Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2014, 03:47 PM   #1
HAMPTONS

Default florida vacation

My husband and I are trying to plan a month vacation in Florida for March. We are having a difficult time finding a place because we have a dog. Any suggestions ?
Thank you
HAMPTONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 04:58 PM   #2
Lakepilot

We go to Naples every winter. I did a google on hotels that are pet friendly and came up with several in Naples. I also went to VRBO and found hundreds of places listed in SWFL that accept pets and have 2 bedrooms. If you provide more info I could narrow it down. What part of FL? Condo, hotel room, house? By the ocean or inland? Near what kind of activities?
Lakepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 04:58 PM   #3
Marauder

Default Florida

Try on line For Rent By Owner, or contact a realtor in the town you want to stay. Good luck!
Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Marauder For This Useful Post:
HAMPTONS (09-21-2014)
Old 09-21-2014, 05:00 PM   #4
Little Bear

We used this company to book a house rental in Marco Island. We had 3 dogs at the time. Very nice lady that owns the agency.

http://www.marco-island.com/index.html
Little Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Bear For This Useful Post:
HAMPTONS (09-21-2014)
Old 09-21-2014, 05:16 PM   #5
HAMPTONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakepilot View Post
We go to Naples every winter. I did a google on hotels that are pet friendly and came up with several in Naples. I also went to VRBO and found hundreds of places listed in SWFL that accept pets and have 2 bedrooms. If you provide more info I could narrow it down. What part of FL? Condo, hotel room, house? By the ocean or inland? Near what kind of activities?
We have tried VRBO and have only found rentals for small pets. We have a yellow LAB who weighs around 60 pounds. We would like a condo near the ocean in the west coast.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2014, 05:50 PM   #6
Jeanzb1

Boy oh boy, can I ever relate to this!!! We sold our oceanfront condo in Vero Beach one year ago and live here in the Lakes Region full-time (LOVE it!) but we are going back for several months this winter because we volunteer three or four days a week at a chimpanzee sanctuary. I started searching last May for a condo that would accept pets (we have a cat) and it took MONTHS of work to finally find a place. I was on VRBO, HomeAway, Craig's List, and I also talked to many realtors. One word of advice: Be very, very, very leery of the above-mentioned sites because I ran into three separate scams and easily could have lost thousands of dollars. If a deal seems too good to be true, trust me, IT IS!
The problem is that the vast majority of condos (at least where we were in the Vero Beach and North Hutchinson Island area) will not allow renters to have pets. Pets are fine for owners but not for renters. And then you will find a weight restriction -- usually 30 lbs. And then there is the $$$ factor. The majority of single-family homes that would allow pets want a minimum of two or three months and a minimum of $5000 per month. I'm sorry to be so pessimistic, but this is the experience I have just run into.
Jeanzb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:15 PM   #7
HAMPTONS

This is exactly what we have run into. Although we have a large dog-he is older, sleeps all day and rarely barks. He would never be a problem. I know that renters have to abide by different rules than owners.
Thank you
Old 09-21-2014, 06:25 PM   #8
Jeanzb1

I totally sympathize with the situation you are in. Our cat is much like your dog -- he sleeps all day and is not a problem AT ALL, but rules are rules. We couldn't even go back and rent in our former condo that we owned for many years because renters cannot have pets. Most realtors that I talked to gave me no hope whatsoever. But time is of the essence now, so if you are serious about going, you had better not delay. I'm sure the West Coast is exactly the same as where we owned on the East Coast. As I said before, I would not use Craig's List or VRBO unless you really do your due diligence and ascertain that it's for real. (If you are interested in the scams we ran into, you can PM me.) Maybe call the Chamber of Commerce in the towns that you are interested in and ask them for suggestions. And call realtors.
Jeanzb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeanzb1 For This Useful Post:
HAMPTONS (09-22-2014)