mother! But actually the welfare mother isn't renting the apartment, you, the taxpayer are renting it for her.

I have a tenant with 6 kids that have 5 different last names. I would love to know how much she costs the taxpayers when you get through with all the health care benefits, free rent, ebt card etc.
TiltonBB is online now  
Old 10-07-2011, 04:23 PM   #10
Heaven
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 450
Thanks: 81
Thanked 84 Times in 59 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
Great point about the welfare mother! But actually the welfare mother isn't renting the apartment, you, the taxpayer are renting it for her.

I have a tenant with 6 kids that have 5 different last names. I would love to know how much she costs the taxpayers when you get through with all the health care benefits, free rent, ebt card etc.
Maybe the fathers support their kids. If not, maybe they should. Maybe with all those fathers, there is more support money to be had than if they were all fathered by the same person. Maybe "She" isn't costing the taxpayers money. My guess is that "she" is doing her "half", and more.
Heaven is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Heaven For This Useful Post:
Drummer Girl (10-09-2011)
Old 10-07-2011, 06:40 PM   #11
Pineedles
Senior Member
 
Pineedles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Moultonborough & CT
Posts: 2,417
Thanks: 949
Thanked 592 Times in 330 Posts
Default

Maybe somebody is living in a fantasy zone.
Pineedles is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pineedles For This Useful Post:
brk-lnt (10-08-2011), ishoot308 (10-08-2011), nicole (10-08-2011)
Old 10-08-2011, 04:17 AM   #12
TOAD
Senior Member
 
TOAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Soon to be Moultonboro
Posts: 258
Thanks: 1
Thanked 81 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineedles View Post
Maybe somebody is living in a fantasy zone.
__________________
"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.....Unknown....but attributed to George Washington
TOAD is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to TOAD For This Useful Post:
AC2717 (10-09-2011)
Old 10-08-2011, 06:31 AM   #13
Seaplane Pilot
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 830
Thanks: 286
Thanked 427 Times in 166 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven View Post
Maybe the fathers support their kids. If not, maybe they should. Maybe with all those fathers, there is more support money to be had than if they were all fathered by the same person. Maybe "She" isn't costing the taxpayers money. My guess is that "she" is doing her "half", and more.
Right...And I suppose we should make the Air Force hold a bake sale to raise money for fighter jets and bombers.
Seaplane Pilot is offline  
Old 10-08-2011, 07:10 AM   #14
TiltonBB
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Gilford, NH and Florida
Posts: 1,269
Thanks: 187
Thanked 672 Times in 269 Posts
Default Guess again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven View Post
Maybe the fathers support their kids. If not, maybe they should. Maybe with all those fathers, there is more support money to be had than if they were all fathered by the same person. Maybe "She" isn't costing the taxpayers money. My guess is that "she" is doing her "half", and more.
Guess again!

Her rent is $1720 per month. The state pays $1704 and she is supposed to pay the rest ($16). I say supposed to because she has not paid the $16 for the last 7 months. It is not worth evicting her because the state payments are guaranteed.

I have had over 35 welfare tenants during the last 30 years. About 2 deserved help from their fellow citizens because of physical or mental issues. The rest were all scamming the system in some way.
TiltonBB is online now  
Old 10-08-2011, 07:46 AM   #15
tis
Senior Member
 
tis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,351
Thanks: 413
Thanked 719 Times in 499 Posts
Default

That is a priceless post, TiltonBB! I wish the whole world could see it to see what we have fostered.
tis is offline  
Old 10-08-2011, 07:54 AM   #16
IslandRadio
Senior Member
 
IslandRadio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: On Rattlesnake Island whenever possible - otherwise near the MA/NH border
Posts: 355
Thanks: 54
Thanked 129 Times in 51 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
Guess again!

Her rent is $1720 per month. The state pays $1704 and she is supposed to pay the rest ($16). I say supposed to because she has not paid the $16 for the last 7 months. It is not worth evicting her because the state payments are guaranteed.

I have had over 35 welfare tenants during the last 30 years. About 2 deserved help from their fellow citizens because of physical or mental issues. The rest were all scamming the system in some way.
Is this in New Hampshire? For whatever reason, I didn't think NH had these sort of welfare issues. Thought it was more of a Massachusetts problem.
IslandRadio is offline  
Old 10-08-2011, 07:59 AM   #17
topwater
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 302
Thanks: 85
Thanked 116 Times in 48 Posts
Default

This site is becoming RIDICULOUS !!!!! If all the out of staters would shut there mouths and just live thier life, and enjoy the time they have up here, this world would be a much better place.
There are way to many NON-RESIDENTS who think their #### doesn't stink. So you have money, So you have a place on the lake, If your DADDIES and MOMMIES weren't rich YOU wouldn't have a damn dime., because you were born with a silver spoon in your mouths and EXPECT
to everything given to you.
If you don't live up here full time, YOU DON'T HAVE A SAY... DON'T LIKE IT, ( MOVE ) back to the godforbiddin state your trying to get away from.
There are so many members on this site and only a handful of the members post anything....I wonder why??? Because most of the #### is posted by out of staters that, once again thinks their #### doesn't stink. Well it DOES. And 99% of the readers don't give a ####.

Please don't tell me that YOU are the reason why you have some bucks, because we all know that is ####. Some people come on here and post pictures constantly showing their island properties and boats, and pwc, rafts, if you have earned it, you would not shove it down peoples throats. You would just enjoy it.

I am so done with this site, and I hope Don the WEBMASTER, makes this a "You have to live in the Lakes Region full time in order to post in this forum website "

98% of you people are just plain PHONY., SHALLOW, AND ONLY THINK OF YOURSELVES.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE NEW HAMPSHIRE THE WAY IT IS, MOVE THE HELL BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM.
topwater is offline  
Old 10-08-2011, 08:01 AM   #18
KonaChick
Senior Member
 
KonaChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 518
Thanks: 19
Thanked 62 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Whoaaaaaa....calm down there cowboy!
KonaChick is offline  
Old 10-08-2011, 08:11 AM   #19
ITD
Senior Member
 
ITD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Massachusetts and Moultonboro, NH
Posts: 2,287
Thanks: 328
Thanked 419 Times in 243 Posts
Default

Wow...............
ITD is offline  
Old 10-08-2011, 08:11 AM   #20
Two dobys
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 22
Thanks: 53
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Really? speak for yourself!
Two dobys is offline  
Old 10-08-2011, 08:37 AM   #21
MarkinNH
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 392
Thanks: 177
Thanked 146 Times in 76 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by topwater View Post
Please don't tell me that YOU are the reason why you have some bucks, because we all know that is bull****.
I work for quite a few out of state homeowners and I know for a FACT that their wealth is self earned and NOT handed down from their mommy's and daddy's as you claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topwater View Post
I am so done with this site, and I hope Don the WEBMASTER, makes this a "You have to live in the Lakes Region full time in order to post in this forum website ".
See Ya, Ta Ta, By By, Don't let the door hit you in the A$$ on the way out.
I for one hope that Don keeps the site just as it is. The simple fact that this site is open and tolerant to ALL people regardless of the residency and income is what helps it be a welcome and inviting forum to come and read, share and even vent at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topwater View Post
98% of you people are just plain PHONY., SHALLOW, AND ONLY THINK OF YOURSELVES.
Please go take a look in the nearest mirror. One of the "98% of you people" you have described will be looking back at you !!!!

Everybody needs to vent from time to time, it is merely normal and human. Personally I think your little temper tantrum insults us all and you should be ashamed of yourself. Maybe you are unwilling or incapable of working as hard as those people who may have more then you but your rant sounds like jealousy and sour grapes to me.
MarkinNH is offline  
Old 10-08-2011, 08:49 AM   #22
Heaven
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 450
Thanks: 81
Thanked 84 Times in 59 Posts
Default

I agree she should pay her $17 dollars to you.The state collects child support from "dead beat parents" so our taxes are not necessarily paying you your rent. And by "her half", I certainly didn't mean to only consider the MONEY part (hello???? has any one out there raised a child alone).
It would be refreshing if you would look beyond your surface assumptions.
Heaven is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Heaven For This Useful Post:
Drummer Girl (10-09-2011)
Old 10-08-2011, 09:13 AM   #23
RailroadJoe
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 620
Thanks: 259
Thanked 158 Times in 100 Posts
Default

topwater I read the forum. I don't own a house and I can remember having potato peeling soup during the depression (1930 - 1939) do you?

All people are people and yes the state of NH has become a mecca for the welfare people, until something changes.

To bad you feel the way you do. Bad childhood?
RailroadJoe is offline  
Old 10-08-2011, 11:15 AM   #24
TiltonBB
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Gilford, NH and Florida
Posts: 1,269
Thanks: 187
Thanked 672 Times in 269 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven View Post
I agree she should pay her $17 dollars to you.The state collects child support from "dead beat parents" so our taxes are not necessarily paying you your rent. And by "her half", I certainly didn't mean to only consider the MONEY part (hello???? has any one out there raised a child alone).
It would be refreshing if you would look beyond your surface assumptions.
I have sent you a private message. It would take too much time and space on this board to clear up your misconceptions.
TiltonBB is online now  
Old 10-08-2011, 11:54 AM   #25
sa meredith
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 986
Thanks: 32
Thanked 352 Times in 137 Posts
Default Hey topwater

Topwater...site is getting ridiculous? Look in the mirror! What a brutally mean spirited post to write. Combine that with your other stuff where you jump all over two other members. And when you jumped all sideways nutty this summer when someone posted they had too much to drink before WALKING to dinner.
Are you just a miserable person, always with an axe to grind?
Have a couple of cocktails and relax a bit.
Don't like this forum? OK...then why do you read it. just stay away.
sa meredith is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to sa meredith For This Useful Post:
Rusty (10-08-2011)
Old 10-08-2011, 12:02 PM   #26
Mink Islander
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Norwell, MA
Posts: 638
Thanks: 38
Thanked 204 Times in 93 Posts
Default So does this mean....

you're changing your screen name to "WayOverTheTopwater"?
Mink Islander is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Mink Islander For This Useful Post:
Rusty (10-08-2011)
Old 10-08-2011, 01:29 PM   #27
Mr. V
Senior Member
 
Mr. V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: the left coast (Portland)and West Alton
Posts: 704
Thanks: 11
Thanked 75 Times in 52 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by topwater View Post
So you have money, So you have a place on the lake, If your DADDIES and MOMMIES weren't rich YOU wouldn't have a damn dime., because you were born with a silver spoon in your mouths and EXPECT
to everything given to you.
*sigh*

The "Green-eyed Monster" rears its ugly head.

Yo, the Good Book says not to covet thy neighbor's goods ...
Mr. V is offline  
Old 10-08-2011, 04:06 PM   #28
Heaven
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 450
Thanks: 81
Thanked 84 Times in 59 Posts
Default

Tilton BB
Thanks for the message. What irks me most about your post is
1.) assuming that anything would be better if the 5 kids "all had the same last name", and
2.) placing all the responsibility for the 5 kids and their situation on the woman

Mr. V and others,
My brother and his wife decided early on to support their three boys through the boy's undergraduate degrees. That means, housing, tuition, transportation (very used but serviceable), car insurance and health insurance, clothing etc etc. The boys worked at various jobs during that period but the fact remains that they had a "leg up" early in their lives and that is a wonderful thing.
I don't think that it is totally unusual and for those who say that they "made it" themselves to have had a "leg up" and assume that others have also and don't credit the (roughly) 100k+ help they received toward their eventual success.
Of course, there are many successful people who started out with nothing right after high school and truly made it from there, on their own.

Last edited by Heaven; 10-08-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Heaven is offline  
Old 10-08-2011, 06:37 PM   #29
Bear Islander
Senior Member
 
Bear Islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bear Island
Posts: 1,662
Thanks: 21
Thanked 348 Times in 163 Posts
Default

I think I figured it out. #### is substituted for the word feet.
Bear Islander is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bear Islander For This Useful Post:
Argie's Wife (10-08-2011), ishoot308 (10-09-2011), SteveA (10-09-2011)
Old 10-08-2011, 06:38 PM   #30
Argie's Wife
Senior Member
 
Argie's Wife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Alton
Posts: 1,908
Thanks: 533
Thanked 577 Times in 259 Posts
Smile Full moon today or what?

Unfair taxes?

I'd think the IRS would be a bigger concern than little ol' City of Laconia, NH.

Ironic to think that tax payers' money is going to be used to pay the legal fees generated from this lawsuit, which is most likely going to lose. (There's case law on this already, I do believe...)

But hey, like I always say: If you want things to change, get involved.

Guess this is a place start...


PS
Bear Island - I love you! LOL! :-)
Argie's Wife is offline  
Old 10-08-2011, 08:33 PM   #31
TiltonBB
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Gilford, NH and Florida
Posts: 1,269
Thanks: 187
Thanked 672 Times in 269 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven View Post
Tilton BB
Thanks for the message. What irks me most about your post is
1.) assuming that anything would be better if the 5 kids "all had the same last name", and
2.) placing all the responsibility for the 5 kids and their situation on the woman

Mr. V and others,
My brother and his wife decided early on to support their three boys through the boy's undergraduate degrees. That means, housing, tuition, transportation (very used but serviceable), car insurance and health insurance, clothing etc etc. The boys worked at various jobs during that period but the fact remains that they had a "leg up" early in their lives and that is a wonderful thing.
I don't think that it is totally unusual and for those who say that they "made it" themselves to have had a "leg up" and assume that others have also and don't credit the (roughly) 100k+ help they received toward their eventual success.
Of course, there are many successful people who started out with nothing right after high school and truly made it from there, on their own.
At this point it doesn't matter whose real responsibility the 6 kids are, the taxpayers are footing the bill. By the time her kids become adults it will have cost taxpayers in excess of one million dollars to raise them. Is that fair?

And yes, the kids and society would be better off if the kids had the same last name and the father was involved in their lives. Statistics show that kids in broken or fatherless homes are less likely to succeed in life.

And, if the woman continued to make lousy choices in partners and continued to crank out babies it is certainly a lot more her responsibility to provide for them than it is anyone elses.
TiltonBB is online now  
Old 10-08-2011, 08:44 PM   #32
Heaven
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 450
Thanks: 81
Thanked 84 Times in 59 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
And, if the woman continued to make lousy choices in partners and continued to crank out babies it is certainly a lot more her responsibility to provide for them than it is anyone elses.
I see. I agree that any child is better off with both parents involved, it is unclear to me why all the children would be better off if they had one involved father.
So the men didn't make a lousy choice and their contribution to the baby-making is understandable and can be set aside?
The tax payers are subsidizing the children because the men have vacated their responsibility.
Heaven is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Heaven For This Useful Post:
Drummer Girl (10-09-2011)
Old 10-08-2011, 08:47 PM   #33
RI Swamp Yankee
Senior Member
 
RI Swamp Yankee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: North Kingstown RI
Posts: 688
Thanks: 143
Thanked 83 Times in 55 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by topwater View Post
....posted by out of staters that, once again thinks their #### doesn't stink. .....
Well they don't ..... untill I take my shoes off.


Quote:
Originally Posted by topwater View Post
..... and I hope Don the WEBMASTER, makes this a "You have to live in the Lakes Region full time in order to post in this forum website " ....
Oh darn, then Don won't be able to post here.
__________________
Gene ~ aka "another RI Swamp Yankee"
RI Swamp Yankee is offline  
Old 10-09-2011, 06:52 AM   #34
tis
Senior Member
 
tis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,351
Thanks: 413
Thanked 719 Times in 499 Posts
Default

There's that important word again. RESPONSIBILITY. You don't keep cranking babies out unless you can afford them. You would think they would learn after a couple. But then again, maybe she is one who knows the more kids she has the more money she will get.
tis is offline  
Old 10-09-2011, 12:58 PM   #35
Irish mist
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 619
Thanks: 74
Thanked 55 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDTyDe View Post
We are posting this as notice and help for those in this particular situation.

We currently own property in Laconia that is deemed "year-round seasonal" meaning we pay full taxes but cannot claim it as a primary residence.
That means no use of the Laconia school system, no registering of vehicles, no voting in local elections, etc. It is taxation without representation.

Well, we are now "representing" with a lawsuit.

If you find yourself in need of legal services and wish to be included, please send your contact info to:

lowertaxesforthelakesregion@hotmail.com

This thread is not meant to open dialogue about the rights & wrongs of paying taxes. Quite frankly, we don't care.
Before you purchased the property you should have taken into account that you would not be able to claim primary residence. That said: your concerns are not without standing IMO.
Irish mist is offline  
Old 10-09-2011, 05:34 PM   #36
Rolie
Senior Member
 
Rolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 57
Thanks: 4
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
Guess again!

Her rent is $1720 per month. The state pays $1704 and she is supposed to pay the rest ($16). I say supposed to because she has not paid the $16 for the last 7 months. It is not worth evicting her because the state payments are guaranteed.

I have had over 35 welfare tenants during the last 30 years. About 2 deserved help from their fellow citizens because of physical or mental issues. The rest were all scamming the system in some way.
Sounds like you're doing alright with the system....1700/month....has to be a really nice place.
Rolie is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rolie For This Useful Post:
Heaven (10-09-2011), Jonas Pilot (10-09-2011)
Old 10-09-2011, 06:33 PM   #37
TiltonBB
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Gilford, NH and Florida
Posts: 1,269
Thanks: 187
Thanked 672 Times in 269 Posts
Default Not Really!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolie View Post
Sounds like you're doing alright with the system....1700/month....has to be a really nice place.
It is a nice house, 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, and it was in excellent condition until the welfare queen moved in. The expenses run up quick as they poke holes in screens, clog the disposal, need a plumber because one of the kids flushed a toy, and break windows now and then. It will cost thousands to repair the excessive wear and damage from these people. When section 8 does their annual inspection guess who pays to repair all of the things that they broke? If I don't repair the problems they shut the payments off.

It just cost me $1,500 for a lawyer to evict a tenant that is over $4,000 behind on rent? And also, that tenant has intentionally left the outside garden hose on for over two months to run up my water bill because I had the nerve to evict her. The quarterly water bill just came in at $1,545.

It's time to get out of the rental business!
TiltonBB is online now  
Old 10-09-2011, 06:33 PM   #38
Sue Doe-Nym
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 327
Thanks: 225
Thanked 75 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Sounds like another case of people demanding multiple primary residences. I thought this issue was decided ages ago. How many times and places does this person think we should be allowed to vote? Perhaps we should all go to his/her voting place and start a lawsuit.
Sue Doe-Nym is offline  
Old 10-09-2011, 07:30 PM   #39
Yankee
Senior Member
 
Yankee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 150
Thanks: 19
Thanked 38 Times in 23 Posts
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by topwater View Post
This site is becoming RIDICULOUS !!!!! If all the out of staters would shut there mouths and just live thier life, and enjoy the time they have up here, this world would be a much better place.
There are way to many NON-RESIDENTS who think their #### doesn't stink. So you have money, So you have a place on the lake, If your DADDIES and MOMMIES weren't rich YOU wouldn't have a damn dime., because you were born with a silver spoon in your mouths and EXPECT
to everything given to you.
If you don't live up here full time, YOU DON'T HAVE A SAY... DON'T LIKE IT, ( MOVE ) back to the godforbiddin state your trying to get away from.
There are so many members on this site and only a handful of the members post anything....I wonder why??? Because most of the #### is posted by out of staters that, once again thinks their #### doesn't stink. Well it DOES. And 99% of the readers don't give a ####.

Please don't tell me that YOU are the reason why you have some bucks, because we all know that is ####. Some people come on here and post pictures constantly showing their island properties and boats, and pwc, rafts, if you have earned it, you would not shove it down peoples throats. You would just enjoy it.

I am so done with this site, and I hope Don the WEBMASTER, makes this a "You have to live in the Lakes Region full time in order to post in this forum website "

98% of you people are just plain PHONY., SHALLOW, AND ONLY THINK OF YOURSELVES.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE NEW HAMPSHIRE THE WAY IT IS, MOVE THE HELL BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM.
I for one say WELL SAID Topwater!!!

I've stated the same in the past myself, if you want the priviledges of NH citizenship, you actually (NO KIDDING) really do need to live here. Even the socialist, liberal, leftist elite that has infiltrated our state can not argue or spin their way around that little detail.
__________________
__________________
__________________
So what have we learned in the past two thousand years?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of Obamunism should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest the Republic become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."

. . .Evidently nothing.

(Cicero, 55 BC augmented by me, 2010 AD)
Yankee is offline  
Old 10-09-2011, 08:21 PM   #40
Mink Islander
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Norwell, MA
Posts: 638
Thanks: 38
Thanked 204 Times in 93 Posts
Default Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
I for one say WELL SAID Topwater!!!

I've stated the same in the past myself, if you want the priviledges of NH citizenship, you actually (NO KIDDING) really do need to live here. Even the socialist, liberal, leftist elite that has infiltrated our state can not argue or spin their way around that little detail.
I think you are confused. We are all citizens of the United States. You are a RESIDENT of NH. And this is a website for people interested in topics important to the Lakes Region. Residency in NH is not a requirement.

Don't like the discussion here by non residents? Go somewhere else. Last I checked WHINEPESAUKEE.COM was still available.
Mink Islander is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Mink Islander For This Useful Post:
Rusty (10-09-2011)
Old 10-09-2011, 08:25 PM   #41
Rusty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,976
Thanks: 587
Thanked 672 Times in 413 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
I for one say WELL SAID Topwater!!!

I've stated the same in the past myself, if you want the priviledges of NH citizenship, you actually (NO KIDDING) really do need to live here. Even the socialist, liberal, leftist elite that has infiltrated our state can not argue or spin their way around that little detail.
You are violating the posting guidelines. Here is what it says about politics:

Posting Guidelines
If you follow these guidelines the moderator will have nothing to do:
Remember that you're on the Winnipesaukee Forum & PhotoPost

Only post messages, pictures and comments that are directly related to Lakes Region topics and activities. No sports, religion, politics or chit-chat please.
Rusty is offline  
Old 10-10-2011, 03:24 AM   #42
Irish mist
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 619
Thanks: 74
Thanked 55 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
Sounds like another case of people demanding multiple primary residences. I thought this issue was decided ages ago. How many times and places does this person think we should be allowed to vote? Perhaps we should all go to his/her voting place and start a lawsuit.
i don't think this is the case. Some condos in Laconia & other cities & towns in NH have a clause that does not allow you to use the unit as a primary residence. There are several such condo conversions right on Route 3 along Paugus Bay & the Weirs. You, or your lawyer should know about this clause on the property before you move in. That's what I believe this announcement concerns. They are not trying to vote in 2 states, but are trying to move to a property in NH that they own & become a resident.

A lot of these properties are small, studio-type units that were converted motels & such.....some are not. I'm sure there is some case law in NH about this situation, but I don't know for sure about that.

My 2cents on this issue: I don't care if you own a converted 300 sq foot condo or a 3,000 sq foot condo.....you should be able to move into that unit & become a NH resident if that is what you desire. You are paying property taxes just like the guy in the next building that does not have this clause on his deed. I understand the cities & towns use these clauses to stop people from dumping their kids in the local school system from what I understand. This "year round seasonal" situation is used in the condo behind Shaw's in Gilford to block the owners from moving there as legal residents & mostly, I suspect, from sending their kids to that school system.

Last edited by Irish mist; 10-10-2011 at 03:54 AM.
Irish mist is offline  
Old 10-10-2011, 05:31 AM   #43
Begonezvous
Senior Member
 
Begonezvous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Tuftonboro
Posts: 50
Thanks: 7
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Default Personal responsibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
There's that important word again. RESPONSIBILITY. You don't keep cranking babies out unless you can afford them. You would think they would learn after a couple. But then again, maybe she is one who knows the more kids she has the more money she will get.
If you are not going to invite me to the party, then don't send me the bill!
Begonezvous is offline  
Old 10-10-2011, 06:06 AM   #44
SteveA
Deceased Member
 
SteveA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gilford, NH
Posts: 2,311
Thanks: 1,070
Thanked 2,053 Times in 496 Posts
Default Yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
Even the socialist, liberal, leftist elite that has infiltrated our state can not argue or spin their way around that little detail.
Wow, how did you miss "effete" and "intellectual" in your rant? You could get your John Birch Society merit badge yanked!

Hate to burst your balloon, but here are the researched facts on welfare in the USA.

http://www.anitra.net/homelessness/c...ightmyths.html

Of course, you can just dismiss all of this actual researched information, because Ronald Reagan didn't say it. He just coined the phrase "Welfare Queens" and then proceeded to raise taxes seven times in his eight years in office.

BTW, Cicero had lot's to say... including this.

"It is a true saying that "One falsehood leads easily to another". "
Cicero
__________________
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry he'll be a mile away and barefoot!" unknown
SteveA is offline  
Old 10-10-2011, 06:55 AM   #45
NBR
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bristol
Posts: 119
Thanks: 0
Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
Default

The major tax source in NH is property, right? When you buy property in NH you should know that, right? Most know the tax load on a piece of property when they purchase, right? Property taxes tend to rise over time, right? Nonresidents may not vote in any local election anywhere, right?

So what's the beef? Sounds like the same issue as those who buy near an airport then gripe about the noise.
NBR is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NBR For This Useful Post:
Jmo77011 (10-10-2011), SteveA (10-10-2011)
Old 10-10-2011, 07:29 AM   #46
TiltonBB
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Gilford, NH and Florida
Posts: 1,269
Thanks: 187
Thanked 672 Times in 269 Posts
Default Boat Docks Too

Don't forget that condo boat docks have been regulated in a similar fashion.

Although the docks are taxed at the same rate as real property (based on their value) as all of the other real estate in town the owners of the boat docks use little in town services.

For example: Mountain View Yacht Club. The owners pay taxes to the town of Gilford but cannot use the town beach, cannot use the town recycling center, don't get rubbish pick up and obviously don't use the school system.

With that being said, everyone who bought a dock knew the rules before they made their purchase.
TiltonBB is online now  
Old 10-10-2011, 08:27 AM   #47
VitaBene
Senior Member
 
VitaBene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Moultonborough
Posts: 3,083
Thanks: 1,232
Thanked 1,364 Times in 679 Posts
Default Still a lot of $

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
Wow, how did you miss "effete" and "intellectual" in your rant? You could get your John Birch Society merit badge yanked!

Hate to burst your balloon, but here are the researched facts on welfare in the USA.

http://www.anitra.net/homelessness/c...ightmyths.html

Of course, you can just dismiss all of this actual researched information, because Ronald Reagan didn't say it. He just coined the phrase "Welfare Queens" and then proceeded to raise taxes seven times in his eight years in office.

BTW, Cicero had lot's to say... including this.

"It is a true saying that "One falsehood leads easily to another". "
Cicero
One of the facts stated was that welfare "only" costs about 2% of the states and federal budget (the Fed budget is 3.5 T, lets round the states off to another $500B for a total of $4,000,000,000,000.00). 2 percent is $80,000,000,000.00 (80 Billion). There is need, but there is a lot of waste.

My wife managed subsidized apartments as part of her portfolio for many years. She saw it all- the good and the bad.

Last edited by VitaBene; 10-10-2011 at 03:07 PM.
VitaBene is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post:
SteveA (10-10-2011)
Old 10-10-2011, 04:23 PM   #48
Bigstan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Waltham, MA / Gilford NH
Posts: 238
Thanks: 4
Thanked 102 Times in 51 Posts
Default Thanks for the info.

I would respond, but I am going home. Now that I know my parents are rich I am going to go shake them down instead of pulling a 10hr day at work on a holiday.

Thanks Top for letting me know that I am a fool for working to pay the bills at my second home when I can simply go visit the parents with my hand out and be given the inheritance that I so richly deserve, and has been held back my whole life.

Problem is, if I put my hand out and said 'gimme' all I would get is a whack to the head and the statement I got my whole life - 'We have money, you don't. Go out and get your own.'

I doubt I am unique......but it's nice to know you think otherwise
Bigstan is offline  
Old 10-10-2011, 05:48 PM   #49
Yankee
Senior Member
 
Yankee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 150
Thanks: 19
Thanked 38 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink Islander View Post
I think you are confused. We are all citizens of the United States. You are a RESIDENT of NH. And this is a website for people interested in topics important to the Lakes Region. Residency in NH is not a requirement.

Don't like the discussion here by non residents? Go somewhere else. Last I checked WHINEPESAUKEE.COM was still available.
I have never,ever insinuated, inferred or said that this website should be limited to the people that live in NH. That would be labeled as descrimination. So you do not like that I have a contrary view? Is this not a PUBLIC forum? Go somewhere else? THAT is decrimination. The last time I checked, the 1st amendment to the US Constitution was still in effect and Lake Wnnipesaukee was still located in NH. Apparently, much to your chagrin.

And I do believe that you need to brush up on definition of the word citizen
Among other things, citizenship earns you the right to vote.

Sheesh!
__________________
__________________
__________________
So what have we learned in the past two thousand years?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of Obamunism should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest the Republic become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."

. . .Evidently nothing.

(Cicero, 55 BC augmented by me, 2010 AD)
Yankee is offline  
Old 10-10-2011, 06:02 PM   #50
Yankee
Senior Member
 
Yankee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 150
Thanks: 19
Thanked 38 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
You are violating the posting guidelines. Here is what it says about politics:

Posting Guidelines
If you follow these guidelines the moderator will have nothing to do:
Remember that you're on the Winnipesaukee Forum & PhotoPost

Only post messages, pictures and comments that are directly related to Lakes Region topics and activities. No sports, religion, politics or chit-chat please.
I will disagree. My posts are still here, so there does not appear to be any "violation" on my part. No PM from the Don. No monitoring of posts. Apparently the moderator DID have nothing to do. Perhaps in "Rusty's" world, but not here in reality.
__________________
__________________
__________________
So what have we learned in the past two thousand years?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of Obamunism should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest the Republic become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."

. . .Evidently nothing.

(Cicero, 55 BC augmented by me, 2010 AD)
Yankee is offline  
Old 10-10-2011, 06:12 PM   #51
Pineedles
Senior Member
 
Pineedles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Moultonborough & CT
Posts: 2,417
Thanks: 949
Thanked 592 Times in 330 Posts
Default

I am not sure where all this anger from everyone came from. Maybe it's the economy. Everyone has a right to vent here, and that's OK. Let's say our piece and move on.
Pineedles is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Pineedles For This Useful Post:
Yankee (10-10-2011)
Old 10-10-2011, 06:38 PM   #52
Yankee
Senior Member
 
Yankee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 150
Thanks: 19
Thanked 38 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
Wow, how did you miss "effete" and "intellectual" in your rant? You could get your John Birch Society merit badge yanked!

Hate to burst your balloon, but here are the researched facts on welfare in the USA.

http://www.anitra.net/homelessness/c...ightmyths.html

Of course, you can just dismiss all of this actual researched information, because Ronald Reagan didn't say it. He just coined the phrase "Welfare Queens" and then proceeded to raise taxes seven times in his eight years in office.

BTW, Cicero had lot's to say... including this.

"It is a true saying that "One falsehood leads easily to another". "
Cicero
With this post one wonders where Rusty is now, although I am not suprised by the silence.

I am a bit mystified how homelessness and Reagan raising taxes is germane to this class action suit discussion, but in addition to having stayed in more than several Holiday Inns I do occasionally read an article or two in The New American. Not that those tidbits are anymore germane.

Oops! More politics, I can feel another pending admonishment from our unofficial political proctor Rusty.
__________________
__________________
__________________
So what have we learned in the past two thousand years?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of Obamunism should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest the Republic become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."

. . .Evidently nothing.

(Cicero, 55 BC augmented by me, 2010 AD)
Yankee is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Yankee For This Useful Post:
SteveA (10-10-2011)
Old 10-10-2011, 06:47 PM   #53
BroadHopper
Senior Member
 
BroadHopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Laconia NH / Bozeman MO
Posts: 4,706
Thanks: 2,223
Thanked 818 Times in 569 Posts
Default back in the mid 80's

The towns use to take into consideration 'summer residence' and tax accordingly. When the education funding mess came on board the state decided to set the tax rates for all towns in the state. Hence the 'view tax' came to being. A blind farmer near Orford NH saw his property tax increase eight fold because his land has mountain views! He took it to court and lost. He eventually went bankrupt because of taxes and sold the farm.

The state argument is that using the 'fair market value' of the property is the right way to base taxation on. Regardless of land use and residency. In other word, 'Tough ****!'

My family lake front taxes has increased 6 fold in 1997. My Dad and other blue collar workers that have worked so hard all their lives had to 'give up their properties. If you remember real estate dropped like flies about the same time. Many folks lost their life investment to 'greedy' flippers. I know one property on my street sold in 1998 for $300,000 and sold in 2005 for $1.3 million! When the economy sank that property was foreclosed. There was an auction and no bids. The bank is expecting $700,000 for the property. My RE guy says the bank will be lucky to get $500,000.

What is funny is that the town access the property at a certain price. If the property is sold for more than accessed price the selling price is the new accessed cost. But if it is sold for less, the accessed value remains the same until a reassessment.
__________________
Someday may never be an actual day.
BroadHopper is offline  
Old 10-10-2011, 07:54 PM   #54
Mink Islander
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Norwell, MA
Posts: 638
Thanks: 38
Thanked 204 Times in 93 Posts
Default Sheesh is right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
I have never,ever insinuated, inferred or said that this website should be limited to the people that live in NH. That would be labeled as descrimination. So you do not like that I have a contrary view? Is this not a PUBLIC forum? Go somewhere else? THAT is decrimination. The last time I checked, the 1st amendment to the US Constitution was still in effect and Lake Wnnipesaukee was still located in NH. Apparently, much to your chagrin.

And I do believe that you need to brush up on definition of the word citizen
Among other things, citizenship earns you the right to vote.

Sheesh!

You DO need a lesson. You can vote in NH because you are a U.S. Citizen (like I suspect everyone is on this forum) AND because you are a RESIDENT of the state and of a specific town within the state too. It's your residency that makes the difference not your citizenry. Duh.

And your resounding (and I mean bolded, caps and big font) "well said" support of Topwater's post that says this site should be for residents only isn't suggesting that you agree with that? Really? Well said. Two words. Seems to imply agreement with the speaker/writer. Call me crazy as Michelle Bachman, but it seems to me it was full throated "I'm with you Bro!!" support for his entire rant, er, i mean post.

Last edited by Mink Islander; 10-11-2011 at 05:33 AM. Reason: typos
Mink Islander is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Mink Islander For This Useful Post:
Rusty (10-11-2011)
Old 10-10-2011, 08:25 PM   #55
Mink Islander
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Norwell, MA
Posts: 638
Thanks: 38
Thanked 204 Times in 93 Posts
Default

What towns ever taxed summer residents differently? I've been in The Lakes Region since 1983 and that's news to me. I agree completely that working class families have been taxed off the lake. Especially apparent with island properties. Family properties owned for generations are sold every year because the tax burden is too much. Reality, sadly.
Mink Islander is offline  
Old 10-11-2011, 11:49 AM   #56
webmaster
Moderator
 
webmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,053
Thanks: 277
Thanked 2,507 Times in 588 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
Is this not a PUBLIC forum? Go somewhere else? THAT is decrimination. The last time I checked, the 1st amendment to the US Constitution was still in effect
Better check your Constitution again. The 1st Amendment protects you from the government (Congress shall make no laws...), not me.

This was covered in this thread on the Support Forum.
webmaster is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post:
Rusty (10-11-2011)
Old 10-11-2011, 05:04 PM   #57
Yankee
Senior Member
 
Yankee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 150
Thanks: 19
Thanked 38 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
Better check your Constitution again. The 1st Amendment protects you from the government (Congress shall make no laws...), not me.

This was covered in this thread on the Support Forum.
Agreed. I do believe that I have abided by forum rules, feel correct me if I am incorrect.
__________________
__________________
__________________
So what have we learned in the past two thousand years?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of Obamunism should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest the Republic become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."

. . .Evidently nothing.

(Cicero, 55 BC augmented by me, 2010 AD)
Yankee is offline  
Old 10-11-2011, 07:37 PM   #58
Yankee
Senior Member
 
Yankee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 150
Thanks: 19
Thanked 38 Times in 23 Posts
Default

[QUOTE=Mink Islander;170238]
Quote:
You DO need a lesson. You can vote in NH because you are a U.S. Citizen (like I suspect everyone is on this forum) AND because you are a RESIDENT of the state and of a specific town within the state too. It's your residency that makes the difference not your citizenry. Duh.
There are full time residents of this state, Mass etc...who do not have the right to vote, or run for public office. Ask anyone who carries a "Permanent Resident Card" and qualifies as a permanent resident. Stop with the semantics already.
Quote:
And your resounding (and I mean bolded, caps and big font) "well said" support of Topwater's post that says this site should be for residents only isn't suggesting that you agree with that? Really? Well said. Two words. Seems to imply agreement with the speaker/writer. Call me crazy as Michelle Bachman, but it seems to me it was full throated "I'm with you Bro!!" support for his entire rant, er, i mean post.
You DO need to read past the capitalized large font. Perhaps you chose to pick out parts of my post as it fits your purposes. Regardless, I did expound upon where I agreed with Topwater in the next the sentence of my post which you conveniently ignore. If I was not clear, my apologies.

I too can do the same thing to you by referring to what you posted:
Quote:
You can vote in NH because you are a U.S. Citizen
Really? Well said. Nine words, two abreviations. Call me crazy...(not going to insult a US Congresswoman, sorry). Seems to me to imply every US citizen can vote here in NH. So every US citizen can vote in NH. I did not know that.

I will ignore the "bro" comment...but not forget it. The Don should take note.

And I am out of this devolved discussion.
__________________
__________________
__________________
So what have we learned in the past two thousand years?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of Obamunism should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest the Republic become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."

. . .Evidently nothing.

(Cicero, 55 BC augmented by me, 2010 AD)
Yankee is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.29033 seconds