Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-30-2008, 10:18 AM   #1
nj2nh

Question Looking for a seafood restaurant on the water

Okay, I know I could just go through all the "reviews", but I thought I would cut to the chase. We are coming up to the Lake on Saturday for about a week. My nephew desperately wants to go to a "real" seafood restaurant (his word, not mine) with a view of the Lake.

So, wise ones, any suggestions? We are in Alton and would prefer not to have to drive all the way to the other side although I have a feeling something in Meredith would fit the bill. I thought we could try the Lobster Pound, but it isn't on the water and he wants to be ON the water.

Many thanks,

nj2nh
(and going from NJ to NH couldn't come soon enough!!!!)
Old 07-30-2008, 10:37 AM   #2
eyenotall777

Default Sandy Point??

What about Sandy Point. Reservations are highly recommended and see if you can request a view at time of reservation.
eyenotall777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:53 AM   #3
Rose

Default Shibley's

Friends of ours like Shibley's at the Pier, and glancing at their menu they seem to be seafood heavy.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:40 AM   #4
ironhorsetim

Wink wherever u choose

Please don't let him think all that tasty stuff comes from the lake and yes sandy point's our on the water choice

"Always do sober,what you say you'll do drunk,
That will teach you to keep your mouth shut"
Ernest Hemmingway
ironhorsetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:06 PM   #5
nj2nh

I've been to Sandy Point many times, but never had a view of the water as the restaurant is on the street. Must have missed the lakeview seats.

We thought of Shibley's. We've been going up to Alton since that building was Victoria's Pier and they had a soda fountain, but we've not been inside since it became Shibley's. That might be the way to go.

nj2nh
Old 07-30-2008, 01:07 PM   #6
Woodsy

Not that I really like giving Rusty & Alex any patronage.... (speed limit thing but now that battle is over)

If you want a good place to go with a view, the Town Docks in Meredith has a great view of Meredith Bay.

The LobsterPound has a great view from thier upper deck, but the selections are limited to appetizers.

Woodsy
Old 07-30-2008, 02:28 PM   #7
kjbathe

Default On which water?

If you're in Alton already, for about the same drive time as Meredith, you can go the other way and do Newick's in Dover. It's seacoast vs. lake but I'm not sure how much more "real" you can get.
kjbathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:03 PM   #8
Waterbaby

Default Shibley's

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj2nh View Post
I've been to Sandy Point many times, but never had a view of the water as the restaurant is on the street. Must have missed the lakeview seats.

We thought of Shibley's. We've been going up to Alton since that building was Victoria's Pier and they had a soda fountain, but we've not been inside since it became Shibley's. That might be the way to go.

nj2nh
I'd try Shibley's (full name -- Shibley's at the Pier), call and see if you can make a reservation -- perhaps even on the deck which definitely overlooks the water! (Their # is 875-3636. In fact, I believe it was owned by Shibley's when it was Victoria's Pier............ I may be wrong, but for some reason that's in my memory bank, lol. I've eaten there for lunch several times and the food is always awesome!

For a "real" seafood restaurant feeling, however, Sandy Point is (IMO) the way to go -- not sure about "water view" seating there, but they are as close to someplace like Newick's as you can get without the travel......let us know how you make out!