Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-15-2014, 05:55 PM   #1
palermo

Default Catholic Church ?

Does anyone know if there is a Catholic Church within walking distance of any of the town public docks (weirs, Meredith, Wolfboro, or Alton Bay)

Thanks
palermo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:47 PM   #2
dlucas10

I do not believe there is. St. Katherine Drexel serves the Alton/Wolfeboro communities and looking at Google Maps is a little distance from Alton Bay on Rt. 28. The parish in Laconia is St. Andre Bessette and that's a little ways away. The parish in Meredith is St. Charles Borromeo and that's on Rt. 25 and there doesn't seem to be any docks near it to be able to walk to it. Maybe call one of the parishes and see if they have someone that might be able to pick you up before mass?

Just a thought...

Hopefully you're able to figure something out!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
dlucas10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:24 PM   #3
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts
Default Hmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by palermo View Post
Does anyone know if there is a Catholic Church within walking distance of any of the town public docks (weirs, Meredith, Wolfboro, or Alton Bay)

Thanks

Long time lurker.....................One post about the Catholic Church.

Does he have an agenda to promote the Catholic Church? Seems suspicious!

Last edited by TiltonBB; 07-16-2014 at 09:58 AM.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post:
Winnilifer (07-16-2014)
Old 07-15-2014, 07:42 PM   #4
garysanfran

Default Nice Jeeeez!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
Long time lurker.....................One post about the Catholic Church.

Does he have an agenda to promote the Catholic Church? Seems suspicious!

What's the nature of your intolerance? An agenda to promote the Catholic Church! And you think he has been setting up, and plotting this question, since he joined in Sept. 2010?

What if he was looking for a mosque?
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:22 PM   #5
Oletimer

Talking Lurker idiot.

TiltonBB- must be related to Eric Holder-same dna anyway. Must be a democrat too.
Oletimer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oletimer For This Useful Post:
wickedtravelah (07-16-2014)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2014, 08:39 PM   #6
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysanfran View Post
What's the nature of your intolerance? An agenda to promote the Catholic Church! And you think he has been setting up, and plotting this question, since he joined in Sept. 2010?

What if he was looking for a mosque?
It certainly fits the MO of other church promotors on similar forums. One forum I'm on for people who do bottlecap restorations had a guy lurking for 23 years before he finally asked his question about where to find a local church when he was traveling. It was insane, almost brought the whole forum down until we put a lid on it.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:24 PM   #7
Major problem

I've gotta apologize as I've been lurking here for many years without comment but, I have to ask about "bottle cap restoration".

I've discarded many a bottle cap without a second thought. It never occurred to me that these caps could be restored! The fact that a forum dedicated to that very task has been in existence for decades fascinates me and has led me to break my lurker behavioral pattern and dare to ask a question here.
Major problem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:35 PM   #8
RLW

Smile Hey palermo welcome

palermo, I just noticed that you are fairly new to posting on the forum after joining back in Sept 2010. We are glad that you have come aboard and joined us. Have fun and enjoy the Winni Forum while making many new friends.

It is sounding that it is difficult chore to find a church of your choice within walking distance from a boat landing. Best of luck.

Old 07-15-2014, 10:55 PM   #9
Newbiesaukee

I think we have finally entered the twilight zone with this thread. I can't tell what is real and what is fantasy.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:55 AM   #10
palermo

Folks ,
I am just looking for a Church (close to the docks) for my wife and I to attend on the occasional Sunday morning that we are up at the lake. We keep our boat on a slip over in Gilford and instead of having to drive the car to Church I was hoping we could just take a boat ride someplace and have breakfast, etc.

No hidden agenda.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to palermo For This Useful Post:
brk-lnt (07-16-2014), Resident 2B (07-16-2014)
Old 07-16-2014, 06:47 AM   #11
Bizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by palermo View Post
Folks, I am just looking for a Church (close to the docks) for my wife and I to attend on the occasional Sunday morning that we are up at the lake. ...
St. Johns Chapel on Bear Island holds a different religious service each Sunday. They have a pier for docking. A Catholic mass is scheduled for August 10th, which meets your "occasional" criterion. http://stjohnsonthelake.org/
Bizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:29 AM   #12
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts
Default Humor!

OK.....................If you didn't see the smiley.............it was humor.

After all of the debate on this site over postings about restaurants by newbies and the allegations of an agenda to promote or discredit places, I thought I would joke about it.

I apologize if it was not funny to some.

Last edited by TiltonBB; 07-16-2014 at 09:56 AM.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:16 AM   #13
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizer View Post
St. Johns Chapel on Bear Island holds a different religious service each Sunday. They have a pier for docking. A Catholic mass is scheduled for August 10th, which meets your "occasional" criterion. http://stjohnsonthelake.org/
It's really a neat experience to go to church there - a short walk from the docks on the south west corner of Bear and thankfully the logistics keep the services fairly conservative in nature. IE no "rock band" nonsense...
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:33 AM   #14
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major problem View Post
I've gotta apologize as I've been lurking here for many years without comment but, I have to ask about "bottle cap restoration".

I've discarded many a bottle cap without a second thought. It never occurred to me that these caps could be restored! The fact that a forum dedicated to that very task has been in existence for decades fascinates me and has led me to break my lurker behavioral pattern and dare to ask a question here.
Major... I'm happy to know I drew you out of lurking with my comment. It was complete satire, since people didn't seem to get TiltonBB's post, I figured I'd throw out an even more extreme one. To my knowledge there are no bottle cap restorers or forums for such. Then again, maybe it's a market waiting to be exploited. Perhaps you should start a bottle cap restoration club
Major problem (07-16-2014), TiltonBB (07-16-2014)
Old 07-16-2014, 10:37 AM   #15
palermo

Thank you for the information
Old 07-16-2014, 12:38 PM   #16
WakeboardMom

We love the church on Bear Island and go to the Catholic Mass almost every year. Last year the priest was kind enough to help us celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary with a renewal of our vows during the Mass.

When my kids were little we used to go to Center Harbor by boat on a Sunday morning and walk up to Our Lady of Victory. We miss that church.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:41 PM   #17
Merrymeeting

Palermo,

When you do make it to church, please pray for several of the posters on this thread. They clearly need the help!
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Merrymeeting For This Useful Post:
Broken Glass (07-16-2014), chasedawg (07-16-2014), Chaselady (07-16-2014), Elizabeth2 (07-27-2014), Newbiesaukee (07-16-2014), Scott's Yott (07-16-2014), WakeboardMom (07-16-2014), wickedtravelah (07-17-2014)
Old 07-16-2014, 10:08 PM   #18
chasedawg

Thank you Merrymeeting for trying to save some of the posters on this forum. Seriously folks this forum is turning into some very darken sarcastic comments that are very negative, add no value and seem to be attacking people who ask a question and want to know.

Example the drowning question...awful... go read the posts. Another Someone wants to go to church by boat...just read the posts...they are accused of hiding in the weeds. Why ask these challenging questions. It doesn't bring any valued value and no new helpful information for others.

Before you post, understand your reason to post. Is it going to benefit anyone or is just benefiting yourself.

Sorry folks I have been hiding in the weeds too long so to speak and I had to come out and speak out because there is great value in this forum. But lately, IMO, it s heading in the wrong direction. Most of the comments are fun and very informative and other at times it is very depressing and truly uncalled for.

So there... I got it off my chest. Now rip me apart or/and move to better times and having fun on the Winni forum.
chasedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chasedawg For This Useful Post:
Elizabeth2 (07-27-2014)
Old 07-17-2014, 06:56 AM   #19
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedawg View Post
Thank you Merrymeeting for trying to save some of the posters on this forum. Seriously folks this forum is turning into some very darken sarcastic comments that are very negative, add no value and seem to be attacking people who ask a question and want to know.

Example the drowning question...awful... go read the posts. Another Someone wants to go to church by boat...just read the posts...they are accused of hiding in the weeds. Why ask these challenging questions. It doesn't bring any valued value and no new helpful information for others.

Before you post, understand your reason to post. Is it going to benefit anyone or is just benefiting yourself.

Sorry folks I have been hiding in the weeds too long so to speak and I had to come out and speak out because there is great value in this forum. But lately, IMO, it s heading in the wrong direction. Most of the comments are fun and very informative and other at times it is very depressing and truly uncalled for.

So there... I got it off my chest. Now rip me apart or/and move to better times and having fun on the Winni forum.
No, you are exactly right. There is no need to attack. It's too bad people do that. You should NOT be ripped apart for your post. At least people on this forum are not forever correcting typos or incorrect grammar.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tis For This Useful Post:
chasedawg (07-17-2014), Elizabeth2 (07-27-2014)