Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Covid-19 Discussions & Information
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2020, 07:36 AM   #1
Paugus Bay Resident

Default On a positive note

On a positive note, wanted to compliment some – of course first responders, medical personnel, grocery and retail workers, delivery services, all the businesses who have changed their business model to help, all the individuals who are doing the same, etc. But this is more "personal" I guess.

- WMUR – calm, no drama reporting, will a good balance of NH non-COVID news. Only news I watch now
- Our governor – to me, doing a great job, balanced actions. Good daily conferences
- Dr. Chan – factual, again, no drama
- Jordan’s Ice Cream – went last night, old school car order / delivery. Awesome ice cream of course!

Feel free to add your own!
Old 04-04-2020, 08:14 AM   #2
8gv

I concur on all points.

I shall try out the new service method at Jordan's soon!

Old 04-04-2020, 08:22 AM   #3
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Dont forget

NH Public Radio and Salmon Press!
Old 04-04-2020, 08:42 AM   #4
fatlazyless

Listening to Gov Sununu yesterday afternoon, was totally impressed by his energized speaking voice on NHPR while he talked about the state's 50-mil survival plan, and giving a 5.25-mil, 6-month loan, to Lakes Region Gen Hosp to help them tough it out.

Gov Sununu is so totally competent.

After dropping a newly greased wheel bearing from my little utility trailer into the sandy dirt, his motivat'n style of talk'n motivated me to do an extra thorough job of getting all the little sand particles out of the greasy bearing before it got re-installed.

Thank-you Gov Sununu.
Old 04-04-2020, 09:25 AM   #5
Winilyme

Default Nurses

I am particularly awed by the many nurses out there that are given so little yet give so much. Many nurses are even coming out of a comfortable and safe retirement to contribute on the front lines.

We owe a deep level of gratitude to all of these individuals who put themselves in harms way for us. They genuinely care. They just don't know any other way.

God bless them all.
The Following User Says Thank You to Winilyme For This Useful Post:
JanN (04-04-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2020, 10:29 AM   #6
Garcia

Another forgotten group are CNA's, housekeepers, food service workers, and the many others who work hard taking care of the elderly in nursing homes, retirement communities, and group homes for adults who cannot care for themselves. This is often an overlooked part of the work force who are working long hours for low pay and putting themselves and their families at risk. They cannot work from home like I can.

Thank you!
Old 04-04-2020, 11:13 AM   #7
GodSmile

Default Food pantry workers

Let's not forget the local food pantry workers who continue to help those in need (more now than ever), and let's not forget to help out with donations of food or money if we are able.
The Following User Says Thank You to GodSmile For This Useful Post:
thinkxingu (04-04-2020)
Old 04-04-2020, 11:32 AM   #8
rick35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winilyme View Post
I am particularly awed by the many nurses out there that are given so little yet give so much. Many nurses are even coming out of a comfortable and safe retirement to contribute on the front lines.

We owe a deep level of gratitude to all of these individuals who put themselves in harms way for us. They genuinely care. They just don't know any other way.

God bless them all.
And some nurses are being reassigned from other safe positions to ER. Some I’m sure are voluntary. I heard of one nurse who had to resign because of the exposure it would bring to her family and she couldn’t accept that risk. That must have been so conflicting. Every time I see a story about the heroism of all the medical professionals I think the same thing. God bless them.
Old 04-04-2020, 11:41 AM   #9
Mr. V

Kudos to Robt. Kraft and the Patriots for using their money, resources and jet to secure and fly a plane load of PPE from China to the USA to be used where needed.

Well done.
gravy boat (04-07-2020)
Old 04-04-2020, 11:43 AM   #10
Sue Doe-Nym

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick35 View Post
And some nurses are being reassigned from other safe positions to ER. Some I’m sure are voluntary. I heard of one nurse who had to resign because of the exposure it would bring to her family and she couldn’t accept that risk. That must have been so conflicting. Every time I see a story about the heroism of all the medical professionals I think the same thing. God bless them.
That’s for sure! Crises tend to show how kind and generous most people are, and those on the front lines show this 24/7, day after day, week after week. Please....let’s not it have to be month after month in this case!