Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
Mike_VT

Default Tommy's Cove - Info Needed

I am looking to rent a house this August and found one located in Tommy's Cove in Meredith. *This is not far from Shep's. If you look at the Bizer map, middle of h and across to the very first part of 5 (there is an insert/enlargement for this area on the map). The house is located just after the label "rock between two buoys" at the end of the cove. **

Can anyone provide me with feedback on the water quality and if the bottom is sandy? It appears to be a deep cove, just trying to avoid weeds and a mucky bottom, the kids would hate that. I appreciate your help. Mike
Mike_VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:09 PM   #2
VitaBene

Thanked 1,601 Times in 821 Posts

Tommy's Cove is a nice spot. It is quiet- a great vacation for the family! The rocks are well marked, just look at your chart.
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:39 PM   #3
Mike_VT

Vita Bene thanks so much, I looks as you have described. Do you have any info on water quality? From the pics I have seen it looks good. I am really just trying to avoid a mucky bottom with weeds. Again thanks so much!
Old 02-26-2012, 04:44 PM   #4
RLW

Thumbs up Welcome to the forum

Mike_VT, I just noticed that you are fairly new to the forum and glad you have joined us. Have fun and enjoy the Winni Forum while making many new friends. I hope you get the answer that you are looking for. I’m sure there are many out there on the forum that will lead you in the right direction.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:00 PM   #5
Barney Bear

Default Tommy's Cove

FLL may be able to help. I believe that he lives near this location.
Barney Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2012, 06:19 PM   #6
Mike_VT

Thanks everyone. I have been using and reading the forum from time to time over a couple of years. What a great resource, I appreciate all the help. Mike
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike_VT For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #7
Fishy Cover

Default Water is great

I live just around the corner and kayak thru Tommy's cove at least once per week. The water quality is excellent, just like the rest of the lake. This cove does not get stagnant or filled with algae. There are a few weeds on the south side of the cove, and I believe that the property owners in the cove are taking steps to eradicate them in early June.

The entire cove is a no wake area so it is quiet and kids can swim and canoe without worry about getting run over. There are several adjoining coves that are also no-wake, quiet and good fishing.
Fishy Cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:48 AM   #8
MikeF-NH

Mike, my "crew" is renting in Tommys Cove for the Spring Derby - maybe the same house as you. It's a gray 3 story with 2 parallel docks on the south side (last on the road I believe). I did read "bring your own drinking water" as the house water is drawn from the lake and not potable. We wont be in the water (intentionally anyhow) in mid-May but I think you already got good intel on the water in the Cove. I haven't been in the house but if you send me your email address, I can send you a review of the property after we finish the weekend (mid-May)
MikeF-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:23 AM   #9
Mike_VT

MikeF-NH The house I am renting is at the beginning of Tommy's cove # 5 just before the house you are renting. thanks
Old 02-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #10
Mike_VT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy Cover View Post
I live just around the corner and kayak thru Tommy's cove at least once per week. The water quality is excellent, just like the rest of the lake. This cove does not get stagnant or filled with algae. There are a few weeds on the south side of the cove, and I believe that the property owners in the cove are taking steps to eradicate them in early June.

The entire cove is a no wake area so it is quiet and kids can swim and canoe without worry about getting run over. There are several adjoining coves that are also no-wake, quiet and good fishing.
Thnaks for the first hand info. The house I am looking to rent is # 5 tommy's cove road. It is at the very beginning of the cove. From the water the house has a u-shaped covered dock with a slide on one side. Are you farmiliar with that spot? Any and all information is appreciated, thanks for all the help! Mike
Old 03-25-2012, 07:10 PM   #11
MikeF-NH

Hi Cristen,
The rock you mention at the end of the cove...is that at the entrance of the cove or at the backend? Will we have to navigate around it to get in to the docks at the gray house?
MikeF-NH is offline   Reply With Quote