Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-27-2013, 07:51 AM   #1
MJM

Default MVM Kudos

I believe in giving accolades where due....we bought a boat from Melvin Village Marina this week, and just plain loved dealing with them. We feel the price was good, the trade-in was the fair value, and everyone we dealt with was terrific.

Sometimes it's the little things too...as we went to leave, we realized we needed a lighting adapter. They had one, but refused to let me pay for it. A nice little touch that cemented my feelings about doing business with them.

Can't wait to spend lots of time on the new (to us) boat!
MJM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MJM For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (06-28-2013), Dave R (06-27-2013), fpartri497 (08-13-2013)
Old 06-29-2013, 12:33 PM   #2
EllyPoinster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJM View Post
I believe in giving accolades where due....we bought a boat from Melvin Village Marina this week, and just plain loved dealing with them. We feel the price was good, the trade-in was the fair value, and everyone we dealt with was terrific
I could have written that - 11 years ago. Nice to see they haven't changed. I still have the boat I bought from MVM but when I need a new one, I'll be back.
EllyPoinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:42 AM   #3
Dog's Ear

We have bought all of our boats over the years from them. Sales and Service are fantastic!!
Dog's Ear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:34 AM   #4
Blue Thunder

Default me too...

14th season on mine. They have performed all of the service and when I'm ready to do it again....I'll be there.

BT
Old 08-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #5
MJM

Default M Vil Marina Awesome

They did it again! I am the originator of this thread, having posted about how great the purchase experience was in dealing with Melvin Village Marina.

Now I'm back to add that their service is fantastic too!

Unfortunately, I encountered one of those darn rocks that just jump out at you.... They took me in immediately, showed me that it wasn't just a damaged prop, but also a bent prop shaft. They even gave us a ride back to the house since the boat was unusable! They had it fixed in 2 days, right at the amount of the Estimate, and just could not have been better to deal with.

Kudos again!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #6
fpartri497

Quote:
I believe in giving accolades where due....we bought a boat from Melvin Village Marina this week, and just plain loved dealing with them. We feel the price was good, the trade-in was the fair value, and everyone we dealt with was terrific.

Sometimes it's the little things too...as we went to leave, we realized we needed a lighting adapter. They had one, but refused to let me pay for it. A nice little touch that cemented my feelings about doing business with them.

Can't wait to spend lots of time on the new (to us) boat!
they don't come any better. and allways go the extra mile for a customer.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:42 PM   #7
Dave R

Quote:
They took me in immediately, showed me that it wasn't just a damaged prop, but also a bent prop shaft.
that's usually worth an insurance claim
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #8
Senter Cove Guy

Default 27 Years And Counting

I bought my 1987 4WINNS 190 Horizon from MVM on Dec 24th, 1986. I've had Melvin Village Marina service my boat ever since and they do a fantastic job. Always prompt, helpful and courteous. Tom, Matt, Erin, Rob and the rest of the crew at MVM are THE BEST. You will NEVER GO WRONG when dealing with them. My boat still runs great. One of these days I'll be buying another 4WINNS from them.

Last edited by Senter Cove Guy; 08-15-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Senter Cove Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:49 PM   #9
MJM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
that's usually worth an insurance claim
Yup...repairs totaled $2,200, insurance covered it except for the $1000 deductible of course...oh, well.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:24 AM   #10
znh

Quote:
They did it again! I am the originator of this thread, having posted about how great the purchase experience was in dealing with Melvin Village Marina.

Now I'm back to add that their service is fantastic too!

Unfortunately, I encountered one of those darn rocks that just jump out at you.... They took me in immediately, showed me that it wasn't just a damaged prop, but also a bent prop shaft. They even gave us a ride back to the house since the boat was unusable! They had it fixed in 2 days, right at the amount of the Estimate, and just could not have been better to deal with.

Kudos again!
Where were you when you hit the rock ? Was it on the chart ? If not did you tell the folks at Bizer about it, they are always updating their charts and love new information that is not on there already...
znh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:00 AM   #11
MJM

Quote:
Originally Posted by znh View Post
Where were you when you hit the rock ? Was it on the chart ? If not did you tell the folks at Bizer about it, they are always updating their charts and love new information that is not on there already...
I'd love to be able to say it was a chart error, but it was mine. I slowed to check the chart to confirm direction, but did so too late... Live and learn, I guess!