Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Automotive
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2015, 01:27 PM   #1
TheProfessor

Default Tire Warehouse - Monroe

The Tire Warehouse chain has be sold to Monro Muffler and Brake.
Not sure what will happen to the franchise Tire Warehouse shops.

Not to be confused with Monroe Shocks and Struts - a completely different company.

For tires and alignment I found the Laconia Tire Warehouse to be the best when purchasing such.

The Tire Warehouse in Laconia uses a "load" balancing machine - that simulates the weight of the car. Sounds like a better machine. I do not know enough about tires and balancing machines but I have always received the best at Tire Warehouse.

So now it will turn into a big chain type of store. Which to me is usually not for the better - from a customer perspective.
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 08:23 PM   #2
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

As best I know, they were already affiliated. The clerk at my local Monro said so over a year ago.
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 08:39 AM   #3
chasedawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProfessor View Post
The Tire Warehouse chain has be sold to Monro Muffler and Brake.
Not sure what will happen to the franchise Tire Warehouse shops.

Not to be confused with Monroe Shocks and Struts - a completely different company.

For tires and alignment I found the Laconia Tire Warehouse to be the best when purchasing such.

The Tire Warehouse in Laconia uses a "load" balancing machine - that simulates the weight of the car. Sounds like a better machine. I do not know enough about tires and balancing machines but I have always received the best at Tire Warehouse.

So now it will turn into a big chain type of store. Which to me is usually not for the better - from a customer perspective.
Looking to buy tires for a Honda and Silverado. Where are some of the other tire outlets that provide a good price and service in the Lakes Region?
chasedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 12:03 PM   #4
winni83

Default Tires

Had a very good expereince recently with Northeast Tire in Belmont/Laconia for my wife's Honda Accord. Between Belknap Mall and Major Brands.
winni83 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winni83 For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (10-11-2015), chasedawg (10-09-2015)
Old 10-09-2015, 02:13 PM   #5
Knomad

Northern Tire in Ossipee or the Tire Guys in Farmington are both excellent.
Knomad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Knomad For This Useful Post:
chasedawg (10-09-2015)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2015, 11:43 AM   #6
nhcatrider

Stratham Tire in Laconia has been very good to us over the past several years.
nhcatrider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nhcatrider For This Useful Post:
chasedawg (10-10-2015)
Old 10-13-2015, 10:51 AM   #7
fatlazyless

Default .... Goodyear Viva-3

The Plymouth Wal-Mart has Goodyear Viva-3 tires which is like getting a 100-dollar tire for 67-dollars. Only Wal-Mart sells the Viva-3 because Wal-Mart made a Viva-3 tire deal with Goodyear that makes it an entirely Wal-Mart tire. Buying your tires at Wal-Mart also gets you free tire rotation and free balancing for these tires, as long as you own them. It opens at 7:00-am, seven days/week, and does oil & filter changes for as low as $19.88. Tilton Wal-Mart has a bigger selection of tires than at Plymouth Wal-Mart. Four Viva-3's installed may cost you about $318 total, including everything; installed-balanced-disposal, depending on the size of your car's wheels.

Free Wifi happens inside the big Tilton Wal-Mart, but not yet in Plymouth, afaIk!

The Viva-3 isn't a performance tire, just a 60,000 mile tire for safe driving; it's black, round and looks like a tire .....ha-ha-ha .... and can be studded for an extra 8-dollars, and available with a much more aggressive winter tread if you want to run two sets of four tires or something, or if you live on Lower Beech Hill Rd, Campton; summer and winter.

Unfortunately, due to the 2012 elimination of the 30-dollar annual registration surcharge voted with the infinite wisdom of the 2012-NH legislature, which left the state with a 35-million dollar yearly highway shortfall, the NH State Police have been running on Viva-3 tires since about 2013 and have been pleasantly surprised with the performance ....ho-ho-ho.....it's a Dodge Charger running w/ Viva-3's ..... omg! And good grief....right now there are legislative minds hard at work, down in Concord, designing the so-called 'Prius Tax' as the plan to solve this 35m/yr hgwy shortfall?

Last edited by fatlazyless; 10-14-2015 at 08:13 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote