Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2009, 01:23 PM   #1
VitaBene

Thanked 1,601 Times in 821 Posts
Thumbs up Kevin's Cafe

We were looking for lunch a couple of weeks back and I wanted something "non pubby", so we finally visited Kevin's Cafe in Moultonborough. It was fantastic- the seafood was great. I had fried scallops, they were perfect. http://www.kevinscafe.com/

At least for weekday lunch, it seems almost like a one man show so we met Kevin. Nice guy, a real talent.

Check it out, I think you will be glad you did.
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:40 PM   #2
phoenix

look forward to eating again at Kevin's this summer. Glad he made it through the winter
Old 03-06-2009, 08:27 AM   #3
donnamatrix

Default Kevin's Brunch

Hi Vita: I keep missing you at Bucky's!!! One of these days, we'll really meet. Anyway, glad you finally tried Kevin's. His food is really good, he is very sweet. There is a photo of him with my idol, Julia Child, I think taken when he was with Legal Seafood. Try his chowdah, but really: go for brunch on Sunday. His prices are similar to the VK, but there are literally no kids racing about (Sorry Samiam-we love theVK too!). Last time we had poached eggs on corned beef hash with hash brown potatoes for $6. It was awesome. My friends had his huevos rancheros, which is really a wrap, but extremely good. During the winter he had a promo going on Monday nights for $10/pp dinner specials. The fried clams are the best around...
donnamatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:33 PM   #4
VitaBene

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamatrix View Post
Hi Vita: I keep missing you at Bucky's!!! One of these days, we'll really meet. Anyway, glad you finally tried Kevin's. His food is really good, he is very sweet. There is a photo of him with my idol, Julia Child, I think taken when he was with Legal Seafood. Try his chowdah, but really: go for brunch on Sunday. His prices are similar to the VK, but there are literally no kids racing about (Sorry Samiam-we love theVK too!). Last time we had poached eggs on corned beef hash with hash brown potatoes for $6. It was awesome. My friends had his huevos rancheros, which is really a wrap, but extremely good. During the winter he had a promo going on Monday nights for $10/pp dinner specials. The fried clams are the best around...
Hi DM, I had the chowdah- it was great!

I will be at Buckey's tonight......
Old 03-06-2009, 02:17 PM   #5
donnamatrix

Default Tonight?

This sounds like a date... what's your timeframe for tonight? Are you coming up from MA?
donnamatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2009, 05:13 AM   #6
HC0209

Thumbs up

OMG! I tried Kevin's Cafe a month ago and their food was excellent. It's definitely one of the best place to get seafood dishes.
HC0209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:19 PM   #7
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Question Kevin's Catering???

Has any used Kevin's for catering a dinner?

We were looking at using his services for a monthly Club dinner meeting with 20 to 25 members attending.

Thanks!
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:53 AM   #8
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

It's ok,DM......I'm not mad atcha.I know you still love us and actually,we love Kevins....he has the best crabcakes on planet earth.They are so good that I order them for an app and then again for the entree.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:17 AM   #9
chefisk

Default catering

Check out with the Meredith Lions club, I cater them every month at the Community Center in Meredith for the last couple years. Any questions please call the restaurant. Thank you
Kevin
chefisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 06:44 AM   #10
VitaBene

Default Moultonboro SMC

It looks like Kevin will be catering the Moultonborough Snowmobile Club's dinner mtg on 4-4-2009 at the Balmoral clubhouse as well (according to the newsletter from Winnocturn yesterday).
Old 03-21-2009, 08:32 PM   #11
Lakewinn1

Thumbs up Kevin's Cafe

Summer can't get here fat enough ..... Their Breakfast is outstanding!
Lakewinn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 04:26 AM   #12
trfour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewinn1 View Post
Summer can't get here fat enough ..... Their Breakfast is outstanding!
lakewinn1, if you see corollaman in line, please let him in front of you as he has been waiting soo patiently all winter, let him winn1 too.
Thanks,
T

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:10 AM   #13
dpg

How's Kevins fried Haddock? The wife loves it and I never think to go there, we'll have to try them.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:21 AM   #14
Nagigator

Smile

The haddock is excellent. As is the fried clams, onion rings, chowder, ect........... Everything I have ever tried at Kevin's was top notch!
Nagigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:57 AM   #15
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Thumbs up Kevin's YES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
It looks like Kevin will be catering the Moultonborough Snowmobile Club's dinner mtg on 4-4-2009 at the Balmoral clubhouse as well (according to the newsletter from Winnocturn yesterday).
Two Thumbs UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had our dinner meeting last night and the 26 members attending were unanimous in their pleasure in the meal prepare by Kevin. The price at $14.00 per meal was very reasonable. The dinner consisted of a large Salad, Chicken Cordon Blu, Rice Pilaf and Desert.

We highly recommend Kevin’s for any Catering needs any one would have!
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:06 AM   #16
Nadia

Smile I want to try Kevin's!

I have been dying to try Kevin's Cafe as I have heard so many raving reviews about his place, and I love seafood. Can anyone tell me where Kevin's is located? I saw he had a table at the annual "Taste of the Lakes Region" but I did not have time to make it over there. By the time I did get over there they were packing up to go home I look forward to trying your restaraunt Chef Fisk and I wish you the best.

Last edited by Nadia; 04-07-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Nadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:18 AM   #17
phoenix

just past Center Harbor( rt 25) on the right, the building up from Dunkin Donuts and the Keg at the top of the hill
Nadia (04-07-2009)
Old 04-07-2009, 09:07 AM   #18
luvmypups

Smile I've heard good things :)

I have heard nothing but great things about Kevin's Cafe. I went once with a couple of friends and it was very busy so we decided we were too hungry to wait ( pregnant women !! ) but my husband and his friends go for the lobster and absolutely rave about it. After reading these posts I am going to head over pretty soon and try it out for myself
luvmypups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:33 AM   #19
EricP

Does Kevin still have all-you-can-eat clams on Friday nights? We went once before and it was fantastic. Nice place to eat and the staff is pleasant as well.
EricP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:21 PM   #20
joann721

Thumbs up Kevins Crab Cakes

Hi... I have not had a crab cake since October when we closed our camp for the season. One of the first places "I WILL BE" is at Kevins for a lunch or dinner of the most fabulous crab cakes on the planet... YUMMY

Frustration is trying to find my glasses without my glasses.
joann721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:00 PM   #21
Cristen

Thumbs up LOVE Kevin's Cafe

This place has excellent food, and very friendly service.
The crab cakes are DELICIOUS!

A hidden gem in Moultonborough!
Cristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:01 AM   #22
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Talking It All Sounds Delicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricP View Post
Does Kevin still have all-you-can-eat clams on Friday nights? We went once before and it was fantastic. Nice place to eat and the staff is pleasant as well.
According to Kevin's Cafe website they still do.
Rattlesnake Guy and I really have to try this place!
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:49 PM   #23
Nadia

Wink We made it to Kevin's!

Last Friday me and my other half made it to Kevin's Cafe for the first time as both of us have been dying to try it. I must say that it was absolutely outstanding. We both started with an appetizer of the homemade crab cakes, and you were certainly right, these are like no others! Award winning for sure, no canned crab meat for these babies. Plump, juicy chunks of soft crab meat with a well chosen array of other ingredients that I couldn't even begin to pick apart, complemented by a fresh baby green salad with a homemade vinigarette dressing. Our plates were returned to the kitchen clean. We both ordered the all you can eat whole belly clams for dinner Huge portions of perfectly fried whole belly clams. No strips or half and half mixes here. Big whole belly clams piled fresh and high. With four times as many clams as french fries you would almost wonder how Chef Fisk makes a profit! The batter was perfect...crispy and light, you could certainly tell the food was prepared in clean fry oil. An enourmous peeve of mine and Mr. Nadia's. Complimented by fresh, homemade coleslaw I was stuffed silly after only one serving that I couldn't even manage to finish. Mr. Nadia cashed in on his all you can eat ticket one more time looking like a kid in a candy shop. Out came a refill not much smaller than the initial portion and went down just as fast. Sometimes I wonder if he has a hollow leg. Kevin's won some major points as we can be very fussy about what we eat. Like I said, the whole belly's were indeed real whole belly's. Fresh and cooked properly in a light batter, not clumped together and fried in fresh oil. No strips or mix in's were presented, pure heaven. The coleslaw was indeed fresh and not overly sweet or soaking in salad dressing and we were given a reasonable portion. To me coleslaw is a staple with fried seafood and so many places have failed miserably in this area by not paying attention to this tiny but important addition. There's nothing worse then getting a little teeny thimble of coleslaw, loaded with sugar or sometimes even warm from sitting under a heat lamp. You can tell Kevin is a competent and experienced Chef.

Service could not have been better or more prompt. Kevin's staff also filled me in on Chef Fisk's impressive background and directed me to a little "Chef Fisk Saga" on the back of the menu. Really interesting to read about the Chef's travel, background, experience and passion for the kitchen. It certainly shows itself in the food and the entire experience as a whole. We were also greeted by the Chef himself who came out in apron and wearing flour like a true chef! Fully engaged back there, Kevin has a great place, cozy atmosphere, friendly staff, and amazing food. It's also interesting to know he updates his menu every day! I don't know any other restaurant that does this. Chef Fisk is about to have his first Bike Week with his new addition on the Pier, we again wish him luck! What an experience that will be! If you have not tried Kevin's Cafe your selling yourself short of a great experience. Kevin's has our two thumbs up and we will be back again. We both agreed we felt like we were in our own private dining room, relaxed and enjoying ourselves. Thank you to Kevin and his Staff. Truly we experienced the best crab cakes and whole belly's we have ever had and am willing to bet he has the best in the area.
Nadia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nadia For This Useful Post:
Meredith lady (06-13-2009)
Old 06-19-2009, 09:09 AM   #24
EricP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal View Post
According to Kevin's Cafe website they still do.
Rattlesnake Guy and I really have to try this place!
Yes you do! My wife and I went last Friday for the AYCE Clams and they were great! We also tried a crab cake as my wife has never had one and it was off the charts delicious

I hope they succeed at the Weirs as well, can't wait to tie up at the Weirs docks and walk up for some clams once bike week is over.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:33 PM   #25
A Piece of Heaven

Smile Kevins Cafe

Hubby and I went Friday night on the recommendations from this site---we definately were not disappointed. The steamers were clean and fabulous. The crab cakes were amazing. Hubby had swordfish to die for. We will be back with our company the first week of july.
A Piece of Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to A Piece of Heaven For This Useful Post:
Meredith lady (07-01-2009)
Old 07-09-2009, 01:36 PM   #26
alsadad

Default Terrific dinner

I’ve not written a restaurant review or comment before, and from what I’ve read, Kevin’s Café doesn’t really need my endorsement. Nonetheless, I want to share our delicious experience. We went to Kevin’s last Thursday evening (7/2), unwittingly arriving five minutes after the posted closing time. They graciously seated us anyway. Two of us had the fried haddock and it was delicious. My daughter ordered the crab cakes and said they were the best she’s ever had. My son ordered steak (he’s 14 years old and not interested in seafood – he’ll learn) which was also excellent. And the service was spot-on – attentive without being overbearing. All in all, a very positive experience and we will definitely be back.
alsadad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alsadad For This Useful Post:
Meredith lady (07-09-2009), NickNH (07-09-2009)
Old 07-22-2009, 02:34 PM   #27
Old Hubbard Rd

Default Mixed feelings

The wife and I decided to check out the Friday PM clam special. We called first and was told to come by around 7:30PM or later as they were booked prior to that. When we arrived there was a party in front of us waiting. They were seated quickly. Then another party arrived after us. They had no reservations either and were seated before us. I think the waitress just got a tiny bit confused. She was working real hard. I was disappointed that we ended up wait over 45 minutes when I could have been seated 10 minutes after arriving. Oh well. The kitchen is open to the dining area's therefore all the grease from the frying is air born and landing all over everything as the venting system did not appear to be doing the job. After only waiting 10 minutes I could feel the grease landing on me. Boy when we got home did we stink of grease. I had to strip down and jump in the shower it was that bad LOL . Dinner was good. The waitress really tried hard to make me smile after having me wait so long for a table. She even gave my wife and I several complimentary drinks. She really did try hard to make me happy and I will say that the food was good they just need to do a better job with their venting system!!
Old Hubbard Rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:55 PM   #28
ILoveWinnipesaukee

Thumbs up Best Fried Clams of my life

Visiting the lake this weekend and had to try the AYCE fried clams at Kevin's. OMG, they are the best I have ever had and in my 51 years I have had lots of fried clams. They were pipping hot, tender and full belly. The batter was light and flaky. For the price, the food cannot be beat.

We had the dining room to ourselves as we went at 5 as Kevin suggested on the phone. It was like he was cooking for us alone. My mother-in-law had the grilled salmon and she said it was wonderful, very fresh. She said she could live without the wild rice, kind of bland after the salmon was so good.

Kevin maade a point to come talk to us and discuss his dreams and his future plans. Great atmosphere, and the personal touch is worth the trip!
ILoveWinnipesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ILoveWinnipesaukee For This Useful Post:
Meredith lady (10-19-2009)
Old 10-18-2009, 04:21 PM   #29
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Thumbs up Kevin's Cafe AYCE Fried Clams!

After hearing everyone rave about the all you can eat fried clams at Kevin’s Café, I just had to try them for myself.
We stopped in on Friday, October 2nd after a fun day of leaf peeping.
They were fantastic! Among the best I've ever had!!!

I even managed to snap a picture for you before I dove in.

This was the first helping! As you can imagine, there were no seconds for me! They are exactly as ILoveWinnipesaukee and others describe.

Rattlesnake Guy had the chowder, which he said was wonderful. He also got the calamari, and a Caesar salad with chicken.
All items were excellent and the rolls... they were out of this world!

Our server was our Forum friend, Meredith Lady. Laura was awesome as usual and is a real asset to Kevin's Cafe.

Kevin also made the rounds the night we were in to check on his patrons. He is a very personable man and knows how to treat his customers.

There was only one thing regarding our meal, in my opinion that could use improvement - the French fries. The few that you see peeking out from under the clams were not on par with the rest of this excellent meal. I didn’t say anything at the time because I was just enjoying my delicious clams and couldn’t fit them if I tried.

The French fries that Laura made for us this summer on several occasions at the Pier were incredible. Kevin should find out what she did and always do it! Her fries were golden in color, light and fluffy on the inside and crispy on the out - fantastically delicious! I think she should train the whole staff because she is the French Fry Master!

I am happy to see that Kevin's Café will be returning to The Weirs Pier in May. Yum!
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rattlesnake Gal For This Useful Post:
Meredith lady (10-19-2009), Pineedles (10-18-2009), Redwing (10-19-2009), RI Swamp Yankee (10-18-2009), wifi (10-18-2009)
Old 10-18-2009, 08:07 PM   #30
RI Swamp Yankee

Default ...drool....

Rattlesnake Gal, that just ain't fair ..... I am drooling on the keyboard wishing I could drive up there right now and that Caesar salad with chicken isn't one of those you have to search for the piece of chicken.

Thanks for the picture
Old 10-18-2009, 08:33 PM   #31
dewitt

Talking Kevin's Cafe

The food looks and I'm sure was awsome. Just curious though, is that a turkey leg or a hairy forearm in the top right corner, looks good enough to eat as well, sans the hair.
dewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:21 PM   #32
Rattlesnake Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewitt View Post
The food looks and I'm sure was awsome. Just curious though, is that a turkey leg or a hairy forearm in the top right corner, looks good enough to eat as well, sans the hair.
I am laughing so hard, my laptop almost fell off my lap. Fortunately, the hairy "turkey leg" caught it in time.
Rattlesnake Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:17 AM   #33
Redwing
Deceased Member

Location: New Haven, Connecticut and summer resident of Moultonborough, NH since 1952
Default Kevin's take-out

Closed camp this past weekend and had Kevin's take-out on Saturday night. Delicious, as always. The huge slab of swordfish was succulent and fresh, and the chicken gorgonzola was spot-on. In fact, I ate half of the chicken and brought it back to New Haven yesterday and enjoyed it for dinner last evening. To top off Kevin's meal, I bought the last remaining bottle of Mateus on the shelf at Heaths on Saturday night (I know, I know, I am a very simple soul and like very simple "vintage" wines of yesteryear. Son always teases me about the Mateus).
Redwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:51 PM   #34
Meredith lady

Default Thank you so much!

Thank you all so much for your kind words. We appreciate your patronage and your thoughts about Kevin's Cafe. It is true...we will be returning to the Weirs in May. Until then, see you in Moultonboro!

Kevin (Chef Fisk)
Laura (Meredith Lady)
and the staff of Kevin's Cafe and Kevin's Cafe on the Pier
Meredith lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:16 AM   #35
dpg

First thing I thought when I looked at the pic was that the Fries looked a little funky. A bit too brown and dry looking for my liking however everything else looks awesome.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:53 AM   #36
Argie's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
First thing I thought when I looked at the pic was that the Fries looked a little funky. A bit too brown and dry looking for my liking however everything else looks awesome.
I hate to ask... but what's good about "wet" fries?
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 06:09 AM   #37
dpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argie's Wife View Post
I hate to ask... but what's good about "wet" fries?
There always needs to be one!
Old 10-24-2009, 04:42 PM   #38
Lucky1

Default Only been to Kevins once....

Quote:
For the all you can eat lobster and prime rib with a group of friends. Kevins will be one of my first stops next year for sure. One comment from someone in all of these reviews is OK. I cannot wait to go to Kevis for sure.
Lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:05 PM   #39
EricP

It is impossible to determine if the fries are wet in that picture. I wasn't aware that you were supposedto eat them, I thought it was just Kevin's way of serving the AYCE clams on a bed of fries. who'd eat fries anyway when there's more clams to be had!
Old 10-25-2009, 09:40 PM   #40
Argie's Wife

Quote:
And lucky for you, it's always me.
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:09 AM   #41
phoenix

made it back to the lake for the summer. We went to Kevin's last night for dinner. Wife had lobster and i had the fried clams( all you can eat on friday's). We both loved our food and great service from Meredith Lady and Kevin.
Meredith lady (05-29-2010)
Old 05-29-2010, 06:33 AM   #42
VitaBene

We love kevin's- have they re-opened at the Weirs Pier yet?
Old 05-29-2010, 07:51 AM   #43
Meredith lady

Default Kevin's on the Pier

Phoenix-the pleasure was ours! Welcome back to New Hampshire! Kevin's on the Pier is open and we look forward to seeing all of our Forum friends. Stop by to say hi if you are in the Weirs!
Meredith lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:50 PM   #44
nightrider

Default Kevin's AYCE Clams

The wife took me to Kevin's last Friday for my birthday. I had the AYCE clams. They were fantastic. After hearing the birthday lady at the table next to us say the original plate portion was all she could eat, I ate the plate AND 3 reloads. Delicious and very reasonably priced. Question....can one get there by sled? I'd love to try the clams some Friday night from the sled. BTW...the room on the left is preferred.
nightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:57 PM   #45
Happy Gourmand

Default Kevin's on Sunday night..

Wife got the crab cakes...they are everything everybody talks about...I got the fried scallops...tender, juice and delicious...and plenty of them! I have to say though that the fries were not good at all...seemed like they were reheated....tough and what I call leathery.
Now the service..... The waiter was Kevin's son....what a nice young gentleman...very personable. BUT, the service he provided was horrible. long waits between everything, he was very inattentive. We waited forever after we were done for him to come out from wherever he was "hiding" and we had to ask for the check. I actually asked him to not take so long to process my payment.
Kevin, if you read this...the food was excellent as always ( except for the fries) and your son is a really nice kid. If he was filling in in an emergency, then disregard my negative comments. But if you plan to use him on a regular basis, please let him train under some of your more experienced staff.
P.S. I'll be calling to make a reservation for this Friday night...my daughter is here from FL and is dieing for some great fried clams!
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Gourmand For This Useful Post:
Meredith lady (08-08-2010)
Old 08-03-2010, 06:30 PM   #46
Marko

Default Dining Area?

we were at the Weirs all last week and tried out a lot of places and would have tried Kevins....
especially after all the great raves on here.......
but there wasn't a dining room? or did we miss it........as we couldn't see one?
didn't see any signs either where to sit and enjoy your meals........
wish someone would have posted that there wasn't a dining room and that Kevins was a take out place......
and I don't really count the seats on the boardwalk there with a zillion people walking by a good place to enjoy a meal......

Marko
St. Petersburg, FL
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Marko For This Useful Post:
Meredith lady (08-08-2010)
Old 08-03-2010, 06:36 PM   #47
Pepper

Marco, it sounds like you found "Kevin's on the Pier" which is a second, seasonal-only location. Kevin's Cafe is actually in Centre Harbor, and indeed has a dining room. Sorry you didn't find the one you were really seeking - you missed a really great place.
Meredith lady (08-08-2010), trfour (08-03-2010)
Old 08-11-2010, 01:16 AM   #48
Winnipesaukee

Default This guy knows how to cook.

He was also the Executive Chef at Charley's Crab in Fort Lauderdale. I've been there a bunch of times, I assume when he was there, and it has been incredible. This guy has some talent.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:55 AM   #49
twoplustwo

Default close...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
Marco, it sounds like you found "Kevin's on the Pier" which is a second, seasonal-only location. Kevin's Cafe is actually in Centre Harbor, and indeed has a dining room. Sorry you didn't find the one you were really seeking - you missed a really great place.
It's in Moultonborough. And we are glad to have him
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to twoplustwo For This Useful Post:
Pepper (08-14-2010)
Old 08-14-2010, 07:48 AM   #50
Pepper

Default Whoops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplustwo View Post
It's in Moultonborough. And we are glad to have him
Eek! Further proof that I am geographically challenged... Thanks for clarifying!
Old 08-29-2010, 07:01 AM   #51
Janet

Went to Kevin's Cafe Friday night for the all-you-can eat clams. Just the best. Got to meet Meredith Lady and her son Ryan. Both have a great sense of humor and made us feel at home. Didn't have a chance to talk too long with both as Kevin's was busy that night. My sister and brother-in-law are going tonite for the end of the month lobster fest. I can't go 'cause I'm back in hot, hot Texas.
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Janet For This Useful Post:
Meredith lady (08-29-2010)
Old 12-11-2010, 04:03 PM   #52
Newcomers

Default Kevin's A+++

Been to Kevin's Cafe several times and always had a good meal. My wife likes the lobster and I go for the clams. Service is friendly and excellent. I was later surprised to see Kevin catering the local Men's Club monthly breakfast that starts at 7 AM - he serves a great breakfast too!
I am happy to support a local business that works hard and treats people right ! Here's to you Kevin!
Newcomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:22 AM   #53
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

Been living up here for 6 years now. Never been. I'd like to try it but it seems he is mainly a Seafood place. My wife loves seafood. Me not so much.....
Maybe I'll take the wife for a dinner, and I'll just watch.
Why no chicken, or pasta at least?
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:05 AM   #54
Nagigator

Default try lunch.......

Go for lunch, Kevin makes a good burger, Ruebens, and a great turkey club, chicken salad wrap, too. Don't forget the onion rings!
Nagigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:39 PM   #55
Newbiesaukee

He usually has a chicken dish and I am certain he would do pasta with just sauce or with chicken. He is very accommodating and as almost everything is cooked to order this should not be a problem.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:16 PM   #56
T.H.E. Binz

Thumbs down One Star Out of Four

You get one star for the food, another for service, another for price, and another for atmosphere. Kevin's only has one star (for food) so I've never been back!
T.H.E. Binz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:04 PM   #57
ghfromaltonbay

Thumbs up Kevin's Cafe is "Worth the detour"

Finally made it to Kevin's Cafe this past Sunday for lunch. I arrived just as they were closing (got caught in traffic heading up from Nashua), but Kevin and his son graciously welcomed me in. Had the best bowl of clam chowder I've ever eaten and a delicious crab cake with baby green salad. The food was absolutely great and I can't wait to get back to the lake this spring and treat my parents to a nice lunch. It's worth the trip from anywhere in the lakes region. Loved all the loon decorations, I felt like I was in my own living room as I am a collector of loon objects as well.
ghfromaltonbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:06 PM   #58
VitaBene

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghfromaltonbay View Post
Finally made it to Kevin's Cafe this past Sunday for lunch. I arrived just as they were closing (got caught in traffic heading up from Nashua), but Kevin and his son graciously welcomed me in. Had the best bowl of clam chowder I've ever eaten and a delicious crab cake with baby green salad. The food was absolutely great and I can't wait to get back to the lake this spring and treat my parents to a nice lunch. It's worth the trip from anywhere in the lakes region. Loved all the loon decorations, I felt like I was in my own living room as I am a collector of loon objects as well.
The Fiskes (Kevin and son) and Laura are great! Last time I saw them they were running the concession at the Pond Hockey Tournament to support Interlakes Football (I believe that is Meredith, Sandwich and Moultonborough)
The Following User Says Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post:
Meredith lady (02-25-2011)
Old 02-23-2011, 09:21 PM   #59
nightrider

Default kevin's by sled???

So, How do I get there by sled???? I got gas at, I think, an Irving station and I saw Kevin's up the street. Is that as close as I can get or is there a way to get closer?
nightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #60
suem1011

Thumbs up Had the pleasure of meeting Redwing

I was at Kevin's Cafe last night and had the pleasure of meeting Redwing! It was wonderful to put a face to a name. I hope you enjoyed and again, thank you for your patience. Enjoy the rest of the weekend and you holiday week!
suem1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:15 PM   #61
Redwing
Deceased Member

Location: New Haven, Connecticut and summer resident of Moultonborough, NH since 1952
Default The pleasure was all mine!

It was lovely meeting you, as well, Sue! Delicious meal, as always, and my son's in-laws who were with me from Minnesota were extremely impressed! I was sorry to learn that Meredith Lady (Laura) is no longer there and has returned to her home state; I noticed that she had not posted on the Winni Forum for a while. Hope to see you in the near future and that you are surviving this heat wave. I am back in Conn. but will be returning to our cottage again in the near future. Can't wait!
Redwing is offline   Reply With Quote