Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Weather
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2009, 03:04 PM   #1
Blue Thunder

Default Weather Sunday-Tuesday

Any of our prognosticators care to weigh in on the Sunday to Tuesday timeframe for stormy weather?

BT
Old 02-27-2009, 03:49 PM   #2
corollaman

I heard most of it is gonna be down in the Southeast of NH and along the coast of NH, Mass and Maine. We may just get a dusting to 3 inches here in Laconia. Regardless though, the rain and warm weather today will get rid A LOT of what we have. I'd rather have it snow a lot in March so we maybe we won't get any in April. I remember winter of 2006-2007 we didn't get all that much in Dec, Jan, Feb or March, but we got hit hard with 2 storms in April, one on the 4th I believe, and another on the 15th. That was the year too we got over a foot on Valentine's Day.
corollaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:50 PM   #3
Resident 2B

For now, no big deal on Sunday here at the lake. Tuesday could be interesting. The Sunday event will be weak and out to sea with some snow in the Boston area. The second storm could be the real deal.

It will be windy the next several days.

R2B
Resident 2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:48 PM   #4
This'nThat

Default Winter storm watch Sunday night-Monday

A winter storm watch has just been issued.

Sunday (1 March 09)
Cloudy. A chance of snow in the evening...then snow likely after midnight. Snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible. Lows 12 to 18. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent.

Monday
Snow likely. Additional moderate snow accumulation possible. Highs in the lower 20s. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent.

By comparison, here's the forecast for Manchester:

Sunday Night
Snow...mainly after midnight. Snow accumulation of 4 to 6 inches. Lows around 20. North winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 90 percent.

Monday
Snow. Additional heavy snow accumulation. Cold. Near steady temperature in the lower 20s. North winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 90 percent
This'nThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:21 AM   #5
CanisLupusArctos

Winter storm warning is in effect from Maine to North Carolina this morning as a major snowstorm currently centered off New Jersey makes its way slowly northeast. The northern two-thirds of Alabama and Georgia are now snow-covered, and freeze warnings are in effect for the Gulf Coast as far south as Tampa Florida.

For New England expect snow to continue through most of the day with a 2 hour break beginning within the hour in Providence... around 10 am in Boston... and around 11 am from Portsmouth to Portland. This will be the result of a dry slot showing up on radar to the south or Rhode Island. Behind the dry slot, the snow will re-start.

Snow will taper off to snow showers this evening from south to north. Winds will pick up from the northwest and this will cause blowing and drifting snow. Temperatures will be dropping. The entire east coast will have below normal temperatures for the next 2 days, and the cold will linger for the rest of the week across the northeast.

Snowfall totals so far are variable from place to place... ranging from 4 to 8 inches in ME, NH, MA, RI and CT. Some locations are reporting 11 inches. The heaviest snow will fall along a strip just a few miles inland from the immediate coast, parallel to the coast. That is where an average of a foot will fall with many places getting more.

illness struck at the same time this storm was approaching and made me not even care, or else I would have written something about it earlier!
CanisLupusArctos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CanisLupusArctos For This Useful Post:
ITD (03-02-2009), RLW (03-02-2009), trfour (03-02-2009)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2009, 09:40 AM   #6
BlackCatIslander

Default Hope you are feeling better, CLA

I am curious, since I plan to ski Waterville tomorrow, what is projected for the Waterville/ Loon ski areas?
BlackCatIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:05 AM   #7
fatlazyless

Waterville got less than one inch, just a heavy dusting so far, and it's down to very light flurries now. Not enough to get the town plows or diesel sidewalk sno-thro out, yet?

Mon & Fri are half price days @ WV. At $64, full-price Tuesdays are like a ghost town. The lifts are running with no one on them except for season passers.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:21 AM   #8
gtxrider

Default Snow!

It is snowing here in NJ and the storm seems to be headed up the coast. Saw snow in Newbury, MA on the weather channel. Can't wait to get the old snow blower fired up when I get home from work! Seeing snow in the Alton Bay CAM...
gtxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:59 AM   #9
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatIslander View Post
I am curious, since I plan to ski Waterville tomorrow, what is projected for the Waterville/ Loon ski areas?
It looks to me like the front part of the storm will only bring a few inches in the Waterville area.However,I would expect the backlash portion to probably bring more into tonite.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:02 AM   #10
bilproject

Default What is your snow doing down here????

We got 3" yesterday,10" last night and another 2" this morning and it's still snowing moderately 2 miles from the ocean here in NJ. Looks like 18" to 20" when done. Rain and 50 by Friday.
bilproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:37 PM   #11
ITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanisLupusArctos View Post
......illness struck at the same time this storm was approaching and made me not even care, or else I would have written something about it earlier!
I hope it is nothing more serious than a cold CLA, I enjoy your posts. Get well soon.
ITD is online now   Reply With Quote