Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2011, 10:48 AM   #1
denipal

Unhappy Duck itch!

Our family has been living on Winnipesaukee for over 50 years. We would swim all summer long for hours and hours each day.
I have NEVER gotten duck itch EVER in all of those years and none of my family ever had it either until this labor day weekend.
I was sitting on the back of a jet ski at the shore of our beach with my grandson (15 months) on my lap. I cannot tell you how badly I am covered with duck itch all over my legs.
Thank Goodness my grandson didn't get any.. I am so disappointed. What happened to being able to play at the edge of the shore with sand toys in the shallow water??? Are those days gone?

A few weeks ago we arrived on a friday to find 'goose poop' all over our raft.. I literally had to take a shovel and a trash bag out to the raft and filled the trash bag with it..
what is happening to our Lake??

I love animals and nature . But honestly I am so disappointed to think that my grandchildren would never get to stay for hours in the lake like we used to and enjoy it without the worry of this horrible ITCH.
Isn't it some sort of health hazard???
Can anything be done? What has changed over the years to make this so bad?
WE NEVER EVER FEED the ducks.

thanks for letting me vent. I'd appreciate any input about this problem and how we can solve it.
frustrated in Moultonborough......
denipal is offline   Reply With Quote