Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Polls
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: best restaurant northern part of lake 2011
woodshed 54 38.30%
canoe 22 15.60%
Kevin's 10 7.09%
Village Kitchen 10 7.09%
Lemon Grass 8 5.67%
mise en place 4 2.84%
Coe House 2 1.42%
The Bob House 13 9.22%
Corner House 8 5.67%
The Restaurant 10 7.09%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2010, 02:12 PM   #1
phoenix

Default best restaurant in northern part of the lake

sixth annual poll of the best restaurant in Center Harbor, Sandwich, Moultonboro and Wolfboro
Old 12-24-2010, 05:43 AM   #2
Lucky1

Default Does expense count?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
sixth annual poll of the best restaurant in Center Harbor, Sandwich, Moultonboro and Wolfboro
Do not know either Mis En Place of The Restaurant. Don't see North End here? Guess I would have to say that of those listed the cost does not seem to be the same. Maybe we could have more restaurants and have them listed in groups as Expensive, Mid priced and Inexpensive. Many years ago there was a book for NYC area restaurants rated with numbers of stars from 1 to 5 with 5 being the best food. There was also a rating for cost with stars from 1 to 5 with 5 being the most expensive. We had such fun finding restaurants with maybe 3 or 4 stars for food and maybe 1 or 2 stars for cost. That might be fun to do with a poll like this one. There are so many many restaurants not listed here that I like the best when I am not feeling that cost is no object (which is not all that often for many). Thanks for doing the poll that is here though.
Lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:41 AM   #3
Lakepilot

It's difficult to chose one over the other since they're all good restaurants. I would go to one for special occasions and another when I just want the best food. It would be real nice if we could select the best for food, atmosphere, price, service etc.
Lakepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:32 AM   #4
phoenix

all polls are resticted to ten entries. What i do each year is drop the bottom one or two in the prior year's voting and add based on forum entries during the year ( so no personal bias). So North End was on in 2010 but had a low score( doesn't mean it is not good). The restaurant and Mise en place are both in wolfboro and i have never been to either restaurant. So in 2012 I will drop the low score( s) and add based on 2011 feedback. Also i only do the northern portion of the lake as it would get real complicated.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:14 PM   #5
Lucky1

Default Maybe add Meredith???

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
all polls are resticted to ten entries. What i do each year is drop the bottom one or two in the prior year's voting and add based on forum entries during the year ( so no personal bias). So North End was on in 2010 but had a low score( doesn't mean it is not good). The restaurant and Mise en place are both in wolfboro and i have never been to either restaurant. So in 2012 I will drop the low score( s) and add based on 2011 feedback. Also i only do the northern portion of the lake as it would get real complicated.
Are you saying that the form for the poll is ten entries of restaurants? Well maybe there is another way to do a poll without it being in the poll format and have people vote in the regular boxes like the one I am using now. I know there may be no way to do an accurate count but most people are honest one would hope and maybe do only one entry if they have to type the name out under their member name. I really hate to see Village Kitchen go up against The Woodshed in the same category as the cost is so very different. But the star thing might work. I also hate to have the Meredith restaurants left out of the poll. But that is just me. I do think we are lucky to have so many fine restaurants in the area but cost has to count when evaluating the best. And I happen to love several about the same so maybe we could do a 1, 2, 3 or somethinig. Still, I continue to thank you for doing the poll and appreciate the effort that you are making. Is it Don who establishes the number allowed in the poll? Maybe there is a different format OR WE COULD ALL HAVE A THREAD USING THE STAR SYSTEM???? In the end though it is a great area of the world and Happy Holidays to all!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2010, 10:06 PM   #6
Pineedles

Default Modify the Poll

I see one of Lucky's points, comparing the Woodshed to the Village Kitchen is not fair. Two different places for different venues. I love the VK for breakfast and brunch. If I want a A+1 dinner, I go to the Woodshed, not Canoe. Agree? The poll should be for the meal that you are having. BTW Village Kichen gets an A+1 for breakfast and brunch imo.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:35 AM   #7
sa meredith

Default lots of opinions

I guess this could go on and on.
The word "best" I would think, needs to be defined.
I'll simply state, that if the catagory was simply the best ratio of: reasonable prices/food quality/atmosphere...you'd have a hard time convincing me it is not Bob House.
They are not the cheapest, but far from the most expensive (VK would win the price contest), the food is probably not the the best ( Canoe?), and their atmosphere is not exceptional (Woodshed maybe wins)...
But Bob House would come in, in the top three of each of these catagories. So my vote for overall best would go there.
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:25 PM   #8
phoenix

the poll closes tomorrow January 8th so get your favorite restaurant votes in
Old 01-08-2011, 04:57 PM   #9
phoenix

congratulations to the Woodshed for their third straight best restaurant in the Northern part of the Lake. Thanks to the 141 people who voted and we will have our seventh poll in December. Until then please go to all the great restaurants that we have and during the year if other places are talked about on this forum I can add for the next poll. Happy New Year
Lucky1 (01-09-2011)
Old 01-09-2011, 09:39 AM   #10
Lucky1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith View Post
I guess this could go on and on.
The word "best" I would think, needs to be defined.
I'll simply state, that if the catagory was simply the best ratio of: reasonable prices/food quality/atmosphere...you'd have a hard time convincing me it is not Bob House.
They are not the cheapest, but far from the most expensive (VK would win the price contest), the food is probably not the the best ( Canoe?), and their atmosphere is not exceptional (Woodshed maybe wins)...
But Bob House would come in, in the top three of each of these catagories. So my vote for overall best would go there.
I like The Bob House a lot too, but also like most of the ones listed in the poll. We are indeed lucky to have so many good restaurants in the area. I do not know them all and want to try the Italian one that is Karen and somebody? Forget the whole name. There are others too. Where is THE RESTAURANT? That seemed to get many votes.
I do not like to have to spend a lot of money to eat out most of the time. I will spend a lot for special occasions.

Canoe is a favorite of one of my daughters. Her husband likes Sam and Rosie's. My mouth is watering while I type!!! Just had breakfast though. Glad we have the poll even though I think that one could find a way to do one with stars for different areas such as food quality, cost, atmosphere, service etc.

Thanks to those on here who help others with opinions on restaurants. I guess I do think that negative piling on can get to be too much on some restaurants. And in the same way there are some who have a favorite and pile on about how good it is all the time.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:34 AM   #11
BobbyA

Sorry folks, but the The Woodshed resturant is going up for auction on July 12.www.jsjauctions.com is holding the auction. TOO BAD.
BobbyA is offline   Reply With Quote