Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-06-2009, 02:53 PM   #1
southerncomfort

Thumbs up karen and barrys bistro

I would like to know why k & b is not doing well. I was in there last sat only 3 partys all night. Their food is great! Karen may be a little cranky every so often but u have to look past that. The food is very well priced and it is good size. So get the word out go to k & b so they can stay open. I would hate to see them close
southerncomfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:23 AM   #2
VitaBene

Thanked 1,601 Times in 821 Posts
Default I don't know why

It may just be the general malaise that is affecting the entire industry- it is tough out there.

We have enjoyed Karen and Barry's food on several occasions- the food and service were top notch!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:11 AM   #3
dpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncomfort View Post
I would like to know why k & b is not doing well. I was in there last sat only 3 partys all night. Their food is great! Karen may be a little cranky every so often but u have to look past that. The food is very well priced and it is good size. So get the word out go to k & b so they can stay open. I would hate to see them close
To many places out there to spend my money than to have the owner "cranky" with me. Don't get me wrong I don't expect someone to kiss my !@#$% but c'mon...Cranky!!
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:24 AM   #4
karen47

Default karen & barry's

I want to thank all my customers that have written nice things about us. It makes me feel good about what we are doing here. Being in this business can be a thankless job, but when my customers come down to the kitchen and tell me how much they enjoy everything that is the greatest feeling in the world, and I hope you will be my customers for along time to come and yes we are struggling right now but I think alot of other restaurants are struggling right now to. When your in a bad economy the first thing that people cut out is going out to restaurants,plus we have one strike against us and that is that we are on a back road and not out in front by the bay, think about it if you ever see anything about Meredith it is always about down towards the bay they never say anything about the main street. I have advertized in the paper and radio and it helps a little but not a lot so all I can hope for is word of mouth. I still have customers that have told me that they live 3 or 4 streets down and never knew we were here until there friends tell them about us plus I have had people tell me that they did not think the building was as big as it is because they are floored when they see we have a full bar and a screened in porch that seats 22 people. I have been here for 9 years and my wife and I dont plan on going anywhere.We are trying different specials like now we have on sunday, monday and tuesday anything on the menu is $10.95 and includes soup or salad, plus I am in the process of writing out new menus and adding some new items. A little self promotion!!! also I want to address something that southern comfort said about my wife being cranky and overlooking that, and then someone who has never been here said something sarcastic about that, That is not a fair judgement of my wife what you dont relize is when we get busy she is trying to get peoples orders and then has to go and get there drinks and bread and make sure no one waits, right now business is to slow to hire someone so my wife and I do everything and I think people mis judge her because she is trying to keep everyone happy so she does not have time to talk with everyone.Please dont judge her that way. Once we get into the summer we will have more help like bartenders and waitstaff. Anyone reading this give us a try and I think you will enjoy yourself. And to all our regulars my wife and I thank you for staying with us Barry and Karen
karen47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to karen47 For This Useful Post:
Dogberry01 (04-29-2011), Resident 2B (05-08-2009), wMw (05-16-2009)
Old 05-07-2009, 11:42 AM   #5
jrc

Barry
We eat in Meredith a lot during boating season and we love Italian food, we visit Guiseppe's often.

I see your sign near the crosswalk and sometimes talk about trying out your place. But I always seem to remember posts like the previous where someone says something backhanded about your place.

This year I'm going to make a point of trying your place. Be warned that my wife really is cranky, so let's hope yours is not

Have you considered coupons to drag people up the hill? I bet if you went down to the docks and nearby parking area and placed coupons (free app or some nominal discount) on cars and boats, you would get some business. How about some ads on this website, more than a few boaters here?
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2009, 03:25 PM   #6
Winnigirl83

Default Great Italian Food

We love K&Bs!

For the record, I've never thought Karen was "cranky". If you get a chance to talk with her, you'll find her very personable with a great sense of humor (usually self deprecating ). If you want good Italian food without pretension, go them a try.

There is a public lot behind the building if you can't find on street parking.

And now for the gratuitous disclaimer: I'm not related to the food industry, I just like to go out to eat.
Winnigirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:45 PM   #7
Hermit Cover

Default Thanks, Barry....and Karen

It's always nice to hear from owners (chefs) as they talk about their restaurants and menus. Always a favorite with the "Cover's" we've found the Bistro welcoming and always a great place to go for a good dinner....coupled with great value. Tough times these days for restaurants...but Karen and Barry's is a sure bet for a couple or a group....the food is tasty, plentiful and Karen is always on the spot when it comes to service.......I don't think she ever intended to be the entertainment....Try this place and see what you think....it has lots of loyal friends and customers.
Hermit Cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:04 PM   #8
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Question We'll Try and Stop In Soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen47 View Post
Anyone reading this give us a try and I think you will enjoy yourself. And to all our regulars my wife and I thank you for staying with us Barry and Karen
Anything special going on at B&K's for Mother's Day?
The food on your menu looks pretty delicious!
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:25 PM   #9
Silver Duck

RG

There's always something special going on there; it's called the food! In all seriousness, to me, my first taste of Barry's cooking for the season is right up there with my first sighting of the lake or my first boat ride. I can't imagine why there isn't always a line out the door waiting to get seated.

Silver Duck
Silver Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:58 AM   #10
Lynnio

Default Looking forward to trying Karen & Barry's

My husband and I just bought a house in Lakeport and are moving very shortly... I came across an ad for Karen & Barry's while I was reading the Laconia Daily Sun online, and we plan on making the short trip to Meredith to try Karen & Barry's sometime soon!
Lynnio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:46 AM   #11
no-engine

Please don't hesitate to visit other Meredith businesses; if they are not open, gaze in the windows! No big "box" stores, just special services & products.
no-engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:54 PM   #12
southerncomfort

Smile k bs bistro

Maybe cranky was a bad word and i am sorry for that. I am your biggest fan i have been telling people since day 1. It is the best food on the lake and karen always treats me right..so all i can say is i hope u guys are around for 10 more years. And far as the person or persons that feel there are to many orther places they are missing out on the best food! I will eat there many times this summer so anybody looking for great food dont miss out!
P.S karen is really a sweet heart and barry really can cook!

southerncomfort
southerncomfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 06:41 PM   #13
mets3007

We went there once probably about 2006 or 2007 we did not have any problems with Karen at all but the food just was not the way we liked it not that it was bad but just a lil too garlicy for our liking but it was not bad.
mets3007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:27 PM   #14
BBS2

Default Hours

What are your hours?
BBS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:10 AM   #15
wMw

Default I love to EAT AT Karen & Barry's...

Finally had a Friday night off! Housemate and I went to Karen & Barry's for dinner and it was as good as I remember. I apologized to Karen for not having been in for a while and we commiserated about the poor economy. In spite of business being slow Karen was quite cheerful.

I tried to save part of my dinner to take for lunch today, but it was soooo good that it just kept disappearing...bite by bite.

I try to take all my summer guests to this restaurant. My mom was suprised at how good the fried scallops are...she liked them even more than those at Pop's Clam Shack and she really likes Pop's. With all the restaurant choices in the Gilford/Laconia/Meredith area, my sister, who usually will vote to try any new-to-us restaurant, always wants to eat at Karen & Barry's whenever she visits.

Dear Karen & Barry...I will try to make my next visit sooner

Sing...Dance...Love...Live deliberately!!!
wMw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wMw For This Useful Post:
trfour (05-17-2009)
Old 05-17-2009, 01:01 AM   #16
trfour

Quote:
Originally Posted by wMw View Post
Finally had a Friday night off! Housemate and I went to Karen & Barry's for dinner and it was as good as I remember. I apologized to Karen for not having been in for a while and we commiserated about the poor economy. In spite of business being slow Karen was quite cheerful.

I tried to save part of my dinner to take for lunch today, but it was soooo good that it just kept disappearing...bite by bite.

I try to take all my summer guests to this restaurant. My mom was suprised at how good the fried scallops are...she liked them even more than those at Pop's Clam Shack and she really likes Pop's. With all the restaurant choices in the Gilford/Laconia/Meredith area, my sister, who usually will vote to try any new-to-us restaurant, always wants to eat at Karen & Barry's whenever she visits.

Dear Karen & Barry...I will try to make my next visit sooner

.... "Too Funny!.... I just gained 5 lbs enjoying your reply!

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 11:41 PM   #17
Lakelady

Thumbs up LOVE Karen and Barry's for years

Last night we went for dinner ( well we go very, very often) and Barry has brought in new seafood appetizers and entrees. OMG...the mussels were to die for...we have never had better, ever. We used our bread the dipping, what a shame , their bread is so fresh. for. UMMMM. I also had leftovers from my meal for lunch today.
I also agree with another poster...why do is somebody missing such FABULOUS food?
Barry makes it all from "scratch." And prepared fresh as you order. Everthing fresh.
I, we know that is the restaurant we favor and will go for all of the above.
Give it try, I know you will also be back for "true" Italian" food prepared for you when you order it.
Cannot praise enough about this restaurant..local, homemade, family..dedicated to the community and the patrons.
Lakelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:49 PM   #18
partsman

Default Italian Schmallion

The best kept secret in Meredith just got better. When I walked into Karen & Barry's Italian Bistro tonight for my bi-weekly shrimp scampi dinner (which my wife had tonight), Karen informed me that they had a fried clam dinner on special.

Being a seafood enthusiast, I said "lets go with that!" The 'old school' batter was light and airy; the clams were cooked to perfection and were complimented with fries and a nice fresh cole slaw. This was one of the best fried clam plates that I have had since I was a teenager cooking clams at the Orbit Drive In in Nashua in the mid 60's.

Barry informs me that he will be bringing in fresh Seafood from Ipswich clams every Thursday through out the summer. Check it out, this restaurant is a welcome change to the 'big 3' in Meredith.

Always a seat, always a smiling face to greet you...

...and, every meal on the menu is delicious!
partsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:18 AM   #19
Happy Gourmand

Default The Orbit...

Oh my...I remember the Orbit Drive-in from the mid 60's. It was one of my favorite places to go. The building is still there with soma additions, it's now the Nashua House of Pizza...BEST spinach pizza around.
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:43 AM   #20
Argie's Wife

*Bump**Bump**Bump*
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:07 PM   #21
rick35

Went to try the Bistro tonight after hearing great things about it on the forum. The food was very good and the ambience is comfortable. We felt like we were a guest of Karen as she was very attentive and spent time at the table with us as well as the other diners. We'll be back!
rick35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:09 AM   #22
Rattlesnake Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phantom Gourmand View Post
Oh my...I remember the Orbit Drive-in from the mid 60's. It was one of my favorite places to go. The building is still there with soma additions, it's now the Nashua House of Pizza...BEST spinach pizza around.
Wasn't the orbit actually across the street? Sort of where the Mobil and Head lines parking lot is. Remember the giant 20 foot hot dog on the top of the building?
Rattlesnake Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:09 PM   #23
Happy Gourmand

Default Orbit Drive in

Nope...that was a soft serve ice cream stand.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:53 PM   #24
Rattlesnake Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Guy View Post
Wasn't the orbit actually across the street? Sort of where the Mobil and Head lines parking lot is. Remember the giant 20 foot hot dog on the top of the building?
Well Phantom,
Took me a while to find someone who was old enough to remember the Orbit in Nashua, while not being too old to remember the Orbit in Nashua. The good news is I don't have to convince you because I was wrong. Good memories, I think.
Rattlesnake Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:33 PM   #25
KPW

I loved the haddock sandwich at Orbit. I delivered pizza at Nashua House. I can come pretty close to the spinach pizza. It's got to be one of my favorite foods!
KPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:58 PM   #26
trfour

Default Great Food & Service....

Is always # 1 and what we want to hear and learn about! Then we have a view of our menu choices.
PhotoPosts, ain't bad either!

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:27 PM   #27
sandwichgal

K&B is the best kept secret in the Lakes Region and I am always proud to be able to send visitors to them when I can. Working in a retail business in Meredith that sees lots of people from all over the country and world, I do not recommend an eatery unless I have first hand knowledge.
The Bistro is a unique dining experience and I just love the building. Yes, it is much larger than it looks and I always let people know it is not as it appears from the outside.
Karen may seem "cranky" but I find her quiet and a "get to the point" type personality. I would prefer not to be bothered after my food is served and can count on enjoying my dinner without that.
Anyone who is in food service will appreciate the struggle all in the area are having with this economic situation and I would think K&B are no different than many. If this struggle comes across as "cranky" than I think it is well earned and might be better understood if you could walk a mile in her shoes.

If you want a good fresh home cooked meal, I encourage you to give them a try. Eggplant has always been my favorite. Thin sliced and prepared to perfection - wonderful!!!! I will continue to spread the word about the "cute little building on Main Street" with hopes it helps support a hard working couple who deserve good fortune.
I am not related, they do not know me socially,I do not work for or in food service and have nothing to gain by sharing my view. Just want to do my part in helping a small business owner achieve their dream and goal.
sandwichgal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sandwichgal For This Useful Post:
Happy Gourmand (10-22-2009), KonaChick (10-21-2009), Resident 2B (10-22-2009), trfour (10-21-2009), wMw (10-31-2009)
Old 06-05-2010, 08:43 PM   #28
wifi

Default Thumbs up

Had dinner tonight at Karen & Barry's Bistro, Karen waited on us and we loved every minute of it. Food and service was great. Thank you Karen (Barry and your whole staff!)
wifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:19 PM   #29
jrc

We finally made it there. The food was great, she had the veal parm and I had chicken marsala. Both were prepared well and came with a side of pasta. We had a nice house salad and some bread.

With all the build up I was a little disappointed, Karen was perfect. The service was great, exactly what we would expect from a quality small place.

I only found two negatives, the building is old and needs something to brighten it up. And the menu is thin, it has all basic Italian restaurant requirments but nothing out of the ordinary. Nothing I can only get there.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:00 AM   #30
Happy Gourmand

Default 2nd visit...

....and is was as good as the first, which was fabulous!
We got up to the lake on Friday night and decided to go out to eat rather than prepare something at home. Didn't know where we were heading, but just in the car and going down the street, my wife says " how about that little Italian place we went to last year that was so good?" Decision made, I could almost taste the Veal Saltombica (sp?).
We arrived and much to my surprise, it seemed like there were only 2 or 3 tables with diners, though there were about 5 or 6 people at the bar. Although we had been there just once before, Karen greeted us like we were old friends..she is a gem!
We sat at one of the little booths against the wall on the left...a bit tight, but certainly not too bad.
There was a couple at the table next to us who were finishing up and talking to Karen...the gentleman was raving about the fried clams..."the BEST I ever had" he was saying.
The taste of the Veal Saltombica was fading as I was listening to him sing the praise of the fried clams...... and listening to Karen describe her and Barry's experience with seafood. It is quite a story, I bet she would be willing to share it with you too!
So, there I was, in an Italian restaurant, contemplating the "special" of the night which was fried seafood......I crumbled and ordered the fried Fisherman's Platter....my wife opted for the Veal Parmesian.
Her meal was fabulous....she was gracious enough to share a piece with me...although she preferred the Veal Marsala that she had on a previous visit...just her personal preference. The marinara sauce was perfect...expertly prepared by Barry. Totally delicious.
But now, let's talk a little about the fried seafood. Who would expect that you could get such a great dish at an Italian restaurant? The gentleman who was seated at the next table was absolutely correct....the clams were certainly among the very best I ever had....perfectly cooked...sweet...so tender....and so delicious.....did I mention that I liked them?
Fried haddock...nicely battered and delicious. Fried jumbo shrimp, like the clams among the most tender and tasty that I have ever had. Scallops...although maybe just a wee bit overdone, still tender and tasty. Obviously all was very fresh. Karen told us that all her seafood comes from Ipswich Seafood, more expensive than most fish vendors, but among the best.
It's pretty easy to see why so many don't know that this place even exists, you're not likely to notice it as you drive by. Indeed, Karen even says that the locals are surprised to find it....if and when they do!
I'm not sure what they would have to to to improve their visibility, other than move to a different location. But I can tell you what they need to do to improve their offerings and that is...just about nothing! Delicious, a great experience, well worth seeking out...you won't be disappointed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happy Gourmand For This Useful Post:
wifi (06-07-2010), wMw (06-07-2010)
Old 06-07-2010, 12:59 PM   #31
SIKSUKR

Saltimbocca PG and it's one of my favorites. Wish you would have reviewed it but I guess I'll do it.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:33 PM   #32
wifi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
Saltimbocca PG and it's one of my favorites. Wish you would have reviewed it but I guess I'll do it.
LOL.... Maybe I'll beat you to it, but you are the connoisseur of the Saltimbocca, not me
wifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:50 PM   #33
KonaChick

Don't settle for mediocre, spend your money at Karen and Barry's...you will not be disappointed. It's great food at reasonable prices!!
KonaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:10 PM   #34
Happy Gourmand

Thumbs up Veal Saltimbocca

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
This is what I had on my first visit I clearly recall it as being the best i ever had ...and what I intended to get last Friday....until i was derailed by the customer in the next booth and Karen herself. Not to say i was disappointed that i got the fried seafood.
But don't take my word for any of it. Seriously, do yourself a favor and try this place out. We have visited a lot of places in the area...many of them are really fantastic. You've heard the term before, but I'll repeat it here...Karen and Barry's is a true gem in the lakes region.
The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Gourmand For This Useful Post:
VitaBene (06-09-2010)
Old 06-08-2010, 11:42 AM   #35
JPC

Default Where is this place

I know its in Merideth but where? I love Italian seafood dishes and these post made me hungry.
JPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:50 PM   #36
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts
Default Karen & Barry's

It is located at 67 Main Street in Meredith behind Mills Falls
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to joey2665 For This Useful Post:
Lucky1 (06-10-2010)
Old 06-08-2010, 12:59 PM   #37
RI Swamp Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPC View Post
I know its in Merideth but where? I love Italian seafood dishes and these post made me hungry.
Try this link to Google Maps:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie...37O5jCoAS6iZEz
Old 06-10-2010, 11:38 AM   #38
Lucky1

When I get to rte 25 and rte 3 soing south, (which I do several times a week), would I go across and up Main Street the way I go to the Meredith Post Office? I honesly have never seen the restaurant in all the years so maybe they need to have an event of some kind or some ads or signs or an outdoor SOMETHING.

I am amazed that store and restaurant owners do not realize that people just do not know that they are there. In Center Harbor there is a bead shop and apparently an ice cream place in a small development that I pass on the way to the Center Harbor Post Office. I had never noticed either until a neighbor mentioned the bead shop and our Forum mentioned the ice cream shop!!! I wonder why there are not flags or signs that can easily be seen? I am driving a car afterall so have to watch the road. When I come back from the Center Harbor Post Office I do see Yikes as that is an area where one is slowing for the light and ahead and you see the sign! Heck we all want to support local businesses but to do that we do need to know that they are there!
Lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:40 AM   #39
winniplayhouse

Part of the problem may be due to the town/city's signage regulations. A lot of people have told us that they've never noticed us. We currently have our maximum signage allowance. Wish we could have more, but we can't.
winniplayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:07 PM   #40
karen47

Default Karen & Barry's

First I want to thank all our customers that have written all the great things about us, makes myself and my wife feel good about what we are doing. We are located at 67 main street we are right across the street from the post office we have been in this location for 10 years. We advertise in the daily sun and in the weirs times. Well thank you again for all the great comments.
karen47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to karen47 For This Useful Post:
Lucky1 (06-10-2010)
Old 06-10-2010, 06:17 PM   #41
Lucky1

Quote:
Originally Posted by winniplayhouse View Post
Part of the problem may be due to the town/city's signage regulations. A lot of people have told us that they've never noticed us. We currently have our maximum signage allowance. Wish we could have more, but we can't.
Are you able to put up a signs on the corners of the intersection of 25 and 3 with a special of some sort and hang some baloons or something? Do it on random days and start with a Saturday morning when people are coming up to the lake? Less locals get newspapers these days and vacationers coming to the lake may not get a newspaper either.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:47 PM   #42
winniplayhouse

We are currently in the Weirs - you might be thinking about Summer Theatre in Meredith Village at Rts. 25 and 3! But to answer your question in general, technically even temporary signs need a permit! I just filled out the application and it wasn't fun!

Word of mouth is the best advertising anyway, right?!?!

And I'm sorry that I got off the topic!. Our family LOVES Karen and Barry's! We go there often. When my daughter way a toddler we went once a week in the off-season. It's harder now that we have so many evening and after school activities but it's still one of our favorite go-to places. If you end up having room at the end, Barry's chocolate cake is the best!
winniplayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to winniplayhouse For This Useful Post:
trfour (06-10-2010)
Old 06-12-2010, 09:53 AM   #43
Lucky1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
Barry
We eat in Meredith a lot during boating season and we love Italian food, we visit Guiseppe's often.

I see your sign near the crosswalk and sometimes talk about trying out your place. But I always seem to remember posts like the previous where someone says something backhanded about your place.

This year I'm going to make a point of trying your place. Be warned that my wife really is cranky, so let's hope yours is not

Have you considered coupons to drag people up the hill? I bet if you went down to the docks and nearby parking area and placed coupons (free app or some nominal discount) on cars and boats, you would get some business. How about some ads on this website, more than a few boaters here?
Love the idea of some sort of coupon to get people in the door! I agree that going to places like Meredith parking lots (Hannaford) and Center Harbor (Heaths) might be good places along with the boat docks. People coming in to the area are looking for places to eat out as well as local residents. PLEASE HAVE A SIMPLE MAP OF WHERE YOU ARE LOCATED ON THE FLYER WITH THE COUPON AND MAYBE HAVE A FEW MENU ITEMS LISTED TOO. Just something simple that can be run off by a copy machine.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:11 AM   #44
Newbiesaukee

For a variety of reasons, including some negative posts a long while back, I had never been to K & Bs. Big mistake. Have been a few times in the past month and the food is excellent and a terrific value. Not elegant, but really is a shouldn't miss. Karen is direct and is....Karen; but I didn't like beer the first time I tried it, either; and that was also a mistake. I have rectified both.

Anyway, I have had the fried clams which were terrific, equal to Kevins; and last night, the chicken saltimbocca special with the included ziti side ($15.95) Fantastic. My wife's lasagna was equally good.

This is not pre-made mediocre Italian red sauce glop. Someone in the kitchen, Barry,I assume, knows what he is doing and does it well.

You should't miss K and B's; but you might if you don't look carefully on Main Street in Meredith.
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Newbiesaukee For This Useful Post:
VitaBene (06-25-2010)
Old 06-25-2010, 05:18 AM   #45
VitaBene

Thanked 1,601 Times in 821 Posts
Default Nice review

New, Thank you for the great review. I like K&Bs but have not been in a while, this will serve as my reminder!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post:
Newbiesaukee (06-25-2010)
Old 04-29-2011, 03:27 PM   #46
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Thumbs up Karen & Barry's

We finally had the pleasure of dining at Karen and Barry's a few weeks ago... !!! (I would post the menu, but their website is broken. )

Everything was made fresh to order - Paul had the Veal Parmesan and I had the veal and eggplant without sauce. Absolutely delicious! Karen was quite friendly and was super accommodating with my food allergies. I am really looking forward to another visit!
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rattlesnake Gal For This Useful Post:
bclaker (05-06-2011), jkjoshuatree (04-29-2011), Lucky1 (05-10-2011)