Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Automotive
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2021, 09:01 AM   #1
Slickcraft

Thanked 1,999 Times in 913 Posts
Thumbs up Tire Warehouse - Laconia

We have used Tire Warehouse in Laconia 15+ years for new tires and tire puncture repair. OK, it is the ultimate zero frills shop but we have experienced good service and prices.

https://locations.tirewarehouse.net/...a/331-court-st

We stopped in this morning with my wife's 2020 RAV4 that had slow leaks in both passenger side tires. They found a nail in each tire and said that both were repairable. With only 13K on the tires, really glad that we did not have to replace all four.

About 30 min later the car was ready and we went up to pay. No Charge! Really? Yes sir. Of course we were established customers and we will be back when we need new tires but we left really happy.

Alan
Slickcraft is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slickcraft For This Useful Post:
Biggd (06-02-2021), ghfromaltonbay (06-02-2021), TheTimeTraveler (06-08-2021), trfour (06-02-2021)
Old 09-12-2021, 06:23 AM   #2
fatlazyless

Story in today's Sept 12 Union Leader about a fatal crash of a 1996 Ford Explorer on Rt 93 in Thornton that apparently went off the highway and smashed into the trees. Says a bad tire was probably the cause, and has three photos of the smashed-up vehicle.

You know the low priced Goodyear Viva-3 at Walmart is a very good lo-priced tire, and much better than driving around with a 10-year old, worn out tire or something that is no longer safe to be driving.

Anyone have a thorough understanding on the difference between the Goodyear Viva-3, and the slightly higher priced Goodyear Assurance all-season, that's also sold at Walmart? They is both black, round, and look like tires but the Assurance costs a little more, so what's the difference?

Who do you trust betterer for your tire installation ...... the Tire Warehouse-Laconia or Walmart ..... where to go???? ...... a good question! Walmart is usually super busy with a long wait so is best to go to Walmart at 6:55-am, five minutes before they open. Maybe not the case at the Woodsville Walmart, Store #4389, which is way out deep into the woods, truly in the middle of no-where, but is usually the case at the hyper busy shopping mecca in Plymouth NH.

So, where the heck is Woodsville, NH? Isn't it really a NH town that is located economically within the State of Vermont which is why it has a Walmart.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...-buying-guide/ ...... all about the incredible Goodyear Viva-3 low priced tire only sold by Walmart .... and nowhere else!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 09-12-2021 at 01:38 PM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 07:55 AM   #3
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Tire Warehouse

I agree it's a great no-frill tire retailer and installer. They will even get and install tires that you don't find in their showroom such as Nokian and Vredestein, top-rated European tires.

I never had good luck with their alignment. Like VIP it's hit or miss. I like Northeast Tire. Cars and trucks came out true and the steering wheel is straight!
Old 09-12-2021, 09:06 AM   #4
LikeLakes

Easy answer for me .... I trust Tire Warehouse before Wal-Mart. Actually I'd trust nearly any option before Wal-Mart for tires. I have had good luck at multiple Tire Warehouse's, and Town Fair has treated me well too. If you have a local mechanic you trust they often know of good value/quality deals that are available, as long as they have decent tire mounting equipment they will do the same job as the tire stores.
LikeLakes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LikeLakes For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (09-12-2021)
Old 09-12-2021, 09:35 AM   #5
John Mercier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Story in today's Sept 12 Union Leader about a fatal crash of a 1996 Ford Explorer on Rt 93 in Thornton that apparently went off the highway and smashed into the trees. Says a bad tire was probably the cause, and has three photos of the smashed-up vehicle.

You know the low priced Goodyear Viva-3 at Walmart is a very good lo-priced tire, and much better than driving around with a 10-year old, worn out tire or something that is no longer safe to be driving.

Anyone have a thorough understanding on the difference between the Goodyear Viva-3, and the slightly higher priced Goodyear Assurance all-season, that's also sold at Walmart? They is both black, round, and look like tires but the Assurance costs a little more, so what's the difference?

Who do you trust betterer for your tire installation ...... the Tire Warehouse-Laconia or Walmart ..... where to go???? ...... a good question! Walmart is usually super busy with a long wait so is best to go to Walmart at 6:55-am, five minutes before they open. Maybe not the case at the Woodsville Walmart, Store #4389, which is way out deep into the woods, truly in the middle of no-where, but is usually the case at the hyper busy shopping mecca in Plymouth NH.

So, where the heck is Woodsville, NH? Isn't it really a NH town that is located economically within the State of Vermont which is why it has a Walmart.
Here is the review. https://www.tiredeets.com/goodyear-viva-3-review/

But what the review doesn't cover is the option of using the less expensive tire and going for a true snow tire for the winter. Which is probably a bigger factor in our area.
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2021, 08:11 PM   #6
TheTimeTraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...-buying-guide/ ...... all about the incredible Goodyear Viva-3 low priced tire only sold by Walmart .... and nowhere else!
That accident in Thornton was a sad situation. Apparently the driver was ejected in that crash; never a good ending.

Folks; please always use your seatbelts and buckle up! You paid for those seat belts (in the total price) so you may as well utilize them. Every vehicle has had them as standard equipment since 1964 (about 57 years).

I remember when cars didn't have them and one could have them installed for an extra charge.
TheTimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 04:52 AM   #7
TheProfessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
I agree it's a great no-frill tire retailer and installer. They will even get and install tires that you don't find in their showroom such as Nokian and Vredestein, top-rated European tires.

I never had good luck with their alignment. Like VIP it's hit or miss. I like Northeast Tire. Cars and trucks came out true and the steering wheel is straight!
Tire Warehouse was acquired by Monro in 2009.

LINK

Tire Warehouse has one of the most modern alignment machines.
Got most of my alignment there with zero issues.

But I always have my suspension checked by a local mechanic/shop before any alignment. Have my suspension checked at every oil change. Keeping ahead of any worn out parts.
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote