Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 04-23-2016, 01:37 PM   #1
Leoskeys

Default Home water pump repair/replacement

Hello,
Our well/water pump stopped working today. It was working this morning , and the it wasn't. Fuse didn't blow, so maybe it died(it's old). I called Gilfor Well about three hours ago and left a voicemail on their emergency line. We also emailed them. We live in West Alton, right off 11. Any other recommendations? We have two young kids and would like to remedy ASAP!
Leoskeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 03:34 PM   #2
tummyman

Hartley WELL.......603-323-7924 THEY WILL DO THE JOB ASAP. I replaced mine last year....32 years down the pipe and still working, but I replaced it as it was time and I knew it would stop working on a holiday or the worrst time. They did great work, were very competitive in price...about the same as Gilford Well, and were very responsive.
tummyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 04:36 PM   #3
Lakeboater

Default Pressure switch?

Any chance it could just be the pressure switch? Easy to replace and available at Lowe's.
Good luck!
Lakeboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 10:42 AM   #4
Lakeboater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoskeys View Post
Hello,
Our well/water pump stopped working today. It was working this morning , and the it wasn't. Fuse didn't blow, so maybe it died(it's old). I called Gilfor Well about three hours ago and left a voicemail on their emergency line. We also emailed them. We live in West Alton, right off 11. Any other recommendations? We have two young kids and would like to remedy ASAP!
How did you make out? Did you need a new pump or was it something else?
Lakeboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 05:51 AM   #5
Leoskeys

Needed a new pump and tank. They were very old. Gilford Well was quick to respond and are replacing this week.
Leoskeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2016, 05:59 AM   #6
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,154 Times in 901 Posts
Default Gilford Well

I tried to use Gilford Well several times but couldn't get any follow up.

They came out to look at a the possibility of a well and the well salesman said their truck couldn't get into the right position but he would have a system salesman contact me about improvements to my existing system. A month later, when I had not heard from anyone I called and left a message with a secretary and she said someone would call me. No call.

Two weeks later I stopped by their office and waited 15 minutes for them to get someone to come talk to me. I finally gave up and wrote my phone number on a piece of paper and asked them to have someone call me. Ten minutes later one of the owners called and said he would come to my house right then. Great!

When he came to the house I explained that I was surprised how difficult it was to get anyone at his company to follow through. He looked at my existing system and said there were several ways it could be upgraded and even suggested that a second system could be installed. I asked him to give me pricing and options and he agreed to do so. That was over a year ago................I am glad I have not been standing by the mailbox waiting!
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 06:21 AM   #7
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Gilford Well..

I had a problem last fall with a broken water line from my pump standpipe to the house. I had someone (not Gilford Well) recommended to me come out, dug up the water line, and put about a 12-14 inch repair on the line.

My pump was installed in 1976 by my folks, and the well head was in the ground in a well tile.

In the same area as the original break, I had another leak, found just like the first one when we saw water coming out of the ground on our driveway.

I called Gilford Well on a Saturday afternoon on Easter Weekend, and they called me back in about 3 hours. We were not going to be around on Sunday, and had bottled water to drink, and water to flush toilets, so we were good for the rest of the weekend.

Gilford Well came out Monday morning, excavated the water line, cut back the pipe to where it was not brittle, removed the front of the well tile, opened up the top of the well casing, and pulled around 100 ft of well pipe and old pump, plus the electrical wire. They replaced the 100 ft of pipe and wire along with a new pump, and extended the casing to above ground.

They also replaced the pump electrical panel in the house, and re-plumbed the house connection including a water system drain should we ever want to drain down the house.

All work was done in about 5-6 hours. I was very pleased with the work, and while I had been told that Gilford Well would be super expensive, they came in lower than what others told me to expect to pay. Were they cheap? No. Did I feel that I got a good value for the price I paid? Absolutely.

Tilton BB, sorry you didn't have a good response from Gilford Well. Not sure where or how the ball got dropped by them.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:45 AM   #8
Slickcraft

Thanked 2,002 Times in 915 Posts

Our deep well pump died the previous March when there was still a lot of snow left. It was on a Sunday and Gilford Well would have come out however like UP we managed 'till Monday. They had to work in a snow pit that they shoveled out. The pump was about 100' down in the well. They replaced the pump, wiring and pressure switch in short order. Not cheap as UP noted however we were happy with the service and end result.
Slickcraft is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slickcraft For This Useful Post:
upthesaukee (04-26-2016)