Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2004, 07:16 AM   #1
Caruso

Default New Boat Delivery

What is a realistic order to delivery time on a new boat? We ordered ours 7 weeks ago and the dealer says he has not heard from the factory confirming the order. Once he hears from the factory then it is another 6 weeks. Does this sound about right to those that have ordered new boats in the past?
Caruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 10:26 AM   #2
meredith necker

Default new boat delivery

Is it an 04 or an 05? I think it sounds unreal when you say the dealer says he's heard nothing and doesn't even have a confirmation. Is this a reputable dealer? Is he in money trouble? Does he sell a lot of boats and therefore have a good relationship with the boat manufacturer? Is there another dealer that sells the same brand nearby? Is this model maybe a discontinued model? Boat manufacturers are getting into 05 models now. Maybe they don't want to ship one boat to your dealer until they can put together a whole truck load. Is this a major brand of boat? I would be tempted to tell the dealer I wanted to see (not hear) some sort of confirmation or that I wanted my money back. If there is another dealer around then your man could try to buy the boat from his inventory. Good luck!
meredith necker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 10:53 AM   #3
Steve

12 weeks is not uncommon. It took 14 from order to delivery last year for me on a Chaparral. The dealer, many times, won't get confirmation (after the initial placement of the order, that gets confirmed), until about a week before it goes into delivery. Then, it takes the time to build it, and ship to the dealer. This all assumes no delays. I know you don't want to hear it, but I'd say you are on target. What type of boat?
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 11:19 AM   #4
Caruso

Default New Boat Delivery

The boat is a 2004 Chaparral. To the Marina's credit I finally received a call today that gave me some dates and information. He said in two weeks I will get confirmation for any changes to the order then it is 6 weeks from then. He said the factory has a bigger back log then usual. So if all goes well it looks like it will be 14 weeks until delivery. Still a long wait but at least we have information why. Too bad we will miss 4th of July with it, we were looking forward to that.
Caruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 11:54 AM   #5
Steve

Well that confirms what I said. Chaparral is behind. Once he gets confirmation, it's usually safe to assume 2-3 weeks to finish being built, and then 2-3 weeks to ship...your on target.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links