Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2004, 07:55 PM   #1
masssteve

Default NH PWC Decal???

Does anyone know what the NH PWC Decal is? When did it come to be? Do you get one when you register? Thanks!
Old 03-28-2004, 02:00 PM   #2
GP1200R

Default Re: NH PWC Decal???

From what I understand its a sticker that you attach above your registration sticker that indicates your PWC is NOT a ski craft. If your PWC is a 3-seater or more, it is considered a boat and is allowed in certain areas where ski craft (2 or 1 seaters) are not allowed.

For example, my Yamaha GP1200R specs say it is designed for 2 passengers (even though I could probably get 3 people on there), but because of that, I am not allowed to enter such locations like Blackey Cove (check the Bizer map for any location that says "NO SKI CRAFT"). But my Yamaha XL700 is a 3-seater, and if I have the sticker, I can go into the "NO SKI CRAFT" areas without being harassed by Marine Patrol.

From what I understand its just a sticker to let Marine Patrol know your PWC is allowed to go into these areas so that they leave you alone.

If I am incorrect on any of these details, someone please let me know
Old 03-28-2004, 04:04 PM   #3
Island Girl

You may be talking about the decal that you must get if your PWC is designed to hold more than two people. This makes it a boat in NH and the decal identifies it as such. The decal is obtained by applying to the Department of Safety, Division of Motor Vehicles or one of its authorized agents (Marinas, etc.). The decal must be placed directly above the first two letters of the registration number.

(Can you tell I took the boating class this weekend?)

Island Girl
Old 03-28-2004, 05:41 PM   #4
LT

It is a mysterious decal that is referenced in the regulations but does not exist.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:22 PM   #5
Aquadeziac

I had the same question when I bought a PWC last year. There was what is knows as a "PWC3" sticker. Same size as a reg sticker and orange. We had to remove it to refinish the fiberglass and I took that question to DMV when I regestered it. I was told that these stickers were given out for Three Person PWCs so that Marine Patrol could tell at a distance (for restriction porposes, i.e. single and two person machines). I asked what I had to do to get a replacement and was told they were not relaced if they were destroyed, and that if you were stopped, the PWC3 was on the registration. She said she didn't even think I could apply for another one. I never had any problem last year and spoke with several other 3pass. machine owners and they all have never even had stickers.
Sponsored Links