Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2021, 08:11 AM   #1
fatlazyless

Default ...... steal-of-a-deal, old, beat-up lumber???

Hmmmmmmm ...... hmmmm ...... hmmmm ..... makes me wonder ..... about ..... how, last fall, sometime in October I had six pieces of old construction lumber mysteriously disappear from my side yard where they had been temporarily stored; one 2"x6"x10', two 2"x10"x10', and three 2"x4"x10', all stained with dark brown, solid latex stain ..... which I have been using and reusing for the prior 15-years or so for installing and removing my aluminum dock and boat lift up and down the six foot high, rocky, steep embankment and into Lake Winnipesaukee for use as a seasonal boat dock.

So ...... everyone on-board here ...... please be on the look-out for these six pieces of construction lumber that are old, punky, full of old screw holes from years of re-use, and stained dark brown which ...... apparently ....... some unknown person or persons ...... swiped ..... from my side yard. Each and every year for something like the last 15-years, I would assemble and dis-assemble these big boards, with about 18 long screws into a ramp that's 10'x10' for raising and lowering all the different dock sections with the help of a pow'r pull so these boards have a lot of wear and tear and different, old screw holes.

Is highly unlikely these boards that all-together must weigh about 50-75 lbs could have been removed by a black bear or a local beaver ..... so's they must have been taken by someone looking to get some construction lumber ...... although very old, weathered and all beat up ...... at a steal-of-a-deal type of a price! ....

And, replacing them in November with all new, same size boards from Lowe's cost me about $85 what with the big increase in lumber prices. ...

Last edited by fatlazyless; 03-14-2021 at 08:00 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote