Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2010, 05:35 PM   #1
Spider Girl

Default Has anyone found an 8x8 swim platform? Ours is missing!

We finally ventured out to Rattlesnake today to assess what winter had wrought and found that our swimming raft (aluminum frame, cedar decked, with black floats) must have drifted away from its spot on the shore due to the high water and waves. Our name and telephone number are on the aluminum (although I'm not sure if they are still legible). We can also identify it from some work that was done.

If anyone on the Forum has found it, it would make our day! Please send me an email, and I'll make all the arrangements.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:47 PM   #2
martbri7

I was driving Pleasant street in Meredith last week and noticed one in Meredith Bay that looked like a square object way out of place...it was well past Meredith Marina towards Grouse Point area, not sure if it helps I know how far Rattlesnake Island is and would be interested on the route it took if it was yours. Good Luck

Brian
martbri7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:21 PM   #3
lawn psycho

I heard rumor that FLL was recently spotted with some aluminum scraps and was finishing up a new row boat that included ceder seats. Might want to check with him j/k
lawn psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:31 AM   #4
boat_guy64

Default Swim raft

I saw a raft in Meredith Bay last weekend. It came from the Govenor's Island direction. I saw it go past Grouse Point and it was headed towards downtown Meredith. I would guess that it was 8x8, it had black barrels (floats) and I think that it had a grey top.

I saw Marine Patrol towing it (or one that looked just like it) on Sunday morning but didn't see where they took it. You may want to give them a call.
boat_guy64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:09 AM   #5
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
I heard rumor that FLL was recently spotted with some aluminum scraps and was finishing up a new row boat that included ceder seats. Might want to check with him j/k
Used all that pt lumber and aluminum fittings to start the framing for a real indoor outhouse. That outdoors outhouse out back is gett'n old, especially in the winter months!

Say, I noticed that someone up in Conway has an 8' x 8' deck for sale on Craigslist for three hundred dollars. Probably just a coincidence...

Last edited by fatlazyless; 04-12-2010 at 06:41 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2010, 12:24 PM   #6
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Arrow Call Marine Patrol

If you haven't already, call Marine Patrol and ask if anyone has called to report a found raft. It doesn't hurt to give them your details.

We were on the island both last weekend and this past weekend and didn't notice a loose raft. I hope you find it!
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:27 PM   #7
Spider Girl

Default Vagrant swim raft

Thanks for the tips. I did call Marine Patrol, and they did find one in Meredith Bay (wrong direction for our raft given currents -- a more likely scenario is somewhere between Rattlesnake and points NE, E, and SE) which we're going to check out next weekend. I'll let people know if we actually got that lucky.

Please don't hesitate to let me know of any other potential candidates you come across. (I'm staying away from new wooden seats in fishing boats.)
Old 04-13-2010, 08:41 PM   #8
patman

It's a longshot from Rattlesnake, but I heard tonight that a stray washed up at 19 mile beach and is now tied up there.
patman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:02 PM   #9
nightrider

Default missing raft section

I saw a square dock section floating in the middle of Winter Harbor April 1. It had a 12' or 14' aluminum, red and silver colored Lund laying upside down on it.
nightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:05 PM   #10
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Hearing about all this floating valuable debris on the lake, makes me wonder if I need to look into salvage laws on the lake.... I doubt I could make a living at it. But If could make a few hundred dollars a year, by spending a few days on the water after ice out, or high water situation it wouldn't be a bad deal. As it is I already recover stuff every year... just not enough to worry about trying to sell it.... two years ago I snagged a package of life jacket out of the water.... I approached hoping it was a cooler with beer.... man was I disappointed... And last year I came across a Styrofoam cooler.... and was devastated when it was empty.... I mean if you are going to let a cooler fall over board. please be decent enough to leave a brew behind.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:34 AM   #11
chipj29

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
Hearing about all this floating valuable debris on the lake, makes me wonder if I need to look into salvage laws on the lake.... I doubt I could make a living at it. But If could make a few hundred dollars a year, by spending a few days on the water after ice out, or high water situation it wouldn't be a bad deal. As it is I already recover stuff every year... just not enough to worry about trying to sell it.... two years ago I snagged a package of life jacket out of the water.... I approached hoping it was a cooler with beer.... man was I disappointed... And last year I came across a Styrofoam cooler.... and was devastated when it was empty.... I mean if you are going to let a cooler fall over board. please be decent enough to leave a brew behind.
FLL, is that you?