Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-28-2023, 07:23 AM   #1
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts
Default New Restaurant On Winnisquam

There is a new restaurant / bar soon to open called "Dox On Winnisquam". It is on the water on route 3 directly across from Jay's Marina where all the pontoon boats dock. It is accessible by boat as well. Should be a welcomed addition to those who boat on Winnisquam.

https://www.doxonwinnisquam.com/

Dan

Edited to add, there is a lot of good pics on their facebook page...
Descant (06-28-2023)
Old 06-28-2023, 01:15 PM   #2
Biggd

Thanked 1,071 Times in 676 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
There is a new restaurant / bar soon to open called "Dox On Winnisquam". It is on the water on route 3 directly across from Jay's Marina where all the pontoon boats dock. It is accessible by boat as well. Should be a welcomed addition to those who boat on Winnisquam.

https://www.doxonwinnisquam.com/

Dan

Edited to add, there is a lot of good pics on their facebook page...
I hope it does well. That location seems to change hands often!
Biggd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 02:18 PM   #3
Mr. V

Interesting that they'd use the word "Dox" in naming their establishment, given the negative connotations of the term viz. identity exposure.

"Dox?"
Old 08-02-2023, 12:54 PM   #4
Breakwater

Default C- for the DOX on Winnisquam

Visited the DOX for the first time this week with mixed feelings. My wife and I arrived to a full parking lot. We found the bar side of the restaurant full so we sat in the dining area. The room is unremarkable with wood features and basic textured epoxy flooring.

The waitress took our drink order and we added a chicken tender appetizer. A few minutes later our drinks arrived and we ordered Lobster mac & cheese(wife) and the buffalo chicken mac & cheese. After a bit of a wait, our waitress arrived with our meals and advised us the app would "be right out". This puzzled me as the chicken mac & cheese had chicken fingers on top of it!

Our meals had good flavor with a fair amount of lobster and chicken. The mac & cheese was nice and creamy with good flavor. No artificial flavors leading me to believe it was the real thing. However, the temperature was lukewarm at best. Very disappointing!

After a two-three minute wait, our waitress returned with our piping hot app of chicken tenders. Entre prices were $27 and $17...a bit high but not unreasonable. However the chicken tender app was $15 for five small-medium sized tenders and a plastic cup of honey-mustard. Definitely over- priced.

Our waitress did not visit our table again until we were through with our meals. We then asked for another drink (second) and a dessert menu. We were told the desserts for the evening were DOX donuts or frozen mudslides. OK we'll try the donuts. A short time later, eight golf ball sized pieces of fried dough arrived with limited sugar and cinnamon sprinkled on top. Warm and tasty!

Overall a score of C-. We will try them again when the summer crowd finds its way home for the winter. I give everyone a second chance!
Breakwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 07:43 PM   #5
Biggd

Thanked 1,071 Times in 676 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakwater View Post
Visited the DOX for the first time this week with mixed feelings. My wife and I arrived to a full parking lot. We found the bar side of the restaurant full so we sat in the dining area. The room is unremarkable with wood features and basic textured epoxy flooring.

The waitress took our drink order and we added a chicken tender appetizer. A few minutes later our drinks arrived and we ordered Lobster mac & cheese(wife) and the buffalo chicken mac & cheese. After a bit of a wait, our waitress arrived with our meals and advised us the app would "be right out". This puzzled me as the chicken mac & cheese had chicken fingers on top of it!

Our meals had good flavor with a fair amount of lobster and chicken. The mac & cheese was nice and creamy with good flavor. No artificial flavors leading me to believe it was the real thing. However, the temperature was lukewarm at best. Very disappointing!

After a two-three minute wait, our waitress returned with our piping hot app of chicken tenders. Entre prices were $27 and $17...a bit high but not unreasonable. However the chicken tender app was $15 for five small-medium sized tenders and a plastic cup of honey-mustard. Definitely over- priced.

Our waitress did not visit our table again until we were through with our meals. We then asked for another drink (second) and a dessert menu. We were told the desserts for the evening were DOX donuts or frozen mudslides. OK we'll try the donuts. A short time later, eight golf ball sized pieces of fried dough arrived with limited sugar and cinnamon sprinkled on top. Warm and tasty!

Overall a score of C-. We will try them again when the summer crowd finds its way home for the winter. I give everyone a second chance!
Isn't the appetizer supposed to come out before the main meal?
Biggd is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2023, 08:42 AM   #6
JayR

Default Jay loves restaurants

Ayyyyy, entrees coming out before appetizer would bring it down a whole letter grade...never asking about a second drink would be another whole letter...but the descriptions of the food were mostly good...and the atmosphere, location, etc. sound good. And that makes me think that these are bugs/tweaks that can be worked out, which portends well for Dox's long-term success if they can get/train/keep good staff.

Hoping they comped the appetizer, and also hoping that this was mentioned to the staff or management so they can address. Bon appetit, good people.
Old 08-13-2023, 08:48 PM   #7
LongBay

We went to Dox this past week and had a good meal. The place was busy and we got great service. We will go back and hopefully the weather will cooperate so we can sit out on the deck.
LongBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 04:59 AM   #8
pjard

My wife and I went there last weekend and it was just OK. Could be a fun place to watch a Patriots game on a cold winter Sunday but other than that we won't rush back.
pjard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 06:11 AM   #9
gravy boat

Default Dox

It takes some time for new restaurants to smooth out the kinks, have stable/reliable staffing both in the kitchen and serving out front. Some places take longer than others. We will definitely give it a try in the next few weeks. Hopefully it does well.
gravy boat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gravy boat For This Useful Post:
MBNeckguy (08-16-2023)