Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2022, 08:28 AM   #1
Sammy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 71
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default The Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion

Not looking for addresses but where do the performers stay when they are at the Pavilion? Hotels, private waterfront homes? Some are there for up to 3 nights. Just curious...
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 08:46 AM   #2
ishoot308
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gilford, NH / Welch Island
Posts: 5,296
Thanks: 2,039
Thanked 4,355 Times in 1,685 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
Not looking for addresses but where do the performers stay when they are at the Pavilion? Hotels, private waterfront homes? Some are there for up to 3 nights. Just curious...
I know some have stayed on a private home / rental on Mark Island.

Dan
__________________
It's Always Sunny On Welch Island!!
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 09:39 AM   #3
TiltonBB
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Gilford, NH and Florida
Posts: 2,569
Thanks: 511
Thanked 1,933 Times in 795 Posts
Default

A lot of them fly in to Laconia Airport and have tour busses that are parked at the Pavillion behind the stage.

Several times I have seen groups of two or three high end, unlettered, motor homes headed into the Pavillion.

I know of at least a couple of groups that have had their crew stay at the NASWA.

Willie Nelson's tour bus:

https://www.chron.com/z-archived-car...#photo-7219257
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 09:45 AM   #4
joey2665
Senior Member
 
joey2665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Meredith Bay & LI, NY
Posts: 3,195
Thanks: 1,150
Thanked 998 Times in 641 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
Not looking for addresses but where do the performers stay when they are at the Pavilion? Hotels, private waterfront homes? Some are there for up to 3 nights. Just curious...
I have a oersonal friend that performed at the Colonial, she said most try to stay at the Opeechee Inn if possible or the Margate and their crew stay on the buses.
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 07:46 AM   #5
steve-on-mark
Senior Member
 
steve-on-mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Epping, NH / Mark Island
Posts: 1,184
Thanks: 94
Thanked 544 Times in 285 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
I know some have stayed on a private home / rental on Mark Island.

Dan
I've been on Mark for a long time and didn't know that!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
__________________
....keeping " urban decay " out of photos for nearly a year.
steve-on-mark is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2022, 10:42 AM   #6
ishoot308
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gilford, NH / Welch Island
Posts: 5,296
Thanks: 2,039
Thanked 4,355 Times in 1,685 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-on-mark View Post
I've been on Mark for a long time and didn't know that!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Buzota’s camp has been rented many times to performers at Meadowbrook. He used to shuttle them back and forth…

Dan
__________________
It's Always Sunny On Welch Island!!
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 11:46 AM   #7
steve-on-mark
Senior Member
 
steve-on-mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Epping, NH / Mark Island
Posts: 1,184
Thanks: 94
Thanked 544 Times in 285 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Buzota’s camp has been rented many times to performers at Meadowbrook. He used to shuttle them back and forth…

Dan
Well that place certainly serves the purpose...the famous renters probably get visits from Charlotte the dog!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
__________________
....keeping " urban decay " out of photos for nearly a year.
steve-on-mark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 12:10 PM   #8
ishoot308
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gilford, NH / Welch Island
Posts: 5,296
Thanks: 2,039
Thanked 4,355 Times in 1,685 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-on-mark View Post
Well that place certainly serves the purpose...the famous renters probably get visits from Charlotte the dog!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Steve gave me a tour of the house a number of years ago. I was amazed at the craftsmanship to say the least. I was also amazed how he used everything from the island to build the place! Roofing, siding, trim, flooring all came from the trees that were cut on the lot. It sure is a beautiful home!

Dan
__________________
It's Always Sunny On Welch Island!!
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ishoot308 For This Useful Post:
misty4me (08-19-2022)
Old 08-07-2022, 12:59 PM   #9
steve-on-mark
Senior Member
 
steve-on-mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Epping, NH / Mark Island
Posts: 1,184
Thanks: 94
Thanked 544 Times in 285 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Steve gave me a tour of the house a number of years ago. I was amazed at the craftsmanship to say the least. I was also amazed how he used everything from the island to build the place! Roofing, siding, trim, flooring all came from the trees that were cut on the lot. It sure is a beautiful home!

Dan
We've been inside as well...was the " bunkhouse" complete when you toured? It's amazing...hell, the whole place is amazing!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
__________________
....keeping " urban decay " out of photos for nearly a year.
steve-on-mark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 01:02 PM   #10
ishoot308
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gilford, NH / Welch Island
Posts: 5,296
Thanks: 2,039
Thanked 4,355 Times in 1,685 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-on-mark View Post
We've been inside as well...was the " bunkhouse" complete when you toured? It's amazing...hell, the whole place is amazing!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
I don’t remember the bunk house so it must not have been built at that time…

Dan
__________________
It's Always Sunny On Welch Island!!
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 01:08 PM   #11
steve-on-mark
Senior Member
 
steve-on-mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Epping, NH / Mark Island
Posts: 1,184
Thanks: 94
Thanked 544 Times in 285 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
I don’t remember the bunk house so it must not have been built at that time…

Dan
It's the size of the main house...includes a pool table room...stunning...just like Ellacoya Barn and Grill....cool stuff to look at everywhere!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
__________________
....keeping " urban decay " out of photos for nearly a year.
steve-on-mark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 01:19 PM   #12
ishoot308
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gilford, NH / Welch Island
Posts: 5,296
Thanks: 2,039
Thanked 4,355 Times in 1,685 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-on-mark View Post
It's the size of the main house...includes a pool table room...stunning...just like Ellacoya Barn and Grill....cool stuff to look at everywhere!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Oh wait a minute…yes the bunk house was built, my wife just reminded me! I remember the pool table!

Dan
__________________
It's Always Sunny On Welch Island!!
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 09:09 AM   #13
codeman671
Senior Member
 
codeman671's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,032
Thanks: 169
Thanked 627 Times in 366 Posts
Default

This morning I saw a video of Luke Bryan going down that big blue waterslide in Alton Bay.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 09:15 AM   #14
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,457
Thanks: 1,118
Thanked 1,760 Times in 1,080 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
This morning I saw a video of Luke Bryan going down that big blue waterslide in Alton Bay.
My wife literally just showed me that a few minutes ago—pretty cool!

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 10:02 AM   #15
Janet
Senior Member
 
Janet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 441
Thanks: 206
Thanked 125 Times in 85 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
This morning I saw a video of Luke Bryan going down that big blue waterslide in Alton Bay.
Would love to see the video. Where can I find it?
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 02:26 PM   #16
codeman671
Senior Member
 
codeman671's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,032
Thanks: 169
Thanked 627 Times in 366 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Would love to see the video. Where can I find it?
It was on the I boat on Lake Winnipesaukee facebook group, but it was a video posted from his TikTok.

He talked to a VIP at the concert about the slide, was invited to come check it out and actually went.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 05:58 PM   #17
steve-on-mark
Senior Member
 
steve-on-mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Epping, NH / Mark Island
Posts: 1,184
Thanks: 94
Thanked 544 Times in 285 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
It was on the I boat on Lake Winnipesaukee facebook group, but it was a video posted from his TikTok.

He talked to a VIP at the concert about the slide, was invited to come check it out and actually went.
Now I wish I had spoken to him about our water carpet/ duck latrine... maybe he would have wanted to try that as well!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
__________________
....keeping " urban decay " out of photos for nearly a year.
steve-on-mark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 08:05 PM   #18
TiltonBB
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Gilford, NH and Florida
Posts: 2,569
Thanks: 511
Thanked 1,933 Times in 795 Posts
Default Blue slide

I am not too good at this but this link may work.

https://www.facebook.com/45657291596...2756895603934/
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 08:09 PM   #19
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,457
Thanks: 1,118
Thanked 1,760 Times in 1,080 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
I am not too good at this but this link may work.

https://www.facebook.com/45657291596...2756895603934/
Works—nice job!

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
TiltonBB (08-10-2022)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.21708 seconds