Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2018, 09:23 AM   #1
bigdog

Default Need Shutters and Gutters ?

I plan to have Gutters and Shutters installed on the house.

I don't wish to go the Home Depot or Lowes route (maybe for purchase ?).

Suggestions on where to buy, and installers for each ?
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:36 AM   #2
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

I'm also in the market for seamless gutters.
Biggd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:54 AM   #3
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Go with the seamless ones, makes a huge difference and well worth the added cost which actually isn't quite as bad as you would think. Seamless they make to fit right on site at least the guys I used did that (out of business now)

The fun part is keeping them clear of leaves and debris!
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 11:01 AM   #4
AC2717

I just finished up construction last year. I decided to not go with gutters due to ice dams and possible damage. Instead I put a rain diverter on the roof above doors and a couple windows and then when with a deep thick layer of crushed stone around the building
Old 05-23-2018, 11:32 AM   #5
RoBe

Thumbs up

We used Lakes Region Gutters in Belmont a few years ago for seamless gutters and downspouts. Great work, fair price, nice people. They installed my shutters too...
RoBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2018, 11:34 AM   #6
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2717 View Post
I just finished up construction last year. I decided to not go with gutters due to ice dams and possible damage. Instead I put a rain diverter on the roof above doors and a couple windows and then when with a deep thick layer of crushed stone around the building
I did the same thing on my new build last year. Very easy for the weight of ice and wet snow to build and pull the gutters away from the house especially when the snow builds on the roof and slides off.
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 12:48 PM   #7
Biggd

I don't have gutters on my house and I have a steep pitch metal roof. The biggest issue I have is the build up of snow around the house. I have barn board siding that is rotting away 2 feet up because it stays wet all year long.
This is my "to do" list but I think gutters will help with this issue.
Old 05-23-2018, 01:11 PM   #8
joey2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
I don't have gutters on my house and I have a steep pitch metal roof. The biggest issue I have is the build up of snow around the house. I have barn board siding that is rotting away 2 feet up because it stays wet all year long.

This is my "to do" list but I think gutters will help with this issue.

I also have a metal roof. What about snow guards in key areas like over the doors and garage?

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Old 05-23-2018, 01:21 PM   #9
Biggd

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
I also have a metal roof. What about snow guards in key areas like over the doors and garage?

My roof is so steep I'm not even sure gutters will make a difference in the winter. I get a 4 plus foot build up of snow against the front and back of my house which lasts all winter long. And in front of my garages the water runs off the roof and builds up in front of my garage doors. Then the water ends up in my garage when it rains because there is a mound of ice there and I can't get my doors open because they are frozen to the floor. I have to try something because the way it is, is just not working for me.
I've decided that rather than reside the house I'm just going to cut up 2 or 3 feet and just reside the bottom in board and baton style wainscoting. I'm going to use pressure treated wood, let it dry for the summer, then stain it with an oil base stain. I really like the barn board look so I want to try to keep that rustic style.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:02 PM   #10
joey2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
My roof is so steep I'm not even sure gutters will make a difference in the winter. I get a 4 plus foot build up of snow against the front and back of my house which lasts all winter long. And in front of my garages the water runs off the roof and builds up in front of my garage doors. Then the water ends up in my garage when it rains because there is a mound of ice there and I can't get my doors open because they are frozen to the floor. I have to try something because the way it is, is just not working for me.
I've decided that rather than reside the house I'm just going to cut up 2 or 3 feet and just reside the bottom in board and baton style wainscoting. I'm going to use pressure treated wood, let it dry for the summer, then stain it with an oil base stain. I really like the barn board look so I want to try to keep that rustic style.

Maybe see if Hardy Board has something similar. It would be less maintenance and water resistant

The Following User Says Thank You to joey2665 For This Useful Post:
Biggd (05-23-2018)