Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-04-2016, 02:01 PM   #1
DRH

Thumbs up What a Weekend!

The weather could not have been better this July 4 weekend!

Here's an image the Echo Shores Webcam just captured of people enjoing the holiday on the lake:

BaileyBecca (07-05-2016), Smith Point (07-06-2016), trfour (07-08-2016)
Old 07-04-2016, 05:12 PM   #2
DesertDweller

Temperature was great but winds not so much on Saturday and Sunday. That picture you took was where a lot of people were hiding from the wind.
DesertDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 05:47 PM   #3
DRH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDweller View Post
Temperature was great but winds not so much on Saturday and Sunday. That picture you took was where a lot of people were hiding from the wind.
I don't think anyone needed to "hide" from the wind in the West Alton area today. The people in the photo were not hiding, they were enjoying a beautiful day today where we had virtually no wind at all.
Old 07-04-2016, 06:16 PM   #4
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDweller View Post
Saturday was wicked with the wind...my little 19 ft bowrider was getting knocked around all afternoon. Morning was pleasant though.
Next season we'll be on a tri-toon so we can cut that chop!
Best part of the day was launching at sunrise from Shep's, toodling over to Meredith to pick up passengers then cruising leisurely to Center harbor for Piccolo's pizza...yum!
Getting my trailer out of the Shep's "town trailer parking lot" was another story all together...many vehicles with trailers were totally, blocked in by non trailer vehicles...my first and last time going out of there...
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 05:53 AM   #5
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default The weekend

Have not been out on a 4th weekend in a looong time because of the crowd. Friday, Saturday and Sunday was nice as the wind did a great job with crowd control. I enjoyed hopping the Broads.

There was a serious hit and run shortly after noon Saturday while I was away. A witness says a big pontoon boat ran up the back of my boat under power! There was a lot of gel coat damage, slice my swim platform and bent a metal railing on the transom of the boat. The driver took off. The only witness who came up to me never thought of taking the bow numbers but did describe the boat, possibly a rental. I just can't understand that only one person spoke up and there are dozens of people at the scene! I filed reports with marine patrol and local police. Any one with info please PM me or the marine patrol.

Stayed off the lake yesterday, looks like it was chaos!
Old 07-05-2016, 06:05 AM   #6
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Have not been out on a 4th weekend in a looong time because of the crowd. Friday, Saturday and Sunday was nice as the wind did a great job with crowd control. I enjoyed hopping the Broads.

There was a serious hit and run shortly after noon Saturday while I was away. A witness says a big pontoon boat ran up the back of my boat under power! There was a lot of gel coat damage, slice my swim platform and bent a metal railing on the transom of the boat. The driver took off. The only witness who came up to me never thought of taking the bow numbers but did describe the boat, possibly a rental. I just can't understand that only one person spoke up and there are dozens of people at the scene! I filed reports with marine patrol and local police. Any one with info please PM me or the marine patrol.

Stayed off the lake yesterday, looks like it was chaos!
It might help if you posted more information if you have it:

Location of your boat.
Approximate time of the incident.
Description of the other boat as best you can.
Number of passengers in the other boat.

It may jog someone's memory who saw the other boat at some point during the day. If you thought it was a rental you can check with the rental companies and see if they had any boats returned with damage.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:36 AM   #7
codeman671

We were out Friday afternoon, all day Saturday and yesterday. I didn't find the wind on Saturday unmanageable. In fact I was surprised how dead the lake was. We stayed in the Gilford/Laconia/Meredith area all day, never got a chance to venture down towards Alton.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 01:33 PM   #8
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
We were out Friday afternoon, all day Saturday and yesterday. I didn't find the wind on Saturday unmanageable. In fact I was surprised how dead the lake was. We stayed in the Gilford/Laconia/Meredith area all day, never got a chance to venture down towards Alton.
I guess that's where we should have stayed...Melvin Bay and the route back to Shep's was choppy as hell...
Old 07-05-2016, 02:09 PM   #9
BroadHopper

Default Thurston's

Called all the rental places this morning. Thurston is the only marina renting the boat with the description. They claim no one reported an accident and they found no damages on the pontoon. DUH! What renter will tell them about a hit and run and those aluminum pontoons are tough as nails! Any way they will not file a report as I really do not have specific proof it was their boat.

Getting an estimate and hopefully insurance will cover the damages.
Old 07-05-2016, 02:17 PM   #10
ishoot308

Thanked 4,937 Times in 1,913 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Called all the rental places this morning. Thurston is the only marina renting the boat with the description. They claim no one reported an accident and they found no damages on the pontoon. DUH! What renter will tell them about a hit and run and those aluminum pontoons are tough as nails! Any way they will not file a report as I really do not have specific proof it was their boat.

Getting an estimate and hopefully insurance will cover the damages.
Broadhopper,

It would help if you would give the description of the pontoon. Obviously since it fits Thurstons rentals it has a description... what is exactly is that description. I am pretty much familiar with every pontoon rental on the lake and could possibly help narrow it down.

Also where did it happen? Were you at a public dock, sandbar, etc, etc.

The more information you can share the more help you will be able to get.

Dan
Old 07-05-2016, 08:28 PM   #11
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Broadhopper,

It would help if you would give the description of the pontoon. Obviously since it fits Thurstons rentals it has a description... what is exactly is that description. I am pretty much familiar with every pontoon rental on the lake and could possibly help narrow it down.

Also where did it happen? Were you at a public dock, sandbar, etc, etc.

The more information you can share the more help you will be able to get.

Dan
This is what they rent...Starcraft 25' tritoon 150 hp Evinrude I believe.
Attached Images

Old 07-07-2016, 06:52 PM   #12
Kerk

Default Boat Damage ?

Melvin Village rents out Pontoon Boats if that is of any help.
Kerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 07:57 PM   #13
BroadHopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
This is what they rent...Starcraft 25' tritoon 150 hp Evinrude I believe.
This fit the description the witnesses gave. Accident occurred at the Wolfeboro public dock to the right of the gazebo looking inland at about 11:45 to 2 PM Saturday. They 25' length was approximate and it was a large StarCraft with a 150 'rude.

The marine patrol can determine the owners of all StarCraft with 150 through registration but they will no divulge the information. Nor how many.

The repair estimate is over $2500. Hopefully I only have to pay the $500 deductible and insurance will pay the rest. If someone is honest enough to admit the ramming of my boat, then all is forgiven and I would not have to pay the deductible.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:56 AM   #14
tis

Thanked 1,379 Times in 955 Posts

After sitting at the Cate Park Band concert Wed. night, I decided I would have to be pretty desperate to dock my boat at the town docks. If I did, I would never leave it alone. Let's see, how many boats got hit?????
tis is offline   Reply With Quote